Best propeller Motion/Blur Effects , Which is your favorite?

Thread: Best propeller Motion/Blur Effects , Which is your favorite?

Best propeller Motion/Blur Effects , Which is your favorite?

Good-day,

I'm curious..

One thing FSX has never really done well, is the propeller blur effects. Some developers manage to get much closer than others, in regards to how realistic they look..

Here's an open poll... Which FSX native aircraft (or P3D) aircraft includes to most realistic blur effect, in your opinion? Attach screenshot if possible!

Anxious to see the results...

Here's some of my fav's.

Warbirdsim P-51D

RealAir Lancair Legacy

Alabeo GeeBee

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

magestic q400.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

For me I like the more defined blade look over the blurry circle but that's just my own personal taste. I usually change it to fit my own taste no matter who does the model. The JustFlight Zero as an example.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-4-7_19-39-52-364.jpg  

This is something I worked hard on in my models. Making the hub blurred on props without a spinner. It has to appear as a transparent solid and this has been a real challenge. BTW, how the prop is displayed in the sim cannot be reproduced in a screen image since only one animation frame is captured.

Where'd you get the racer paint for the Legacy?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Where'd you get the racer paint for the Legacy?

That was a custom skin I did for a gent, and it's not released. Similar to about another dozen Legacy skins that I've done over the last year!

VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

I love A2As B-377 for it's prop turning effect. Looks quite realistic to me. But these are large props, I don't think this would look good on a smaller prop.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

I personally prefer a spinning / blurry disc circle over more defined blades, however I only *really* care when it's in front of my face & obtrusive. On twin engined aircraft, it's not such a big deal, especially if I can't see them without panning. However, there's been a few singles where the defined blades drive me crazy.

I've spent the last ten or so hours in the sim in the 4X DA20-100. The prop disc on that one is just about perfect for my liking. (Just like the rest of that add-on...)
    Jim Stewart

I like the ones by A2A:

also because the prop is visible from the side:

I think Manfred's aircraft have nice props too:

which are fun to edit as well:
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

and here's an example that I don't like:

the prop blades are too defined for my taste
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Not that I've ever done this, but: The ones that I can easily replace are my favourites.

P.S: Dibs on a "Which model has the best glass effects?" thread.

I like almost any prop animation as long as it is 3d (full side view) such as the A2A B-17. I love looking out the window of that plane and seeing those big 3d props spinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    P.S: Dibs on a "Which model has the best glass effects?" thread.
    that one must be the warbirdsim P-51D

I agree with Jankees. Do not care for the more defined blade blur. Especially in the VC.

Members who have read this thread: 1