I'm back! Looking to form modeling, skinning team

Thread: I'm back! Looking to form modeling, skinning team

Threaded View

I'm back! Looking to form modeling, skinning team

I recently re-discovered CFS3 with the help of a modern puter that will finally run CFS3 with the details maxxed out! SO crazy this sim is so old, and 10+years later I can finally realize it's full potential. SO after being away from this community for almost 7 years, I am back. And I see that CFS3 is still kicking. Unbelievable. Stupid Microsoft, abandoning CFS4. There is nothing like a fairly accurate, open programming sim to dogfight with.

I was going through Gmail that I have used as an archive to store some old projects that I wish to dust off. I have a an HK-1 "Spruce Goose", a Saunders-Roe "Princess", a B-36 "Peacemaker", and an "Enterprise" Constellation class Starship from Star Trek TOS. All of these were flyable models in CFS3 long ago.

And if there are any examples of any of these available for download please point them out as I missed them. I know I uploaded the HK1 to SOH at one point.

I am looking to form a committed and skilled team to finalize some models that < betas, but flying models. I personally have only a minimum of spare time to dedicate to finishing them, but can contribute, esp CFG and flight dynamics. However, even at my peak familiarity with Gmax, and skinning years ago, I wasn't naturally proficient as say Greg Logan aka Starspeeder.

If memory serves, the HK1 flight model cfg. was contributed by Jerry Beckwith, and the flight deck, first skin rendition, and basic animations were by Greg Logan, but I haven't opened the zip file yet(later today). All contributing parties will recieve full credit for their work, if I can sort who did what 7 years ago. Present contributions will be documented and full credit given. These will be strictly freeware.

P.S. If any of you care to learn the full potential of the P-55, I would also like to train a wingman or two for a small flight. I was able to handle 3 spits by myself regularly online(depending of course who the opposing pilots were). I had always wished for at least one well trained wingman also flying a P-55. With training, communication, and co-ordination I knew handling 5 or 6 spits was very possible for 2 pilots familiar with the unique abilities of the P55.

Feel free to allow the P-55 during online play, if ya ain't scared.

~S~

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BreechBaby2.jpg   BreechBaby4.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0