Carenado H25B H850XP HD SERIES is out!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carenado H25B H850XP HD SERIES is out!

Carenado H25B H850XP HD SERIES is out!

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Port...uct&correl=147

$49.95

Special Features
    Original ProLine21 systems:
    Primary Flight Display (PFD)
    Multi Function Display (MFD)
    Flight Guidance Panel (FGP)
    Display Control Panel (DCP)
    Control Display Unit (CDU)
    Flight Management System (FMS)
    Updatable Navigraph database
    Wing special effect s: Flexing wing effect (wingflex) and vibration wing effects on taxi
    Special wind drag effect
    Improved lighting systems (interior and exterior)
    Multiple real aural warning sounds
    Full FSX and P3D v2.0 compatible.

NOTE : You don´t need to have a subscription with Navigraph because this products comes with an October 2013 Navigraph database which has all the information you need to perform a flight. But if you want to keep your database up to date you will need a subscription with Navigraph (click here to get it).

Features
    ProLine21 system featuring:
    Two navigation modes: VNAV and NAV
    Flight plan creation based on real procedures
    Weather radar screen
    Situation awareness
    Traffic
    Set different altitudes for different waypoints (VNAV)
    Navigraph database (AIRAC cycle 1310 (October 2013) included)
    Load a departure procedure (SID)
    Load an arrival (STAR)
    Load an approach (RNAV, ILS, VOR, etc.)
    HD quality textures (4096 x 4096)
    Real Auxiliary power unit (APU) simulation feature.
    Original HQ digital 3D stereo sounds.
    Independent lighting systems for internal lights.
    Complete back cabin
    Customizable panel for controlling windows transparency, instrument reflections and static elements such as wheel chocks and sights props.
    Real behavior compared to the real airplane.
    Real weight and balance.
    Tested by real pilots.

NOTE: This aircraft does not have a 2D panel. Only PFD, MFD, FMS, and autopilot have 2D windows.

Included in the package
    6 HD liveries.
    1 HD Blank livery.
    H850XP Emergency Procedures PDF.
    H850XP Normal Procedures PDF.
    H850XP Performance Tables PDF.
    H850XP Reference PDF.
    Carenado ProLine21 User Manual PDF
    Recommended Settings PDF

Technical Requirements
    Windows XP with SP3 installed, Vista or 7 (32 or 64 bits).
    Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX with SP1 and SP2 (or Acceleration Pack) installed or Lockheed Martin - Prepar3D Flight Simulator v1.4 or v2.0.
    Pentium V/3GHz or similar
    Minimum 2GB RAM (Recommended 4GB RAM)
    512MB graphics card.
    980MB available hard disk space.

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

From all accounts on Carenado's Facebook page, this release has been rough at best. A good number of folks are reporting serious FPS issues while others are having an issue with the avionics display screens being blacked out. Carenado is already scrambling to fix the latter bug (which seems to be associated with Windows compatibility mode). I could be wrong but thus far it seems 75% of the first day purchasers are very unhappy. For now, I am putting off buying this model for obvious reasons (plus their webstore payment options do not include my preferred card) and hopefully by the time it's available at FS Pilot Shop, it will be debugged pretty well. One bit of (constructive) criticism on Carenado, one main reason I have avoided their later high end products is that it seems with every release, the bugs are numerous which "may" be indicative of a lack of comprehensive beta testing. When I read customers use the words "we are the post release beta testers", such brings concern for me when considering buying their products. I say this not to undercut or berate them in any way(nor ignite a fiery discussion here about the subject) but in hopes the company can make changes to the way they prepare, test, and roll out their products which will render a better experience for both developer and customers alike. JMO

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got it and have had two flights (in FSX). All gauges work but FPS is in the toilet, averaging 7.5 but as low as 1.4 despite my computer and video card being above their specs.

Uninstalled it after the first flight, and reinstalled it (as admin) before the second flight but the results were the same. Nearly uncontrollable due to the low FPS. Under certain conditions the external lights are just grey boxes.

Support ticket has been submitted, but am working towards a refund if not resolved soon. Very, very disappointing.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

i am geting 60 fps works amazing
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

Warhorse, after reading a bit of input on the issues, this may be worth a shot. Uninstall the model again, then check your gauges folder to see if there is a gauge named ProLine21.gau. If so, move it to a safe isolated folder and then reinstall the Hawker(as Admin again) and see if that helps. More I read about the issues, I think there are some possible conflicts causing the low FPS and blacked out panel screens.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also, if there's an option for Low Definition Textures for the VC and/or exterior, see if that option helps.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Only ProLine21 gauges are associated with the cab file and dll installed by the Hawker.

No option for low def textures. My box should handle it anyway.

It's interesting to see that many have great frame rates and no problems, yet it performs poorly on my machine.

I'm exchanging information with Carenado at the moment. I just completed a short hop from an airport outside ORBX PNW (a default airport with no addons) to see if that had an effect. It didn't.

Earlier I did a full uninstall, and reinstall as administrator to see if that improved the situation. It didn't.

Basically I have no problems with loading the aircraft, but the minute it starts with "Ready to Taxi" I'm getting this cyclic pausing every 3rd second or so. I can see the FPS drop from the mid-20's down to less than 5.0 no matter where I'm at. Just panning around the VC is choppy.

Ah the joys of flight simming....
    -- WH

I just saw the first video of the Hawker on YouTube. I see that user has his system OC'ed @ 4.5ghz and yet I spotted lots of stuttering. That and there appears to be significant FDE performance related issues(which were observed by someone I know who is a former Hawker 800/850 Captain for a Fractional Carrier).

This one is a complete waveoff for me for a while.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

at the end i was opening the door and parked next to a fuel truck and didnt know it so thats why it was not opening up

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

I'm not sure how much more Carenado can take hit wise?
    They were getting beat up before this even came out. I just don't under stand why they don't get away from the complex stuff like this and do some of the "Older Models" where they seem to do so well?
    With that said...I did buy it...and this morning opened the "Paint Kit" and said to myself...You have got to be kidding! Not sure why they don't listen to the community? Even freeware stuff have better paint kit's!
    Sorry for the rant...I'm gonna now see if I can crank out a paint or two...

Speaking of Biz Jets

I have a number of Carenado a/c and think they do a good job in the GA space. Really like their King Air B200 and C337. However, I have held off buying their PC-12 as others found quite a few anomalies and some said it was not all that much better than the older Flight1 PC-12, which I have flown to bits and still enjoy.

I am waiting for an ultra-long range biz jet and am puzzled what the hang up is on Wilco's Falcon 7x which has been listed on their site - and priced - for some time now but still showing availability "TBD." It looked pretty finished about a year ago so my fear is some petty IP legal snag with Dassault (who were supposed to be on board with Wilco on this).

http://www.wilcopub.com/falcon-7x-fsx-p3d-6853.html
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CODY View Post
    They were getting beat up before this even came out. I just don't under stand why they don't get away from the complex stuff like this and do some of the "Older Models" where they seem to do so well?
    With that said...I did buy it...and this morning opened the "Paint Kit" and said to myself...You have got to be kidding! Not sure why they don't listen to the community? Even freeware stuff have better paint kit's!
    Amen. Bring out "lite" models, price them under $25 US and watch them fly off the shelves. They used to make very nice ga a/c but seemed to have lost their way, especially with pricing. Most of us "older" folks just can't spend $50 for an addon.

$50 for a Carenado plane?
    I'll save that $50 for the next A2A release.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyjo View Post
    $50 for a Carenado plane?
    I'll save that $50 for the next A2A release.
    definitely +1

FPS performance is the number one issue for me when I buy a plane for FSX - everything else is secondary.

Carenado at one time held the standard for well executed 3D models that had virtually zero impact on FPS - and as they were usually tied to an acceptable price tag (between 20-30$) they were an
    automatic buy for me - same with Alabeo.

But now they seem to have fallen into the "more is better" trap...more systems, more code, more money.

Why would anyone want a beautiful model that they cant use, other than as a screensaver...?
    I'd rather have an OK one that flies like liquid poured out of a glass - this IS a flight sim after all

FWIW - I also believe that any developer who charges 40$ or more for an aircraft MUST offer a demo...returns and or refunds are a PITA

I have a lot of planes in my FSX folder - but not one did I pay more than 30$ for - not because I'm cheap, but because from everything I've read - the pricier ones come with systems and features that bog them down.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

..as an update to my prior post, I'm still struggling with the FPS on the Hawker.

I've taken several flights and tried different things including several more uninstall/reinstalls and disabling the high resolution VC per their FAQ. Still no major progress on getting the FPS to a decent level.

For comparison I also have their Citation. Although my FPS limit is at 30, the Citation flies in the mid-20's which is acceptable. The Hawker is about half that, and its definitely noticeable when flying over photorealistic scenery like Seattle.

The only thing I haven't done as yet is lower my graphic settings, which I'm reluctant to do at the moment.

I've got a support ticket with Carenado and have been updating them with my observations. My hunch is that it is not texture related, but might have something to do with the gauge design. For example, I didn't acquire the updated Navigraph for my Citation, but the Hawker comes with it.

As a side note it's interesting to compare several of the recent aircraft releases with regards to FPS impact. I love IRIS's Texan Driver, Manfred's KC-97 and Aeroplane Heaven's F3F, and neither of them are impacting framerates. Sigh..

One final statement. My comments aren't meant to bash Carenado or any other developer in any way. These things are often solvable and I understand that no two systems are identical. It's just a matter of trying to figure out the conflict between their product and my setup.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    ..as an update to my prior post, I'm still struggling with the FPS on the Hawker.
    Not being a plane person, per se, I wonder if the displays are a source of FPS hit. And if so, can the co-pilot's area be turned off?

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post

I've taken several flights and tried different things including several more uninstall/reinstalls and disabling the high resolution VC per their FAQ. Still no major progress on getting the FPS to a decent level.

For comparison I also have their Citation. Although my FPS limit is at 30, the Citation flies in the mid-20's which is acceptable. The Hawker is about half that, and its definitely noticeable when flying over photorealistic scenery like Seattle.

The only thing I haven't done as yet is lower my graphic settings, which I'm reluctant to do at the moment.

I've got a support ticket with Carenado and have been updating them with my observations. My hunch is that it is not texture related, but might have something to do with the gauge design. For example, I didn't acquire the updated Navigraph for my Citation, but the Hawker comes with it.

As a side note it's interesting to compare several of the recent aircraft releases with regards to FPS impact. I love IRIS's Texan Driver, Manfred's KC-97 and Aeroplane Heaven's F3F, and neither of them are impacting framerates. Sigh..

One final statement. My comments aren't meant to bash Carenado or any other developer in any way. These things are often solvable and I understand that no two systems are identical. It's just a matter of trying to figure out the conflict between their product and my setup.
    I cant say much, little knowledge here, but your issue is pretty significant, and that is a good news, oftentimes it is very curable.

And for those who have breached the fence, if it isnt too much of asking, how is the flight model? Thanks
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Quote Originally Posted by Meshman View Post
    Not being a plane person, per se, I wonder if the displays are a source of FPS hit. And if so, can the co-pilot's area be turned off?
    Haven't found a way to turn any of the MFD or other gauges off other than modifying the panel.cfg.

Carenado has responded that they are working on this issue.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by Peg o my heart View Post
    how is the flight model? Thanks
    I don't have the model, but I do know the flight dynamics are by Bernt Stolle and a such should be extremely accurate.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    I don't have the model, but I do know the flight dynamics are by Bernt Stolle and a such should be extremely accurate.

Mike
    They are dang good imo... just make sure you guys check your weights and load against the perf tables and check temps too... I've found my TAS to be within 2%.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by CODY View Post

I agree 100%! they have gotten away form what I liked about them. Slowly but surely this hobby is dying for me.

I want to support our hobby, I really do...but I just can't pay $50 for a Hawker when the same $$ bought me the VRS Hornet or tacpack. By comparison. Less money for a Milviz bird and anything A2A. I bought the phenom 100...and while it's beautiful, I never fly it because the FPS is so horrid on my machine. it's the single worst aircraft for this that I own. I just don't want another possible lemon. I'm sorry, I felt like full disclosure was not met prior to purchase. It was my fault but I've learned my lesson. I just don't want another hangar queen... comments welcome please! are my fears justified? please no arguments just data points so I can make a decision.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Blog Entries
    IMHO:

Fifty bucks was definitely my pucker limit on this one. Having said that it's a fine model, as one would expect from Carenado. It hits FPS somewhat, but is quite manageable on my system.

Taking into account inflation and various business factors over the last ten years, I can justify price increases...to a certain extent. My purchases are determined by "bang for the buck" and when I stack fifty bucks against other products in the market, I see that money buying a lot more when strictly comparison shopping.

When the P3D NGX went to its current price point, I walked away...knowing I'll not be purchasing that one for a while...no matter how impressive it is. I'll wait for the DC6 and re-evaluate my logic on the strength of that airplane. The 777 is another conversation.

Quite frankly, I've made more purchases of high end airport scenery i.e. Fly Tampa, Flightbeam etc. I also invested more in my weather and navigation peripherals as well.

For the folks at Carenado, we appreciate your hard work and dedication. Many are on limited income, so perhaps developing a spectrum of models in different price brackets would prove favorable in today's difficult economic climate.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

thanks gman. Since I can see your specs I have a fair understanding about what to expect. I really appreciate your insights too.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Members who have read this thread: 0