Vertigo Studios T-33A - Feature Requests
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vertigo Studios T-33A - Feature Requests

Hybrid View

Vertigo Studios T-33A - Feature Requests

Good-day,

Systems coding, and flight modeling is under R&D right now for the T-33A. Please post what you would like to see here.
    Maybe there's a specific feature, or item that you would like to see included? We'll consider all opinions and comments.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    Good-day,

Systems coding, and flight modeling is under R&D right now for the T-33A. Please post what you would like to see here.
    Maybe there's a specific feature, or item that you would like to see included? We'll consider all opinions and comments.

- Joseph
    Might as well get it over with -- VRS TacPack.

And since there was a world of operators, a user friendly paint kit that doesn't require the latest Photoshop to use.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Might as well get it over with -- VRS TacPack.

And since there was a world of operators, a user friendly paint kit that doesn't require the latest Photoshop to use.
    Consider it done.
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

1. Engine limitations. Hot starts possible. Overheat etc.
    2. Compressability effects at sub-transonic flight.
    3. the option to switch Period helmets. Since it was used for so long by so many operators it would be amazing to switch out the helmets to match the period. vintage through modern (90's era).
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    3. the option to switch Period helmets. Since it was used for so long by so many operators it would be amazing to switch out the helmets to match the period. vintage through modern (90's era).
    Noted. I'm with you 100% on these items.
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Noted. I'm with you 100% on these items.
    Anyway to make a jump in and fly mode? No complex, just for fun flying?

Also, on shut down pilots go away....red tags show up, helmets perched on sills and edge of forward wind screen when canopy open?

Also, the centerline baggage pod for later units that flew it in the ADC.

Under wing fuel tanks.

shows what I mean about the helmet

shows under wing tanks

Blog Entries
    Absolutely ESSENTIAL!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Question

"3. the option to switch Period helmets. Since it was used for so long by so many operators it would be amazing to switch out the helmets to match the period. vintage through modern (90's era)."

TOTALLY agree, and I've been talking to Dino about that possibility for the last three years (my candidates to Dino were the P-4 [1950s/early 60s], HGU-2P [1962-1986], and HGU-55P [1987-present-ish]). Unfortunately, Dino tells me he is limited to one helmet. I told him my vote is for the HGU-2P, if limited to one, as it covers the longest period of the T-33's service (1962-1985/86).

Also, I've asked for a travel pod...sounds promising.

This bird is gonna be great!

Kent

Blog Entries
    How about a single seat option.....
    And Removable tip tanks

SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Engine limitations. Well said.
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Really good thread so far guys..keep it up. We're listening.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    I don't mind so much about the photoshop version, I would even be happy with just a white texture Carenado style, but I worry more about the layout, so make it userfiendly without for example having the fuselage being cut up in lots of bits and pieces and strange distortions etc.
    Look at A2A for good layout, Aerosoft Twin Otter for bad layout.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I don't mind so much about the photoshop version, I would even be happy with just a white texture Carenado style, but I worry more about the layout, so make it userfiendly without for example having the fuselage being cut up in lots of bits and pieces and strange distortions etc.
    Look at A2A for good layout, Aerosoft Twin Otter for bad layout.
    I fully agree, a logical lay-out of the textures is the most important. Look at the Classic hangar FW190 who have everything you need for a repaint in one single logical texture. Also the option chosen by ******** for Manfred Jahn's C-47 is very nice. He made one big layered file containing all parts needed to make a repaint in such a way that you can easily cut it into the format of the textures. This is very practical when you want to do shading or weathering.

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Please don't make us pay twice for the Fsx ond p3d version. Make one size fits all.

Someone mentioned they want the pilots to disappear and red tags to appear at shutdown. Other models that have had this feature in the past weren't very FSrecorder usable, in that on playback the red tags would appear and the pilots would disappear. Can you make sure that doesn't happen during playback? It's a real buzzkill

Thanks for the opportunity to comment!

Please, no mirrored texture mapping on any parts that may differ, left from right, in their color, graphic, text, etc. I realize this request may seem sophomoric, but there have been some recent examples where mirrored mapping of some parts prevented the accuracy of the repaint.

Some examples might be:

Tip tanks, landing gear cover doors, flying and control surfaces, external stores that might have left/right differentiated graphics, etc.

Again, thanks very much for the opportunity to comment. Looking forward to this one.

Best regards,
    Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    Please don't make us pay twice for the Fsx ond p3d version. Make one size fits all.

Certainly not. That would be a scam.

FSX, FSX-SE, P3d1.4 - P3d 2.5 will be fully supported.

And again, excellent requests thus far guys. This is GREAT, because we can more directly meet your needs and desires, and deliver a satisfying product.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

I'd like a simplified version where no complex tasks have to be done in order to fly it.

Jose.

Good-day,

- Joseph
    The ability to smoke in the cockpit and use the relief tube in virtual reality.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    The ability to smoke in the cockpit and use the relief tube in virtual reality.
    The 'relief' tube I can go with BUT no smoking !!! Your in an airplane that's capable of flying above FL120 therefore you will have' that good ole pure hospital oxigen (sp)" installed !! Unless you and the airplane want to become 'one' at some point - NO SMOKING !!!!

Bill

Edit: Hell, I was commenting as a pilot - I forgot you won't be leaving your chair !!!!!! lol

Cool! Glad it made the cut! (if possible!) Really looking forward to this one from you guys. The Historic Flight Foundation here at Paine field KPAE is planning to restore one to flyable condition.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Great thread! Just my 50 cents:

- A simple loadout configurator for non Tacpack users (or at least the option to configure loadouts by adjusting FSX Payload Manager station weight values).
    - Make it network multiplayer friendly, meaning the code does not generate looping key events which cause network packet flooding.

Here are a few requests, some of them have already been asked above, but I'll write them again nevertheless:
    - realistic engine start procedure: please ensure we have to click these switches as a real pilot had to.
    - realistic engine behavior: excepted a few of us, most people would like to see a realistic engine power and response times. That includes limitations and possible failures due to bad manipulations/manoevers (if any)
    - virtual cockpit lights: in some planes (free or payware) sometimes the lighting of the gauges and cabin are a bit exagerated. I hope you guys will ensure these lights look good Also, ensure the effects you use don't have that limitation that make them visible only from a certain time in the evening...
    - virtual cockpit holes: Occulus is coming "soon". Please ensure we can look anywhere without seeing obvious missing parts
    - TacPack: already planned as you said
    - Considering our various "cold and dark" situations: most of us use "cold and dark" default flights that are sometimes problematic with some planes. For example, my default flight has the avionics switch turned off and the mixture set to zero. When I launch a plane that doesn't have an avionics switch or a fuel control, then I have no choice but to press CTRL+E to start it or to make the radios active after startup, and that is frustrating. Could you ensure the essential switches/controls are available in the cockpit, or are handled automatically under the hood ?
    - Installation program: I don't know if you guys are "supporting" P3D or FSX-Steam. But could you simply ensure the installation program works in a "simple enough" way for us to select the destination of the files easilly ?

Good idea Henk

Agree with Jan's comment too.. except the bit about the Carenado style 'blank'. I've still not mastered that

Jump in and fly.. another good idea. Something along the lines of MilViz (a couple of clicks to light up essential services) would be excellent for those not keen on clicking every switch (eg: me)!!

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Good idea Henk

Agree with Jan's comment too.. except the bit about the Carenado style 'blank'. I've still not mastered that
    It's real simple, you open the white texture in photoshop or whatever you're using, set that layer to 'multiply'and put your paint below the white layer. Works beautifully.
    And you can make shiny and even metal textures by playing around with the alpha and spec.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Members who have read this thread: 3