Buying ORBX scenery from the FlightSim store

Thread: Buying ORBX scenery from the FlightSim store

Buying ORBX scenery from the FlightSim store

I have bought ORBX scenery from the FlightSim store many times and have an excellent credit rating.
    I tried to buy the new ORBX Trees yesterday using the same updated credit card I have been using for over 10 years, it is the same card I have used at the FlightSim store in the past.
    This time I was told that they would not allow me to purchase from them.

Two things seem to have changed since I last made a purchase from them. On the final confirmation page, it says I must log in again using a facebook account.... I do not have a facebook account and do not want one.
    There also now seems to be something called eWay Payment Gateway which I must join to complete the purchase.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have not found any other place that sells ORBX's Trees using just a credit card without going through all this new run around.
    What is eWay Payment Gateway? I Googled it and quit reading about it when I read that it costs $49 to set up an account.

Unless I can buy ORBX products from another outlet, it looks like I won't be buying anything else from them.

I bought some stuff from them yesterday and didn't have to log on to Facebook.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Facebook account not required. Good idea to use Paypal though! If you have a problem and they ignore your requests for help you can file a dispute with Paypal and either get their attention or your money back.

I have no problems either.I am not a member of facebook.
    I use paypal.

Anthin.

Thanks for your replies.
    Did any of you have to sign up for the "eWay Payment Gateway" ?

I tried again to buy it and got the same result. I know there is nothing wrong with my credit card, I have no problem using it on any other site.
    It looks like ORBX only sells through the FlightSim Store.
    What is the procedure to get a pay-pal account? Is there a fee to join or use it?

I seriously suggest doing some type of malware scan on your computer if you're seeing things suggesting signing up for some web payment options.

I've only made one purchase from this store, a while back. But the issues you're mentioning would be popping up in other places within the ommunity.

I took your suggestions and got a Pay-Pal account, was able to buy ORBX's new "Trees".
    I had my FPS set at 36, when I had set the season to winter with snow on the ground, the FPS dropped about 10FPS. Now with Trees installed, the FPS remains at 36.
    It was supposed to increase the FPS with trees installed, in my case it seems to do just that, glad I got it.

Members who have read this thread: 1