Team SDB Enterprise Rotor Noise

Thread: Team SDB Enterprise Rotor Noise

Team SDB Enterprise Rotor Noise

I like flying aboard the Team SDB USS Enterprise (CVN-65) but the rotor noise from the plane guard SH-3 is annoying. You hear it all the time you are near or aboard the ship. Anybody know how to silence it?

There's a wav file in the main FSX Sound folder called sdb_seaking. Renaming that should get rid of it for you Funny you mention this.. I did a couple of traps on Enterprise yesterday and heard the rescue helicopter before I hit the deck. Always meant to do something about it! It's nice when you're on deck but you shouldn't really hear it on approach in a jet with the canopy closed!!

ATB
    DaveB

I loved this package , Frankly .. who the hell is Frank I was consternating on getting .. hells , what did I not try to get on the deck

This is what puzzled me last night. I noticed the sdb_seaking.wav file in the FSX sound folder and immediately renamed it to something random, still heard the rotor noise. Removed the .wav file completely from FSX, still heard the rotor noise. Removed the "sound" and "soundai" folders from the carrier's folder in SimObjects/Boats, still heard the rotor noise. If I remove the SH-3 from the formation in AICarriers, no more rotor noise but then no more plane guard helo off the port side. I'm thinking the sound is in the helo's .mdl file. Is that even possible???

Just a thought, would the sound be alised to one of the stock helos,

cheers ian

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Just a thought, would the sound be alised to one of the stock helos,
    cheers ian
    Ian, that's a possibility but... The SDB Seaking plane guard has no sound folder or sound.cfg file of its own so I don't know how it would be aliased to one of the default helos except by some entry in the .mdl file. If I substitute the Clemenceau's Alouette "Pedro" helo for the SH-3 in the AICarriers formation entry there's no rotor noise so I know it's specific to the SH-3. I'm going to play around with it some more until I finally give up, in the meantime if anybody else has an idea pls share.

Hi Guys,
    The AI Seaking sound is a little more hidden than where you're looking at...

You have to edit the "fx_CVN65_Seaking.fx" effect file and delete the following lines :

[Sound]
    FileName=heli.wav
    MinAttenuationDistance=600.30
    Looping=TRUE

Then save the modified fx file and that's all!
    Let me know if it works fine for you?
    Regards,
    Sylvain

Sylvain, thank you for the reply. I deleted the lines in the .fx file as you suggested and that eliminated the rotor noise.
    I still don't know what the "sdb_seaking.wav" file does but at least now I don't hear the helo when I'm on deck or half a mile behind the ship, LOL.

hahahahahaha..

Thanks for that Sylvain
    ATB
    DaveB

Central reservation of the M62 in God's Own County.
    The wav file got left in by mistake but as it wasn't doing anything it just wasn't worth the time etc. recompiling and re-uploading.
    MickeyD

Members who have read this thread: 0