C-97 BETA now available for download! - Page 15
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: C-97 BETA now available for download!

Ken..

The latest ver is Patch#2 and it's available here in post #286

ATB
    DaveB

Another Israeli Air Force Livery For KC-97 Please

Can any talented please please please be kind enough to paint this livery as seen below for KC-97? Thanks. IAF first used that livery for KC-97 but switched to no name or nameless livery later.

Thanks a zillion.

Thanks, DaveB....got it.

CK
    Flying Canada's "Left Coast"

Just to show some current progress... this is the basic 'G' setup with an extra texture sheet for interior fittings. 0-30272 is one of the few survivors (in a manner of speaking) now languishing in the California desert. On the Monitor panel note the added entries for Doors 02 and 03, Steps, and Ramp. Door 02 and the interior fittings will also be added to the tanker versions. I'll create a new thread once the update is ready. Shouldn't be very long. All paints created so far will fit.

V E R Y nice Manfred

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Just to show some current progress... this is the basic 'G' setup with an extra texture sheet for interior fittings. 0-30272 is one of the few survivors (in a manner of speaking) now languishing in the California desert. On the Monitor panel note the added entries for Doors 02 and 03, Steps, and Ramp. Door 02 and the interior fittings will also be added to the tanker versions. I'll create a new thread once the update is ready. Shouldn't be very long. All paints created so far will fit.

Great news Manfred!! Looks more appealing by the day!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

This is a 100th ARW KC-97G photographed at RAF Greenham Common in 1963. The Arctic Red application is a bit speculative as I couldn't find a photo, but is based upon the 1963 photo where areas have clearly been paint-stripped.

Here it as it appeared in 1963

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Mjahn,

AWESOME CARGO SCREENSHOT!!

DaveQ, where can I find two Arctic liveries in your two screenshots, please?

Thanks,

Aharon

MJ -- that looks great!

DaveQ -- really smart looking paint!
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Are you saying that all the KC97 repaints will fit this one or are there paints for this this specific model.....

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Mjahn,

AWESOME CARGO SCREENSHOT!!

DaveQ, where can I find two Arctic liveries in your two screenshots, please?

Thanks,

Aharon
    They're not available yet; I'll package them up and post them here next week.

DaveQ

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    Thanks Much appreciated and please take time. I did not realize the liveries are not ready for public download.

Regards,

Aharon

DaveQ
    Cheers Dave.. much appreciated
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Are you saying that all the KC97 repaints will fit this one or are there paints for this this specific model.....
    Right, all KC-97G paints done so far can be used on the C-97G model. Which is just as well because many G's got converted to tankers and vice versa.

DaveQ
    Done today. Hope you likee!

DaveQ

Thanks DaveQ Much appreciated!!!!! Thanks for your valuable contribution!

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post

This is new model?

Available?

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    This is new model?

Available?

Zsolt
    Good morning Zsolt:

The C-97G is the 'cargo' version of the KC-97G so I guess you could say it is a new model so to speak..

It is still in the 'development' stage - I'm guessing the 'release' won't be too far down the road..

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by WND View Post
    Good morning Zsolt:

The C-97G is the 'cargo' version of the KC-97G so I guess you could say it is a new model so to speak..

It is still in the 'development' stage - I'm guessing the 'release' won't be too far down the road..

Bill
    Hello Bill,

Thank you the info!

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

SOH-CM-2021
    That is a very steep loading ramp at the rear.

Den.

Right, all KC-97G paints done so far can be used on the C-97G model. Which is just as well because many G's got converted to tankers and vice versa.

I am really GLAD that the liveries are interexchangable between KC-97s and C-97s!!!

World famous Yankees, psst pssst here is my hint for my request for Israeli Air Force livery

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by 511Flyer View Post

Den.

Quote Originally Posted by 511Flyer View Post
    Den.
    I'd have to agree. The video doesn't do anything to dispel that either, since we're seeing the ramp from a different angle it appears that the sim shot shows it to be at a more extreme angle. Nothing can be done about that however so it's a mute point.

From the pictures I have seen, the rear ramp needs to be that steep in order to cargo of any reasonable height to clear the rear under fuselage. From pictures it might look like the end part of the ramp could be extended for a shallower angle.

http://www.ovi.ch/b377/articles/flyingTroopship/

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Done today. Hope you likee!

DaveQ
    Dave..
    Just pulled the new paints from Allnodes. The Greenham paint in particular is just what I was after A quick note though.. I spent a frustrating 25mins trying to suss out why they weren't showing in the sim. Eventually twigged that the texture listing in the cfg and the texture folders is different (texture folders didn't have the hyphen). Changed both to read the same and all good Great paints both

ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 2