Default Cub Question

Thread: Default Cub Question

Default Cub Question

Does anyone know of a repaint/modification that shows two people in the Cub, thus "allowing" it to be flown from the front seat?
    Thanks,

Steve in Kansas

Since the figure is modeled, and that source file is not available you won't find one. You can always shift your eye point forward...:d
    Regards,
    Robert

How would I shift the eyepoint forward to give the appearance of being in the front seat? Thanks...

It's ctrl+backspace.
    Regards,
    Robert

Thanks...After all this time using FSX, I had never tried that combination...Really helps with several different planes...Appreciate the help...

Steve

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    There is a payware Super Cub at Aerosoft that you can get that has the front seat as the flying point.

Its really nice.. I love flying it and the panel is first rate.

(I hate flying in the backseat.. Helps if you have TrackIR).

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

You can also move the eyepoint in the cfg file. I move the eyepoint around enough during a flight, especially with one of the WWII fighters, so as to have it mapped to a second hat on my Saitek X52.

T.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    You can also move the eyepoint in the cfg file. I move the eyepoint around enough during a flight, especially with one of the WWII fighters, so as to have it mapped to a second hat on my Saitek X52.

T.

Dang...! Why didnt I think of that, lol..

:ernae:

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    There is a payware Super Cub at Aerosoft that you can get that has the front seat as the flying point.

Its really nice.. I love flying it and the panel is first rate.

(I hate flying in the backseat.. Helps if you have TrackIR).

Bill
    Bill .... does this work in FSX?
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

SOH-CM-2014
    Joe, I have no idea. I only do fun flying in FS9 and have never ported it over to FSX.

I am sure Aerosoft have it ready now for FSX. They have an army of devs over there, so I am sure its converted by now.

Awesome plane. Gauges are 'first grade A'. The pilot model is supposed to be, (or based on) Meg Ryan... . (oooooo lah lah). :d

NOTE: A base pack version of the plane comes free with some of their scenery packages. The full Piper package is available seperately and for FS9 is about $18.00 USD. There are a few paint schemes available for it at AVSIM.

Bill

I right click the mouse and in the window that pops up, go to cockpit label and click on front seat.

Man, I am learning more and more...Never realized you could do that...Duhhh...Thanks for letting me know...

Steve
    US Army Medical Department
    Retired Lieutenant Colonel

When landing the default cub in challenging conditions (such as in the RTW) I open the door, gives a much better view of the ground and even the wheel! A trick I used under some challenging conditions in my real Super Cub in landing on a small lake well after sunset..... Mother of invention....

T.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Joe, I have no idea. I only do fun flying in FS9 and have never ported it over to FSX.

I am sure Aerosoft have it ready now for FSX. They have an army of devs over there, so I am sure its converted by now.

Awesome plane. Gauges are 'first grade A'. The pilot model is supposed to be, (or based on) Meg Ryan... . (oooooo lah lah). :d

NOTE: A base pack version of the plane comes free with some of their scenery packages. The full Piper package is available seperately and for FS9 is about $18.00 USD. There are a few paint schemes available for it at AVSIM.

Bill
    I had it in FS9. I did the first repaint for it. It came out around 9 or 10 one night and I posted a "worn" Emma Field Paint at 3:00am the next morning.
    I really liked that plane. It and the Beaver turned me against Aerosoft in that they released them too soon. There was no beta testing on either. I paid to Beta that plane.
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida