Talon passed away - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Talon passed away

I did not know him but this looks like a great campaign.Going to give it a try this evening.

Thanks Captain Kurt! This is definitely a must have Campaign. I am redoing one that he initially inspired me to do several years ago.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Sorry for the lateness of the day, just getting my computer running again.

I read this days ago, but was unable to reply due to technical issues.

I am saddened to hear of this, a true tragedy, the passing of a hero, because, that's what he is. A braver man than I that demands up-most respect for what he gave. For this my heart bleeds, tears of true sadness. Men like Al will be remembered with reverence and awe by those that they left behind, they always are. Men are defined by their actions and he left a legacy to be proud of.

kind regards,
    Jamie.

PS. Heidi, my wife is in tears because of this, both our love and prayers to you.

Thanks Kurt and Al

Thanks Kurt and Al, love yourwork.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Rest in Peace Al my old friend.

I've been away on business so I just saw this today.

I remember Al from CFS2 Online which became Netwings.

As a mission and campaign builder he was top notch.He was an artist when it came to doing his craft.This includes fixing planes and ships.

Hiede remember the good times. God bless you for being there and standing by Al for all the years he was sick.It shows what special person you are.

TheBookie

I flew this campaign months ago and enjoyed it very much.

I know Al had other things he never uploaded,some are gsl for Darwin,Manila and Harbors and bases for the Nagumo Force.I've flown his Dutch Harbor missions, from the Japanese side, and the Aleutians from the US side.Both of which I no longer have due to a computer crash.

Maybe after everything calms down for Hiede someone could ask her about getting them to upload.

TheBookie

I found these pics on Al's computer of what he was building.Thought I'd share them with you.

Hiede

Just saw this today as I've been away.

What a sad and tragic loss. He was one of the "good guys" that had been around for a long time. He'll be missed by many.

My condolences to you Hiede, his family and friends. R.I.P. Al/Talon.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

I just saw this thread and I am very sad about the news.

It is very appreciated that you informed us about his fate - I am pretty sure, my girlfriend would`t do it because she is just not interested at all in what I am doing here.
    And I am not the only one, for sure. I do not know how many names disappeared quietly in the last years...

So again: Many thanks for informing us and my condolences to you and other family members of Al.

May he Rest in Peace, or better: Sail in heaven.
    Visit my CFS2-dedicated sites: CFS2 : Tips&Tricks + Downloads + A/C-Profiles + Links

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookie View Post
    I flew this campaign months ago and enjoyed it very much.

I know Al had other things he never uploaded,some are gsl for Darwin,Manila and Harbors and bases for the Nagumo Force.I've flown his Dutch Harbor missions, from the Japanese side, and the Aleutians from the US side.Both of which I no longer have due to a computer crash.

Maybe after everything calms down for Hiede someone could ask her about getting them to upload.

TheBookie
    I have read some of Al's posts the last week and from what I read he was going to mail this pack to certain people and not release it to the general public
    .Here's the thread
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ction-by-Talon!.

I have checked his computer and most of his CFS2 games are 2 to 3 years old and some even older,only 2 are from 2014.I'm sure if he wanted it released he would have done it himself.

Hiede

Heide that was not the impression I had from his email but we certainly do not want to disrespect Al's wishes - or yours. This was only to honor his memory.

Rami. would you please remove this campaign from the Library for Heide?
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Reply...

Heide,

It has been removed, per request. Thanks.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiede View Post
    I have read some of Al's posts the last week and from what I read he was going to mail this pack to certain people and not release it to the general public
    .Here's the thread
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ction-by-Talon!.

I have checked his computer and most of his CFS2 games are 2 to 3 years old and some even older,only 2 are from 2014.I'm sure if he wanted it released he would have done it himself.

Hiede
    I had missed this thread entirely. I have no idea why.

Well, then I was lucky enough I was able to download it as soon as Capt. Kurt posted it.

I want to keep all of Al's works, everything he did was a masterpiece. I was in good terms with him, Hiede, I hope you don't mind if I keep this last work of him, I already burned it on DVD.

In theory, DVDs should last longer than me, about a century I read, if well kept and not abused.

KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

I just found this thread and had just written to Al (Talon) on Skype as he and I were talking almost every day this winter,about many things...and then I had not heard from him and been busy....and...well.

Words are not enough to say good by with. I will feel it and send it to him that way. I am glad Heide was kind enough to share with us here. I will miss him. a lot.

He loved the CFS2 sim and really enjoyed making the accurate and detailed missions he created with great care..and they remain the gold standard in many ways. I am glad we have some of his work here.

Life is too short, it really is. But we were honored to have Talon among us while we did.

Rest well my friend, and sail towards that Horizon. Be well.
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

I am so sorry to hear this. Rest in Peace Al.

Just wondering if those picks were for CFS2 or a train sim...........

Plus I want to keep this thread alive,

Dave
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Quote Originally Posted by No Dice View Post
    Just wondering if those picks were for CFS2 or a train sim...........

Plus I want to keep this thread alive,

Dave
    They were from one of his train sims. He was building his own railroad with it. I tried one of the scenarios he made for the route and he did a lot of work on it,it took about an hour and a half to complete. What you see in those pics is just 1 town,there are many others and industries also. He also had a model railroad which he worked on for years.

Al's CFS2 work will be put on DVDs by the fall of this year,there's a lot of it that's why it will take so long. Some tutorials he wrote will also be on them not just the game installs he made ( 10 ).

Hiede

Wow, That is great that you are doing that Hiede,

I want to be first in line...............

Happy Mothers Day,

Dave

They were from one of his train sims. He was building his own railroad with it. I tried one of the scenarios he made for the route and he did a lot of work on it,it took about an hour and a half to complete. What you see in those pics is just 1 town,there are many others and industries also. He also had a model railroad which he worked on for years.

Al's CFS2 work will be put on DVDs by the fall of this year,there's a lot of it that's why it will take so long. Some tutorials he wrote will also be on them not just the game installs he made ( 10 ).

Hiede
    Thank you so much Hiede.

Hello Hiede,

Just wondering if Al, You or the band ever posted anything on U-tube or whatever media,

I for one would be interested in seeing more about him.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by No Dice View Post
    Hello Hiede,

Just wondering if Al, You or the band ever posted anything on U-tube or whatever media,

I for one would be interested in seeing more about him.

Dave
    We never did a video. A couple of songs in mp3 format were uploaded to sites about 6 years ago but the sites no longer exist. I still have 8 or 9 songs we did in the studio and are mp3's and some of songs from the Christmas show in 2013. I still haven't gone through all the CD'and DVD's Al made,I'm looking for the one he did in 2007 after his wife passed away. In my opinion it is the best music he did. He dedicated it to her and let me hear it. All his music was piano or instrumentals unless he was with the group.

As Keltiheart said Al has e-mailed some of his music to others.

Hiede

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon9

We never did a video......
    What a pity..... When we reach a 'certain' age and memories start fading, some motion pictures of our life past experiences become precious.

Considering how easy it has been shooting videos with digital technology in the last 10 years, it's sad you didn't.

KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    What a pity..... When we reach a 'certain' age and memories start fading, some motion pictures of our life past experiences become precious.

Considering how easy it has been shooting videos with digital technology in the last 10 years, it's sad you didn't.

KH
    Let me clarify.

The band broke up January 2003 and we never made a video of the band.We did recordings in NJ in 2001 and Hawaii in 2002. There is a tape of Al playing at a party in 1994 but it's not very good quality.

I do have our Family videos in Hawaii.The music CD's and DVD's are also part of the memories and legacy.

IMO most people in here are just interested in what Al did for CFS2 and I say this because only 2 asked about other aspects of his life. I can understand that because he did a lot for it.

Hiede

Hiede,was this gentleman a relative of yours?...im not sure if ive ever had any dealings with him "talon"..but im sorry to hear of his passing.some of your comments in this thread sound like he was more than just a good friend.i hope im not being offensive,but it seems im following in my uncles foot steps anymore about insensitivity...but thats my issue not yours..lol..again..im sorry about his loss...and hugs to you and anyone else who deserves them...Dave

Well that is too bad, I moved my company from NJ to Ms in 95 too be closer to my mother when my Dad became ill and passed.
    I must have just missed Ya'll.

Can the CD or CD's be purchased on-line anywhere?

Stay strong Hiede........You have and are doing a great job with all of this. You really never met any of us yet you still reply to
    this forum.........You are his Legacy.

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 4