Japanese Zero - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Japanese Zero

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    I read somewhere that the A6M did have trim issues at high speed. However, even if true, and you want to "fix" yours, you can do so by finding the elevator_trim_limit in the aircraft.cfg, in the [airplane_geometry] section. I think the original value was 4. Mine is now 16 and it trims ok. I figure this is "my" Zero (PRB Planes of Fame), and I had the trim system upgraded so I could fly around without my arm getting too tired from pushing on the stick all day...
    Thanks! I to get tired of pushing down on the stick. I added the default Cessna 172 trim gauge and helped a bit. Your idea sounds like what I want. Just checked my WOP Zero and its 28 by default.
    Last edited by uniform7; April 29th, 2015 at 17:47.
    Mike G.
    Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler with Triple Monitors

I solved this elevator trim trouble like this :

In [airplane_geometry] change the value : elevator_trim_limit = 12.000 //8.000

I also added the [flight_tuning] section (missing in my "aircraft.cfg" from "A6M5 WWII Fighters") :

[flight_tuning]
    cruise_lift_scalar = 1
    parasite_drag_scalar = 1
    induced_drag_scalar = 1
    elevator_effectiveness = 1
    aileron_effectiveness = 1
    rudder_effectiveness = 1
    pitch_stability =1
    roll_stability = 1
    yaw_stability = 1
    elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1.75
    aileron_trim_effectiveness = 1
    rudder_trim_effectiveness = 1

Quote Originally Posted by Fulbert View Post
    I solved this elevator trim trouble like this :

In [airplane_geometry] change the value : elevator_trim_limit = 12.000 //8.000

I also added the [flight_tuning] section (missing in my "aircraft.cfg" from "A6M5 WWII Fighters") :

[flight_tuning]
    cruise_lift_scalar = 1
    parasite_drag_scalar = 1
    induced_drag_scalar = 1
    elevator_effectiveness = 1
    aileron_effectiveness = 1
    rudder_effectiveness = 1
    pitch_stability =1
    roll_stability = 1
    yaw_stability = 1
    elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1.75
    aileron_trim_effectiveness = 1
    rudder_trim_effectiveness = 1
    Wow! Yes, I am going to try it as well thanks
    Mike G.
    Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler with Triple Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by uniform7 View Post
    Wow! Yes, I am going to try it as well thanks
    Yes, that did the trick! You know, I installed a trim gauge on some of my helicopters. Wonder if this would have worked as well.
    Mike G.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperPilot2 View Post
    A good example is Saburo Sakai; on 5/7/1942 Sakai flew from Lae to Guadalcanal (about 550 nm) in his A6M2 to engage the Cactus Air Force. After some heavy ACM, and at the start of his return leg, he tried to attack a flight of either SBD Dauntless dive bombers (or TBF Avenger torpedo bombers, depending on the source) and was shot up badly, including being struck in the head by a bullet, losing vision in one eye, and suffering paralysis on the left side of his body. With these grave injuries, he still managed to fly the 500 miles back to Lae and actually land his crippled Zero.
    Correct, other than it was Rabaul he was flying from that day, not Lae. Spotting the Green Islands, north of the Solomons, was what eventually guided him back. Also, according to his book, the dates 7th and 8th August are mentioned - presumably, 7th Rabaul time, 8th Tokyo time.

Failed upload. see lower.
    Last edited by Fulbert; May 1st, 2015 at 14:19.

JF and A2A.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-5-1_17-35-23-637.jpg   2015-5-1_17-40-21-981.jpg  

Just for the eyes :

the A6M5 "TAIC nr 7" (Technical Air Intelligence Centre) repainted for exhibition at Wright-Patterson AFB during the 1947 Air show.

Mitsubishi A6M2b Model 21 "Red OHi-101", Oppama air base (Japan), February 1943.
    CPO Tetsuzo Iwamoto flew this Reisen while serving with the training Oppama Kôkůtai as an instructor.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 150501a.jpg   150501b.jpg   150501c.jpg  

Fulbert is that A2A Zero?

btw they're good for target practice...

Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me

Pantera

DaveSHQ
    Fulbert is that A2A Zero?
    Yes, from "A2A/Shockwave WWII Fighters".

Quote Originally Posted by Fulbert View Post
    Yes, from "A2A/Shockwave WWII Fighters".
    Where'd you find the repaint at? TIA
    Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me

Pantera

I made both repaints and never uploaded anywhere.
    I just upload one of them right now, the other must be slightly modified before upload in the next hours.

Edit : Uploaded ! (on SOH, FSX WWII Skins)
    Last edited by Fulbert; May 2nd, 2015 at 09:24.

Members who have read this thread: 0