AH Globe Swift Repaint Question

Thread: AH Globe Swift Repaint Question

AH Globe Swift Repaint Question

In short, are there any? I've been trying, with some success, to create my own personal paint job. But, if anyone else has done the same, I'd be interested in seeing their efforts. The little Swift is bringing great joy to my virtual flying. I can see a trip to the maintenance hanger coming up for the A2A GA aircraft, cause they will probably all need a battery charge!

I've finished two so far; I just haven't bundled them up and uploaded them anywhere. The Swift is actually kind of nice to paint, since your really only need to paint one side. It's been a month or so since I did these, so I don't remember any issues, but the one thing I do recall is I didn't really come up with a good way to tone down the reflections. It shows polished metal really nicely, but faded paint not so much. But then, I'm a rank amateur compared to the real painters, and don't really know what I'm doing.

I've a bit of a backlog, with these two paints unreleased, plus 5 for the A2A C182, and 2 for the DA-20-100 (that were a serious pain in the hind end..).

Both of these are R/W liveries.

Jim Stewart

Jimmy:

Thanks for the reply. I really like your red/white Canadian Swift. I've been working on a polished aluminum scheme for myself, not real world at all. It's amazing how much time I can spend and how much fun it is to create a personal paint scheme that is just barely different from all the others!

Barry

Members who have read this thread: 0