Aeroplane Heaven new Grumman F3F-2! - Page 11
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven new Grumman F3F-2!

Need some help with the Gulfhawk paint. There is some text near the front between the two stripes that I cannot make out. Here is the best pic of that area that I can find. If anyone knows what this text says it would sure be great, thanks.

It says Wright Cyclone.

hahahaha.. I don't know how anyone could read that. Bazzar is right though.. you can make it out clearly here.. http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../2/1446265.jpg

ATB
    DaveB

Nice looking model... Is anyone using this in DX10 mode with Steve's Fixer? If so is it all ok?

Matt

Yes I am using DX10 and the Fixer and this plane looks and works great with cockpit shadows and all.

As I find trapping this little tinker virtually impossible.. I thought I'd try with TrackIR today. Thought it would be nice to dial some real weather in.. it's lovely and clear up in the Midlands..

NOT so off the south coast! The camo on Shangri-La is very effective!!

It did start to clear so I dragged a few mates along for effect..

I actually got it down with TIR
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    It says Wright Cyclone.
    Thanks, that was the final item I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    hahahaha.. I don't know how anyone could read that. Bazzar is right though.. you can make it out clearly here.. http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../2/1446265.jpg

ATB
    DaveB
    Well 14 years with this aeroplane helps when yoou need to remember things like that...

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Well 14 years with this aeroplane helps when yoou need to remember things like that...
    Yes.. of course.
    ATB
    DaveB

SOH-CM-2024
    TDR, that looks marvelous.

Anyone here seen the movie "Dive Bomber" from 1941, full color, starring Fred McMurray. I have this one so ready. I do my own graphics such as the FIGHTING SIX insignia, all are vector graphics, nothing is copied. Even the National Insignia is self made. And I purchased real Long Beach Font, which is used.

Caz

Nice work my man....

Some progress...

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    TDR, that looks marvelous.

Anyone here seen the movie "Dive Bomber" from 1941, full color, starring Fred McMurray. I have this one so ready. I do my own graphics such as the FIGHTING SIX insignia, all are vector graphics, nothing is copied. Even the National Insignia is self made. And I purchased real Long Beach Font, which is used.

Caz

Oh well you beat me to it.

I did copy some stuff my hand drawing is awful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-4-23_23-53-59-484.jpg   2015-4-23_23-57-17-56.jpg   2015-4-23_23-46-55-711.jpg  

Just a question. It's a bug or conflict with other addon?

When I load addon and Im in VC I hear loud sound like working APU ( ) or big wind, something like this. Outside of VC is ok. The silence and only birds from scenery....

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

If you travel further back in this thread, you will find this discussed and the fixes you can do until we issue a patch

Great screenshots, Yoyo. Did you use the standard bumpmaps? It looks as if the bumpmapping is a tad more pronounced compared to what I see on my system. But maybe it's just the lighting.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Not a criticism at all of this screenshot but are the textures a bit too "hot" and reflective? The blue colored band, cowl and tail seem to have almost a metal flake finish, whereas the planes IRL seem to have a much more toned down, saturated gloss enamel finish. Perhaps this is because to get the sliver paint looking right, the alpha or specular etc is also being applied to the colored areas?

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

NOT so off the south coast! The camo on Shangri-La is very effective!!
    Shangri-La?? Where did that boat come from?!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Shangri-La?? Where did that boat come from?!
    It comes with the WBS Mustang Tales pack which I bought at Christmas and never installed. I was looking around for a period carrier and knew I should have Shangri-La but couldn't find it. Reason being.. I'd not installed MT! Mustang Tales was very much a will I, won't I for a long time. How many more Mustangs do I need (having all the others!). Shangri-La and the navalized Mustang tipped the balance

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    It comes with the WBS Mustang Tales pack which I bought at Christmas and never installed. I was looking around for a period carrier and knew I should have Shangri-La but couldn't find it. Reason being.. I'd not installed MT! Mustang Tales was very much a will I, won't I for a long time. How many more Mustangs do I need (having all the others!). Shangri-La and the navalized Mustang tipped the balance

ATB
    DaveB
    If you want some true period carriers to do carrier ops from. (only for the purist out there)
    You might want to get the Coral Sea and Midway packs from SimV. Lexington comes with the CS pack,
    and Yorktown and Enterprise in Midway. With a hull and deck number change you could make Lex look
    like Saratoga. You could also pick up Langley from the same developer as above packs from SimV.
    The only pre-war USN carrier not made for Flightsim is USS Ranger.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

FSX 1936 Grumman Gulfhawk
    The Gulfhawk was an aerobatic version of the Grumman F3F fighter and was flown by Al Williams in demonstrations for the Gulf Oil Comp to promote military aviation. Many thanks to the team at Aeroplane Heaven for their help in this project. These textures are for the Aeroplane Heaven Grumman F3F-2 only. Get it here at SOH http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4&linkid=19602

Great repaint! Downloading now.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thanks for this paint, Paul. Always loved it.

BTW, How is my R/C Staggerwing doing? Heard you got it flying again.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Hi Don, had it up once and it flew great, almost to pretty to fly though so I just sit and look at it now.

SOH-CM-2024
    Got that one like stink on... well, I downloaded it immediately TDR.

I'm working on this one. What texture is for the prop hub? I know it must be in the texture folder. Need to work on some Alpha and Spec textures for this too. I did learn how to open the Shift-1 panel, but I have yet to learn how to release the bombs to fly it clean.

Caz

Members who have read this thread: 5