Aeroplane Heaven new Grumman F3F-2! - Page 2
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven new Grumman F3F-2!

The Dove is nearing completion but as it is far more complex than the Swift, for example, we cannot give a final release date yet. Same for the One-Elevens. We try to get hings out as quickly as possible but cannot promise a continuous flow of production. We ain't that big!

Our production commitments amount to 8 projects at this time, all at varying degrees of completion but all moving forward.

However the F3F-2 will be this month. I understand what you are saying but the design of the original aircraft will be adhered to. It MAY have some optional "modern" avionics but not sure yet. I think you will also find that the price will be commensurate with the "depth" of the production, hopefully excellent value.

Really excited about the Barrell.A definite buy for me.

Thanks AH.

Anthin.

I like the engine cowl. Is it me only or it does look a bit like "biplaned" P-47?

Actually, the biplane predecessor of the Grumman Wildcat. The landing gear arrangement remained although a little different.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Well after 12 years we couldn't not have an F3F in the house. It was always a matter of time and priorities.
    I will say though that a BIG thankyou needs to go to TuFun for his work on our old freeware barrel, stirling stuff and enough to kick start our production into gear.

I can only hope that it will sound as good as this:

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Why thanks Baz! It was worth it to get a P3Dv2 version!!! I seemed to have that effect since another individual came out of retirement after working on another model.
    Hi TuFun,
    Are You intentioned to continue Your paintwork on old FS2002 MDL ? I'm waiting for it.......

First Barrel out of the paintshop. Working on VC. More at the site and on Facebook

Awesome B! Reminds me of that Monogram model I built many moons ago!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

I collect old kits and have this one (2 of them) and the classic Gulfhawk racer in mint condition. I remember as a kid getting tangled up trying to make that undercarriage work properly with the prop pulled out. Trick is to use very little glue...

I collect old kits and have this one (2 of them) and the classic Gulfhawk racer in mint condition. I remember as a kid getting tangled up trying to make that undercarriage work properly with the prop pulled out. Trick is to use very little glue...
    ...or a hot knife tip...

I had the kit when I was a kid - the Gulfhawk - and I remember being fairly pleased with myself when I pulled the prop out and extended / retracted the gear the first time...
    as an aside I would LOVE to find a mint cond. kit of either the F3F or the Gulfhawk - I don't mind flaming orange plastic at all...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Now that's a cool aircraft... the classic Gulfhawk! I fly that one all the time doing aerobatics. With its tighter cowl hence the blisters to clear the rockers and shorter wings, perfect for aerobatics!

Now that's a cool aircraft... the classic Gulfhawk! I fly that one all the time doing aerobatics. With its tighter cowl hence the blisters to clear the rockers and shorter wings, perfect for aerobatics!
    You learn something new every day. Here I thought it was some sort of vortices generator typery thingy for stability... Ok not really but certainly hadn't made the connection with a smaller cowl and rocker clearance.

Update on progress. VC is almost there. A bit to do but on track.

Icon22

Update on progress. VC is almost there. A bit to do but on track.

i been wanting a grumman f3f for a long time Cant wait
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Awesome! I'm really looking forward to this.

I'id like to put a bid in for this one...my old squadron before it was even my old squadron!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

^ I have that one ready... just waiting for paintkit release!

How it looks on the old AH Barrel...

Thanks Baz and AH Team for bring forth a fantastic model!!!

Great VC Bazz! As usual

Cheers,
    Huub

^ I have that one ready... just waiting for paintkit release!

How it looks on the old AH Barrel...

Thanks Baz and AH Team for bring forth a fantastic model!!!

Outstanding!!!

That squadron became VMF-211 and, after the Battle of Wake Island, became the Wake Island Avengers.

The VC looks fantastic, Baz! Really looking forward to picking this one up when it is released.

For the rotary switch pointed to in section of screenshot I clipped below, the text above it (and function) is "Compass Light", as seen if you look closely in this photo: https://www.flickr.com/photos/yesiwo...25278/sizes/k/

The text follows the same line of placement as the bottom two lines of text associated with the first two rotary switches.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

SOH-CM-2024
    That's a paint I did for the old AH F3F-2. I am also working on a 1/72 scale plastic model of the same aircraft.

Caz

March 2015

***cough**
    enter..the Sandman

Obviously not keeping up with Facebook then...

Obviously not keeping up with Facebook then...
    BoooookFace?
    enter..the Sandman

Members who have read this thread: 5