Do you fly the Buccaneer in P3D? If so, please read on...

Thread: Do you fly the Buccaneer in P3D? If so, please read on...

Do you fly the Buccaneer in P3D? If so, please read on...

Does anyone here fly the Buccaneer S1 or S2 from Flying Stations in Prepar3D? If so I'd love to hear from you as I could do with your help. I'm not getting much joy over at the Flying Stations forum.

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

I've got the S1, but not tried it in P3d yet. I assume you're talking about the flap sounds? I'll give it a whirl this evening & see if I get the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    I assume you're talking about the flap sounds?
    How did you guess Dave?! It would be extremely gracious of you to give it a whirl for me!

Ta muchness

Andy

OK, tried the S1. I'm hearing the same as you, the flap sound continually looping whilst on the ground.
    Looking at the installation, they've used an effect (.fx) file (two actually) to trigger the sound, with the control code embedded in the model. I don't why they've done it that way, presumably to have more control?
    Easiest way to stop it is to remove (or rename) the "flyingstations_flap.fx" file, & then replace the [FLAPS] section of the sound.cfg with a copy from another aircraft.

That is a huge help Dave! Many thanks! I deleted flyingstations_flap.fx from the EFFECTS folder (having backed it up first!) and then substituted this into the sound.cfg

[FLAPS]
    filename=..\..\Hunter FGA9\sound\flaps
    minimum_volume=12000

I now get the Hunter flap sounds, but I still seem to get the later part of the flap sound looping (i.e. it doesn't fall silent when the flaps are done extending). I can't say I've tested this extensively, which I will get around to doing, but I wanted to post this reply in the meantime.

Thanks again

Andy

There are some other sound effects triggered the same way. It's probably one of those you're hearing, rather than the flap sound. I'll have a look (and a listen) later.

Ahhhh, OK! Thanks again Dave.

Looks like a similar issue to the Flight Replicas Me-109, which is also suffering from a flaps (slats) sound loop when sitting on the ground...
    This issue probably happens to some other planes, I guess.
    For the Me-109, the temporary solution consists in deleting the associated sound file, rather than deactivate the control gauge. Better loosing the sound than the feature, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    There are some other sound effects triggered the same way. It's probably one of those you're hearing, rather than the flap sound. I'll have a look (and a listen) later.
    With the FS Buccaneers, I had similar trouble caused by flyingstations_starter.fx and flyingstations_starter_sound.fx. I removed both fx files, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Looks like a similar issue to the Flight Replicas Me-109, which is also suffering from a flaps (slats) sound loop when sitting on the ground...
    This issue probably happens to some other planes, I guess.
    For the Me-109, the temporary solution consists in deleting the associated sound file, rather than deactivate the control gauge. Better loosing the sound than the feature, right ?

The FS Bucc uses the default flap sound I think, so if you delete that you'll loose it in a lot of other aircraft too.
    I haven't looked at the 109, so I don't know how that's triggered.

Skippy has a fix on the last post of this thread here:

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Flying_S...iew=getnewpost

Thanks Sketchy, that appeared to fix the issue.

Many thanks

Andy

Members who have read this thread: 1