OT Sad news from Avsim
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT Sad news from Avsim

OT Sad news from Avsim

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Very sad to hear. I hope the time he has left is full of meaning. smiles, love, and family, and with as little pain as possible/

N.

There are no words for how I feel...
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Holy sh&t. This is such terrible news. I posted to Tom to ask what the community could do to help avsim, not just financially but with any other resources or talents. People can do amazing things when the need calls.

Oh Cripes , I guess its a hard thing to share with so many here ... l

Very sad news, indeed.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

He and Avsim are major pillars of our hobby, from way back - this is very sad news. Cudos to him for thinking of Avsim at a time like this. As Neil said, "I hope the time he has left is full of meaning. smiles, love, and family, and with as little pain as possible." Certainly be thinking of him.

Mike

wow..i dont know tom,as in ever speaking to him..but he will be missed by me and everyone...i still cant fathom someone being told they have 90 days to live,,,,scares the poop out of me...i cant ever understand how he must feel,,i just hope he makes the best of the time he has and enjoys his family..wow...i feel so sorry for his loved ones as well.....Tom?..if you read this,,thank you for everything youve done for the flight sim community and anything else you may have done in your life...go knowing you have literally thousands of friends thinking of you and praying for you...god speed..

That is so sad, my best wishs go out to him and his loved ones

Please everyone live your lives with love and happiness as you never know what will come at you next
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Icon9

Hi,

Very very sad indeed
    I hope is last days of life will be sweet with family around him
    Tom is and will stay forever a monument in the flightsim community

Very sad news....

Cees

Know that we all thank you SO MUCH for all you did for us flightsimmers. May the time you are given be full of joy and happiness.

A virtual hug,

hertzie.

Hard to find words to express my feelings about this heartbreaking news...

I would therefore also like to wholeheartedly echo Neil's words " may the time he has left be full of meaning. smiles, love, and family, and with as little pain as possible ". And what a brave man he is even keeping a humorous stance and still thinking of the future of Avsim as the most important issue of his announcement...

Tom is a monument in the flightsim community and will stay so forever, you couldn't have said it better, Navtech.

jan

Sad and difficult news to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with him, his family and friends, as well as the Community. I have been a member at AVSIM for a long time so anything I can do to help maintain and support it's presence will gladly be undertaken.

Very sad news indeed.
    My prayers are with him and his family.
    I hate to read such sad news,there were too much in the last few months.
    Mike

Very sad news indeed. My prayers are with Tom.

Russ
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

You've given us much.

You've made life richer for so many Tom, thank you, and may your life be filled and blessed with those you love.

Cal

Icon9 Reply...

It saddens me very much to hear this. Tom, you are in my prayers, and I hope you can spend the time with those you love, without pain.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Very sad to hear this.

Being in my 4th year of remission after my second chemo treatment, this is painful. Not for myself, but I cannot help myself but feel intensely for people who suffer from this horrible disease...

My most positive thoughts go out to Tom and his loved ones.

Johan

When we are born, we do not know how many lives our single life will touch because our world is so small. As we grow, our world expands and so do the lives
    that we will touch. Tom's life and work have touched millions in many different ways and continue to do so! In our prayers and thoughts....

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Very sad indeed. Tom is in my thoughts.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Very Sad to see this pop up from Tom on my fb feed, shocked total shock.

Blog Entries
    I used to be a pastor many years ago. I used to tell people that death is a natural part of life for everyone and everything...it's just hard to leave the company of those you love. I was also a hospital chaplain in a terminal children's ward. Death is never fair, it always hurts the ones you love and the one that departs the adventure life holds. Tom is legend in his own time and will remain so long after his death. What he has provide for the enjoyment of so many will never be forgotten as long as their is flight simulation. Because of some things I have experienced I believe in a hereafter so I wish Tom Godspeed on a new adventure.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

So sad to hear about this. Hope Tom will spend time with family, loved ones and friends... he certainly has ALOT of friends here at SOH and in the FS community as a whole. He has done so very much for us all, my thoughts and prayers are with him.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Members who have read this thread: 7