Vertigo Studios T-33A - Feature Requests - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vertigo Studios T-33A - Feature Requests

My list:

1. Blade erosion simulation in the J33's compressor, down to vapor-droplet accuracy.

2. That subtle, almost inaudible change in engine whine when you roll about 0.25° while in a -2.226G dive. Get the numbers right, it doesn't happen under any other condition!

3. A helmet from John Doe's training flights in 1958. Standard issue, but had a large scratch running from just about ear-height on the left side all the way to the back.

4. "No switch" mode. A military trainer aircraft is much too complex for me and I just can't wrap my head around that weird "Battery-fuel valve-engine starter" concept.

5. "Student pilot" mode who also flies the plane. He's fresh of the theory, so he should be able to wrap his head around the REALLY perilous handling characteristics of this bird much better than me!

6. A canadian version with maple syrup filled door seals.

7. Drop tanks. You know, these interim models of which only about three dozen or so were produced? Yeah, the look like the ones from the P-80, but taper not quite as hardly (about a 0.005% difference) at the back.

8. Differences between production runs. I've heard that the 1957 wing fastening bolts offered a 0.21% increase in wing stability and thus pushed the critical mach number up by 0.0005. I want that represented in the FDE.

9. Speaking of FDE and flying, you know how the EGT would always be a bit above what it should be on a monday? Yeah? I bet that'd make two more people buy this one! Also, it's supposed to not start up on the first try after a full moon night.

10. Cockpit lighting should be bright enough that I can still slobber about all the details on that Marylin Monroe photo (that is of course mandatory on the instructor's panel) at night while not too bright so that I won't give my position away to one of these dreaded commies on the ground that have certainly infiltrated my country!

11. "Sloppy crew chief mode" with covers and safety pins that appear randomly in flight (and of course make the corresponding aircraft system fail).

12. Accounting for "Mexican Food Night" that was customary on wednesdays back when I was stationed at Freedom AFB from 2/65 to 4/69. Implementation could be via sound bits that randomly exclaim "*Pfffffrt*", "Sorry!" and "Ewww, what's that smell?!"

13. TACPACK support. No purchase without this one! But I want to strap LGBs and nukes on the wings because the only way to deal with a dirty communist on the range is to blow him back into the stone age. Also, didn't you know that the T-33 could be used as a real bomb truck? Not even the F-4 came close!

14. An installer for FSX, FSXSE, P3D 1.4, P3Dv2, X-Plane, FlightGear and every other installment of MSFS back to FS4.

15. Absolutely no frame rate drop and OOM with this bird, regardless of how many strain simulations you're runnning on each wing panel!

16. A price tag of $-5. Hey, after all, my suggestions ensure that the model will become a real winner!

Thanks for listening to user input, Joseph. This is going to be a great release.

Kent

lol Bjoern - nice - but you left a participle dangling...2 point deduction
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

NAS Glenview

TARPSbird this is my paint for Tin Conrad's great T-33.

I spent 4 years at NAS Glenview in the seventies.

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    lol Bjoern - nice - but you left a participle dangling...2 point deduction
    Nooooooo, there goes my gold medal!

I'll second the CT133 option. It's also slightly longer than the standard T-33, and was the second-most built variant.

lol, great response Bjoern. . . classic!

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post

Yes Ed... had to laugh.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Bjoern... bravo!
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

In your model, please support alpha channel 'shine' in your textures along with bump and specular mapping so we can go crazy on the repaints.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

If there isn't a "jump in and fly" mode, it would be money wasted for me I'm afraid. But I'm sure this will be a popular subject.

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    In your model, please support alpha channel 'shine' in your textures along with bump and specular mapping so we can go crazy on the repaints.

Wouldn't have it any other way!

And by the way, anyone who has logged real T-33 flight time as P.I.C. (any variant), we would like to hear from you. Please send me a private message.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

+ chocks,RBF ribbons,engine covers,removable pilots,ladders....

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

1) Thunderbirds and Blue Angels paints
    2) Would pay extra for a T2V-1 Seastar!!!!
    3) AI version would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by semo View Post
    TARPSbird this is my paint for Tim Conrad's great T-33. I spent 4 years at NAS Glenview in the seventies.
    Semo, have you uploaded that paint anywhere? I have Tim's T-33 and would like to have the Glenview paint.

7V

TARPbird- I haven't download it any where. I used some ones paint as a base and don't remember who's work it was. Sorry.

I agree that a CT-133 Silver Star would be most welcome.
    Mike Mann

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yes Ed... had to laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    Bjoern... bravo!
    *Takes a bow*

Oh, almost forgot...

17. A 167% bug free release in exactly two weeks from now.

Icon22

Single Seat RT-33 PLEASEEEE !!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s800x600M.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	21607 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9-35_02.jpg 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	21609

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker17 View Post
    How about a single seat option.....
    And Removable tip tanks

I don't know how difficult it is to make a P-80 version when the T-33A model is complete, but I would be very interested in it, even more than in the T-33A.

At the present, a full P-80 variant isn't being discussed.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

I'd also like a RT-33 model please.... with functional cameras which produce B&W photos in a separate folder after the sortie is completed, from which we can judge the accuracy of our photography!

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    Wouldn't have it any other way!

And by the way, anyone who has logged real T-33 flight time as P.I.C. (any variant), we would like to hear from you. Please send me a private message.

- Joseph
    PM sent. And a good one.

Blog Entries
    Some great ideas here - and thanks Joseph for the updates.

I'll echo John D's request for a T2V. That'd be the stuff of legend in FSX, I'd be on it like the proverbial screen door in a windstorm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lockheed-T2V-1-Sea-Star-T-1A.jpg 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	21644

Even if it shared the standard T-bird VC, I'd be giddy with glee.

With all the export and license built versions, there's mountains of repaint possibilities for a T-33 project. Looking forward to it.

I had a chance to clamber around a CT-133 at Cold Lake ages ago and took pics. Can dig up if required, though I'm sure you have plenty of cockpit photos. Let me know.

Regards,

dl

Icon9

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    I'd also like a RT-33 model please.... with functional cameras which produce B&W photos in a separate folder after the sortie is completed, from which we can judge the accuracy of our photography!

Andy
    In all seriousness, this could be done with the right programming skills...

But I think the R&D would cost us more than the market could sustain!

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Members who have read this thread: 3