Flying Stations TSR2

Thread: Flying Stations TSR2

Flying Stations TSR2

Better known as the Fairey Swordfish! Have been working on 4096 textures for this freeware model, as I could not find any done by anyone else!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

A few more silver ones!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg   3.jpg   5.jpg   4.jpg  

Good lord man.. I nearly fainted!!!

I asked a question over there (FlyingStations) so long ago, I've forgotten now but it never got answered. It was that I was surprised they'd not painted the RNHF examples
    EDIT: even more subtle.. A2A and L2!!
    ATB
    DaveB

Camo examples. Have uploaded all paints to FlightSim.com and should be available tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a.jpg   b.jpg   c.jpg   d.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Good lord man.. I nearly fainted!!!

I asked a question over there (FlyingStations) so long ago, I've forgotten now but it never got answered. It was that I was surprised they'd not painted the RNHF examples
    EDIT: even more subtle.. A2A and L2!!
    ATB
    DaveB
    Ha Ha Dave. It was A2A that got me interested in the Swordfish and I had intended to paint her. I am not convinced of the accuracy of the colour scheme though, having done a fair bit of research. LS326 though has at last been painted in the correct scheme so remains a possibility.
    Have to stop for a while though - have a Dragon to catch up with!

cheers, Peter

Quote Originally Posted by peterwatkins2 View Post
    ...Have to stop for a while though - have a Dragon to catch up with!

cheers, Peter
    Woo hoo! I was hoping the Dragon would find its way onto your to-do list Peter.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by peterwatkins2 View Post
    Ha Ha Dave. It was A2A that got me interested in the Swordfish and I had intended to paint her. I am not convinced of the accuracy of the colour scheme though, having done a fair bit of research. LS326 though has at last been painted in the correct scheme so remains a possibility.
    Have to stop for a while though - have a Dragon to catch up with!

cheers, Peter
    Hahahaha.. excellent Peter That paint of AJVH was a shock. I'd no idea one of these ever found it's way onto the civil register. This'll certainly make 'low n slow' a bit more interesting
    ATB
    DaveB

Great to see these skins for the Swordfish - thank you, Peter.

And to think a Civilian paint as well .. I really do like that , great thing is its a great multiplay aircraft

Lovely work, Peter, as always.

I think LS326 was registered post-war as G-AJVH by Fairey, and later passed to the FAA Museum, possibly when the spares ran out or maintaining it became too expensive. No doubt someone can confirm or correct this.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Members who have read this thread: 0