TacPack for P3D now available
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TacPack for P3D now available

TacPack for P3D now available

VRS TacPack & Superbug is now available for P3d!
    Go get it.

BTW, P3d Academic version only. Discount available for FSX customers.

Quite a pricetag though...

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Just got it, thanks for the info.
    80 dollars for the bundle with the discount... Ah well...

For those of you who will be able to test before me: could you try a flight with one of the FSX Tacpack-ed aircrafts in P3D ? I'm thinking about Dino's planes or the IRIS A-10 Warthog driver, or something like that ?
    I'm pretty sure they won't be compatible with that "new" TacPack, but, well, I was hoping that some of the features might work anyways...

I doubt they will work, Iris already stated on their FB page that it wont work;

As a side note, we are aware that TacPack has been released for P3D Academic Edition, however we have yet to make a decision on how or when we will incorporate the TacPack version of the product into the P3D Academic version of the product. At the time of writing, the P3D Version of the Warthog Driver is NOT designed nor compatible with P3D Academic TacPack. TacPack Integration is ONLY available for FSX TacPack users at this stage.

The Aerosoft F14 seems to work. Dino's MB326 & T-45 are OK too, so his others should be fine too.

Any model that uses TacPack in FSX should work OK in P3d as well. I think the P3d version of the A-10 is specifically made for P3d without the TP features. It may be possible to manually port over the FSX TP model though.

To answer my own post, it seems the A-10 will work, at least the load-out manager does & I've got dumb bombs to drop. Need to read the manual regarding the guided weapons though.

I have been testing the P3Dv2 Tacpack for a while... apparently it works just fine with my aircrafts. Only exception is a very rare bug (I experienced it just two times in 3 weeks) that disabled HMD cueing in the F-35... but this is really rare.

Dino

The purchase point specifies that this is for P3Dv1.4+. Does this work for v2.5??????

I'd like to know before plunking down for the whole shebang, as I don't really use v1.4 any more.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Thanks Dave. Getting it now.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I could make a test flight tonight but i really need to **** again. It's been a while since I used TacPack in FSX, so my memory isn't so fresh anymore :P
    I had a small issue though, that the textures of my sim went nuts after reloading my flight. However, I suspect it might be linked to that recent texturemaxload tweak tests I made in my prepar3D.cfg.

FSX is now completely obsolete IMO. I've completely switched to P3D....other than testing. My personal use will be P3D from here on out...upgraded and LOVE it!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Will TacPack for P3D sit alongside TacPack for FSX?

Dave

Yes, totally separate program.

BTW, does anyone have the FLIR working in the P3d Bug? I get an instant CTD if I try it. Posted over at VRS, but no reply as yet.

I'll try it in the afternoon if i have time.
    My test flight from yesterday had all the necessary stuff for Laser tagetting tests, but I couldn't really dive into the avionics because of my bad memory. I didn't remember how to operate all that stuff anymore. :/

How's Performance? Any Stuttering/Low FPS issues? I have and enjoy both DCS and IL2 BOM for Combat flying,I'm curious how P3D handles Explosions/Rockets etc?
    Thanks

Patrick

No performance issues so far. FPS wise, the aircraft itself is about the same as the default F-22.

Great!! Thanks Dave.

Patrick

I have a performance hit in some cases, for example when the FLIR is active. But the game remains fluid.
    However, I'm getting some artifacts again, and it happens only with the SuperHornet. I guess I'll have to tune my settings a bit down.
    I haven't tried to set the FPS unlimited either.

Also, the FLIR works perfectly in my P3D v2.4.

Thanks for checking the FLIR Daube. Must be something specific to my setup then. Everything else works fine.

What graphic card are you using ?
    Could it be that you need to update your drivers ?

From my side, I've been doing some more tests.
    I set P3D to unlimited FPS, and set a 30 FPS limit in the P3D profile using NVidia Inspector.
    It works ok, but of course I get blurries more easilly than before. For example, it seems difficult to fly at more than 500 knots at low altitude now. With FPS locked internally, the speed limit is of course much greater.

But still, I can't really complain. In FSX, I could not go past 250 knots without getting blurries everywhere

However, in such a situation, my FPS remain sable around 30 FPS (the limit set in the drivers profile), excepted when I switch the FLIR on. Then the FPS drops down around 22-25 with fluctuations.
    Also, I had a funny experience when I launched my Harpoons. I created two new wiews on top of my virtual cockpit view to look at the Harpoons flying around (they totally ignored my radar lock...). After a few seconds, this triggered a scenery reload... which went up to 140% ! Now you know why the P3D graphics are better than the FSX ones

Anyways, I love that bird. Here are two shots: at the parking (a previous flight, trying LGBs) and while shooting my Harpoons. I guess my lock on the radar wasn't locked enough. Both missiles ended up blowing some small AI leisure ships, as if they were launched as "mad dogs"...

I'm using a 760GTX. Not the latest and greatest, but does the job fine. I was a couple of driver releases behind, but tried the latest anyway, with the same result.

Found the cause of my FLIR issue, or at least a work around for it. If I have "mipmap VC panels" checked in P3d it works fine, but if I don't I get a CTD. Oddly though, if I turn on the FLIR display, then go into the P3d menu & uncheck the "mipmap vc panels" option, it still works even if I change the DDI to a different page and then back again. Reported it over at VRS anyway.

Members who have read this thread: 2