Can I move FSX:SE to a different drive?

Thread: Can I move FSX:SE to a different drive?

Can I move FSX:SE to a different drive?

my old one is jammed!

Yes you can, you will have to install Steam on to the new drive then reinstall FSX-SE.

This is the way I did it.

The following instructions are a simple way to move your Steam installation along with your games:

1. Exit the Steam client application.
    2. Browse to the Steam installation folder for the Steam installation you would like to move (C:\Program Files\Steam by default).
    3. Delete all of the files and folders except the SteamApps folder and Steam.exe
    4. Cut and paste the whole Steam folder to the new location, for example: D:\Games\Steam\
    5. Launch Steam and log into your account.

Steam will briefly update and then you will be logged into your account. For installed games, verify your game cache files and you will be ready to play. All future game content will be downloaded to the new folder (D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\ in this example)

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Members who have read this thread: 1