ORBX Devil's Tower

Thread: ORBX Devil's Tower

ORBX Devil's Tower

...and it's freeware and it's from Frank Dainese !

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Wow, realy BBBBIIIGGG rock - 1,2 GB

https://fullterrain.com/freeware# take it for free.

@Frank, TY!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    Awesome YoYo...Thanks for the info....
    Downloading now.....
    It's sceneries like this that got me hooked on ORBX.....
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

One of the first places I flew to when I got FSX was Devil's Tower and was really disappointed to find it's rendering average at best, so this is great!
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

This is really quite nice! And the price is right.

Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by davido53 View Post
    1.2 GB?

good grief!
    Will it fit on a floppy?
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Lane Street View Post
    Anybody else craving some mashed taters?
    Bugger .. ya bet me off the mark , strangely the movie was play on the national network here three/four weeks back , I did get a tan anyone one for roast potatoes then .... Cheers Frank , may the lights flash down on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane Street View Post
    Anybody else craving some mashed taters?
    Actual LOL from this!

Michael

Blog Entries
    Is that the Close encounters theme i hear coming from the top of the tower......
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Nice find! Great work on this one by ORBX and Frank Dainese - worth the large download size IMHO! And the price is right too!

Downloaded it via Google Drive and it didn't take long at all despite the 1.2GB size. LOL at the Close Encounters references here!
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

looks like they added the town of Hulett as well with this package. flying through this town almost felt like I was in the Andromeda strain...kind of scary but well done. Pick up your tourist at the airport and fly them to the tower. Thanks again Frank and Orbx!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tower3.jpg   tower2.jpg   tower1.jpg  

If you've been there on the ground you know it's 'As Real As It Gets'.
    Super scenery !

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 800-600 DSC02846.jpg   800-600 DSC02854.jpg  

No Tower

I downloaded the scenery and it has the Hulett town and the trading post scenery at the base of the tower, but the tower itself is not there. Anyone know why I have this problem?

It's free, but I can's afford it! Tooo many gigs for me on my already stuffed drive.

Not complaining, but why is it so large? Asking purely out of genuine curiosity since I am a computer dummy.

Nice scenery,Super Car!!!!..........i know yer only 72...but could it be left to me in you w..................no i best not.......

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    If you've been there on the ground you know it's 'As Real As It Gets'.
    Super scenery !

ORBX Devil's Tower gives my old rig the hiccups.
    Still have FSNorthWest Devil's Tower, 12.2 meg installed.
    Will stay with that until get a new system.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-5-2_3-13-40-390.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	22419Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-5-2_3-14-17-484.jpg 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	22420Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-5-2_3-18-5-968.jpg 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	22421Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-5-2_3-18-58-625.jpg 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	22422

My friend on FS Nordic site installed the Devils Tower. He doesn't however see the tower itself. Buildings, the hill (under the tower) and other things are visible as they should. Only the tower isn't there.

What might cause this?

Quote Originally Posted by PHo17 View Post
    My friend on FS Nordic site installed the Devils Tower. He doesn't however see the tower itself. Buildings, the hill (under the tower) and other things are visible as they should. Only the tower isn't there.

What might cause this?
    Your friend probably hasn't installed the Orbx Libraries - https://www.fullterrain.com/support

Quote Originally Posted by dharry View Post
    Your friend probably hasn't installed the Orbx Libraries - https://www.fullterrain.com/support
    That was asked on the forum. He says that he has installed it. No one couldn't find the solution. That's why I am asking here. He was also told to ask from the Orbx forum. No answer yet. No one of us have met the same problem. I think that his English isn't good so perhaps he isn't able to solve the problem on international forums. The discussion on FSNordic goes in Finnish or Swedish (he speaks good). If I cannot find the solution here I think I go on the Orbx (though I am not a member there yet).

Pekka

Quote Originally Posted by PHo17 View Post
    That was asked on the forum. He says that he has installed it. No one couldn't find the solution. That's why I am asking here. He was also told to ask from the Orbx forum. No answer yet. No one of us have met the same problem. I think that his English isn't good so perhaps he isn't able to solve the problem on international forums. The discussion on FSNordic goes in Finnish or Swedish (he speaks good). If I cannot find the solution here I think I go on the Orbx (though I am not a member there yet).

Pekka
    I had the same problem. Even though I already had the libraries installed, I downloaded them again and reinstalled them. After that, The Tower showed up. Must be some new objects in the latest libraries download, so advise him to re-download and re-install the libraries. That should fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by jandmbear View Post
    I had the same problem. Even though I already had the libraries installed, I downloaded them again and reinstalled them. After that, The Tower showed up. Must be some new objects in the latest libraries download, so advise him to re-download and re-install the libraries. That should fix it.
    This.

Devils Tower requires the 150331 (or later) Libraries.

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

Thanks for the answers. I'll tell him.

Finally got this downloaded yesterday. The "tower" is nice, but the surrounding landscape, trees, rivers, colors, textures, everything about it is just superb. How this is free I do not know, but congrats to the ORBX team for making it so.

dvj

Members who have read this thread: 1