HMS Bounty for FSX/P3D Going Beta Today - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HMS Bounty for FSX/P3D Going Beta Today

Hi Milton
    Please don't be too quick to scrap the seagulls they are typical of coastal sailing and I love the sound.
    Most square rigged ships used to wear ship rather than tacking through the eye of the wind they turned away downwind and turned through 260 degrees to be on the other tack.
    I am really enjoying myself discovering coastlines and bays.
    Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Hi Milton
    Please don't be too quick to scrap the seagulls they are typical of coastal sailing and I love the sound.
    Most square rigged ships used to wear ship rather than tacking through the eye of the wind they turned away downwind and turned through 260 degrees to be on the other tack.
    Cheers Chris
    discovered that the turning downwind with the square rig is the way to go. The birds are nice. I'd like to have the ability to turn them off too. The model is really superb. I have a very, very short list of items to send to Milton. Now we just need ORBX to model the Galapagos Islands for the Beagle.

Hi All,

Glad to see that the Bounty project is so well-received here ....
    Yet another demonstration of what's possible in "Flight"-simulator ...LoL

I can assure you that working with Milton and Nigel on this project, is a real joy ......
    Well worth all the sleepless nights in making it.

It again demonstrates what can be achieved if developpers team up, especially with such excellent designers as Milton and texture/sound artist Nigel.
    Combined with my ever-lasting quest to develop niches for FS , has lead to what will be released shortly (and some of you already have as beta-version).

Enjoy .......

Rob Barendregt

Hi Milton
    Cheers Chris
    We will be keeping the bird sounds but they will be controlled differently; I like the sounds as well but after 10 minutes or so, we need to part ways. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Been sailing in Pv2.5 for the past couple of hours without problem and it has been a real joy. Found a few peccadilloes I'll mention to Milton a little later, I'm still sailing.

Beta Results of P3D 1.4 to 2.5

Unfortunately, testing in 2.5 has not been as successful as we hoped. There seems to be too many stabillity issues caused by the changes in the 2.5 version.
    As a result, we will not release for 2.5.

Generally, P3D 2.3 seems pretty stable from test results but still, we will not be able to support it with changes or testing.

We have had no reported issues with P3D 1.4 as it pretty much mirrored FSX, but again, we have no means to test or support it.

We have decided as a result that we will not release for P3D since we cannot support it properly.

It appears generally, that the package may work well up to 2.3 with some caveats, but it will be up to the user to try it and determine whether to run it there or not to their satisfaction.

We gave it a good try with reservations, but we know now for sure our position on this is the right one.

Thanks to the P3D beta testers for all their efforts. That was greatly appreciated.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Milton.

The flashing problem does not happen in DX9,only in
    DX10 deck view.No problem in external or windowed mode.
    As long as I keep the cursor on the sail management window
    it is fine.
    I wonder if anyone else is having this problem.

Anthin.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    Been sailing in Pv2.5 for the past couple of hours without problem and it has been a real joy. Found a few peccadilloes I'll mention to Milton a little later, I'm still sailing.
    That's interesting Paul why some have trouble in 2.5 and some do not.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    OK....I'm sold.....When will it be available.....
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by trucker17 View Post
    OK....I'm sold.....When will it be available.....
    Check your PM Trucker.

Any SOH member who wishes a copy of the beta may PM me requesting such and it will be honored.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Milton
    Cheers Chris
    Thank Chris; also keep in mind I put a list of around 20 water ports in the documentation that one may launch from. Some are very scenic and screen shot worthy. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Its people like Milton who make this community great.....
    Thank you Milton....
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Anthin View Post
    Hi Milton.

The flashing problem does not happen in DX9,only in
    DX10 deck view.No problem in external or windowed mode.
    As long as I keep the cursor on the sail management window
    it is fine.
    I wonder if anyone else is having this problem.

Anthin.
    Are you running the DX10 fixer?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Yes I am Milton.The latest 2.8.

Anthin.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthin View Post
    Yes I am Milton.The latest 2.8.

Anthin.
    Thanks ... duly noted. There are other DX10 users testing so maybe one can speak to this issue.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks.hope fully some will have an answer.

Anthin.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Unfortunately, testing in 2.5 has not been as successful as we hoped. There seems to be too many stabillity issues caused by the changes in the 2.5 version.
    As a result, we will not release for 2.5.
    This news made me a very sad non-captain. I completely understand and respect your decision, but I hope you will reconsider for the future.

(OK I'll probably sneak her into my FSX installation but I really wanted to sail her in P3D, with the waves and all!).
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    This news made me a very sad non-captain. I completely understand and respect your decision, but I hope you will reconsider for the future.

(OK I'll probably sneak her into my FSX installation but I really wanted to sail her in P3D, with the waves and all!).
    Hi,

Please don't misunderstand Milton's remark on "not releasing it for P3D V2.5" ......

This only means that we can't do proper support if you have problems that appears to be related to using it on P3D V2.5 or future releases.

This IS an FSX release, so there are no specific P3D functions used in it.
    But like many other FSX "aircraft", it generally works fine on P3D.

Installing it on P3D won't mess up your P3D install; it's just a folder tree in the Airplanes folder (or whatever that's called in P3D).
    It's just that if you experiance the occasional quirck, we won't be able to look into it properly since no member of the team uses P3D now.

But if it helps: several P3D beta users have tested it successfully without a glitch (including P3D V2.5); but there are also 1 or 2 V2.5 users that have seen strange things.
    Like the ship being "dead in the water" suddenly.; we have no clue why, but it may have something to do with not installing all V2.5 hotfixes.
    So it might work fine on P3D V2.5 for you ......

In fact, we allready worked around one oddity (incompatibility c.q. bug, however you want to name it) introduced in P3D V2.*.
    Since we don't use an engine, there's a directive to have "electrical Always ON", to prevent things like lights and sails angle control ("flaps") to become disfunctional.
    However, this seems to be ignored in P3D V2.* (not: V1.4).
    The solution was pretty simple: we build in engine and force it on always (it's just under the hood, you won't see/hear any engine); which appears to solve this problem.

Hope this clarifies Milton's remark about not releasing it for P3D V2.5

Rob

It certainly does Rob, thanks a lot for clarifying!

Fabulous model and beers and cheers to all the team!
    I am testing in Dx10 (+ Steve's Fixer) and do not have any flashing issues as yet in any views. I will have to wait for the weekend before full testing and reading of the manual.

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    . . . . .But if it helps: several P3D beta users have tested it successfully without a glitch (including P3D V2.5); but there are also 1 or 2 V2.5 users that have seen strange things.
    Like the ship being "dead in the water" suddenly, we have no clue why, but it may have something to do with not installing all V2.5 hotfixes.. . . . . . .
    Rob
    Unfortunately that may not be the ultimate fix after all. I did a complete reinstall to bring me up to the current 2.5 version with all hotfixes and while initially I was able to get under way using my saved flight (which it would not do previously), that only lasted approx. 5nm before the ship came to a standstill. Actually in almost the exact same spot it stop yesterday when Bill (WND) and I were doing an MP session. After that, nothing would restart it. I finally closed the sim, restarted and this time the ship sailed approx 50' and stopped again.

Since Paul is running the same version I am and has not displayed any of these problems, I am at a total loss as to why my setup refuses to work.

What we are seeing right now, but not yet definitive, is if you run 2.5 before the HOT Fixes, or only have the first Hot Fix installed, you will have issues. If you just did a fresh install of the latest 2.5 with all the fixes included, it seems to run fine. So, if you wish to run it in 2.5 to try it, it may work, or it may not depending on your updates or freshness of install.

My point above is we have no way to support any issue that you may have in P3D since none of the team has it, and internal interfaces as still evolving and being released.

So far, testers having 1.4, 2.3 and fresh/very recent 2.5 installs seem to run okay.

There is no difference in the FSX package for P3D so give it a try. If it works, great. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The 23' Launch of the Bounty

Some people have asked why there is no Launch or Cutter on deck. I had great intentions but simply hit the limits of parts and polys on the Bounty.

As a result, I have modeled the 23' Bounty Launch used by Capt. Bligh and loyal crew.

It is a 2-masted ketch with a capacity of 14, animated sails and wind responses just like the Bounty.

This is great fun sailing around the bay, local rivers, or lost in the South Pacific. :-)

The release will be sometime after the Bounty release as I seem to have lost Nigel to a scenery project in S. England.

The attached shows temporary textures on temporary mapping, I assure you that the release version will be much better.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    What we are seeing right now, but not yet definitive, is if you run 2.5 before the HOT Fixes, or only have the first Hot Fix installed, you will have issues. If you just did a fresh install of the latest 2.5 with all the fixes included, it seems to run fine. So, if you wish to run it in 2.5 to try it, it may work, or it may not depending on your updates or freshness of install.

My point above is we have no way to support any issue that you may have in P3D since none of the team has it, and internal interfaces as still evolving and being released.

So far, testers having 1.4, 2.3 and fresh/very recent 2.5 installs seem to run okay.

There is no difference in the FSX package for P3D so give it a try. If it works, great. :-)
    My P3D 2.5 is up to date, and kept updated, so I may be in luck.

(I even have bathymetry enabled, lol ...).

My P3D 2.5 is up to date, and kept updated, so I may be in luck.

(I even have bathymetry enabled, lol ...).
    If you find that the Ship functions correctly, post your finding here. As I have written above, I have had no luck while Beta Testing and I also have the most updated version of 2.5

Members who have read this thread: 1