Problem with imported default FS2K jets for Quick Combat AI?

Thread: Problem with imported default FS2K jets for Quick Combat AI?

Icon5 Problem with imported default FS2K jets for Quick Combat AI?

Hiya Folks, first post here in the forum

I recently purchased Combat Flight Simulator 2, and decided to import all of the default aircraft from my Flight Simulator 2000 CD.

After successfully importing the 11 default aircraft that ships with FS2K, I decided I would also add them to my "QC_Plane.qcb" file (using the utility "JoneSoft CFS Quick Combat Editor") so that the enemies could use them in Quick Combat as well.

A problem that I noticed, ALL of the enemies that are configured to use the FS2K jet engine aircraft ALWAYS start on the ground (B737_400/B777_300/Concorde/Lear45). Right when I start a quick Combat game, they are all hovering near the ground with their landing gear up, and SLOWLY crawling along the ground.

While this looks quite hilarious, it really defeats the purpose of using them in Quick Combat LOL!

All of the other default FS2K aircraft seem to work properly for the AI in a Quick Combat game (Beech_King_Air_350/Bell206b/C182/Extra300/Mooney_Bravo/Schweizr/Sopwith_Camel), and even the jets are actually player-flyable BY MYSELF with no problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help

If you have FS2002, borrow the *.air files from the corresponding models, but don't port any data from the FS2002 aircraft.cfg files. This might help.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Thanks for the heads-up Unfortunately, I don't have FS2K2

Quote Originally Posted by RichNagel View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up Unfortunately, I don't have FS2K2
    I have FS2k2. Let me know what you need and I'll get them out to you.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    I have FS2k2. Let me know what you need and I'll get them out to you.
    Thanks a bunch, Blood_Hawk23!

The files would be:

Beech_King_Air_350.air
    Bell_206b_Jetranger.air
    Boeing737-400.air
    Boeing777-300.air
    Concorde.air
    Lear45.air

If you would be so kind to ZIP then up and email them to me at richnagel@centurylink.net , I'd really appreciate it And again, MANY THANKS
    Last edited by RichNagel; March 13th, 2015 at 03:00.

P.S. It appears that the Beech_King_Air_350 (Beech_King_Air_350.air) ALSO suffers from this problem... maybe because it's a turboprop (?).

P.S. It appears that the Beech_King_Air_350 (Beech_King_Air_350.air) ALSO suffers from this problem... maybe because it's a turboprop (?).

The only one I can't get is the Concorde. Its not in FS2002 Pro. I'd look at SimV and see if its there.

We could have other issues going on. So even after you do this be ready for the same issue. Lets hope not. If we do then I'll take a look and see what I can see.

I'll get them all packed up and sent out by tonite.

Till Later,
    John
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

Would you like any of the other FS2002 ACs.

Its sent. Let me know how it goes.

what are you using for a DP file? I'm wondering if something could be off with them.

I received the ZIP with the .AIR files Many thanks, Blood_Hawk23!

Unfortunately they didn't help... those AI aircraft still start the Quick Combat session at ground level, barely crawling along.

It's really a strange thing, I could understand the AI from WWII not knowing how to pilot a large jet aircraft LOL (which, of course would result in a crash). But, the strange thing is that they ALWAYS start at ground level (unlike the other aircraft that start at a few thousand feet in the air).

what are you using for a DP file? I'm wondering if something could be off with them.
    None of the FS2000 aircraft include a DP file. But, the prop aircraft (as well as the sailplane) works just fine for the AI (they start the match at several thousand feet in the air).

I received the ZIP with the .AIR files Many thanks, Blood_Hawk23!

Unfortunately they didn't help... those AI aircraft still start the Quick Combat session at ground level, barely crawling along.

It's really a strange thing, I could understand the AI from WWII not knowing how to pilot a large jet aircraft LOL (which, of course would result in a crash). But, the strange thing is that they ALWAYS start at ground level (unlike the other aircraft that start at a few thousand feet in the air).

None of the FS2000 aircraft include a DP file. But, the prop aircraft (as well as the sailplane) works just fine for the AI (they start the match at several thousand feet in the air).
    That our problem then. We need to make DP files for them. For now try the C47's or B24's DP and see what they do. Just rename it to the AC you put it in.

SOH-CM-2017
    Blog Entries
    Refresh my memory. Is there a reason that CFS2 jet airfiles can't be used with converted jets?

Quote Originally Posted by oldwheat View Post
    Refresh my memory. Is there a reason that CFS2 jet airfiles can't be used with converted jets?
    I may have to change the engines to the FS98 type.

That our problem then. We need to make DP files for them. For now try the C47's or B24's DP and see what they do. Just rename it to the AC you put it in.
    I just gave that a whirl, but unfortunately had the same results.

BTW, the FS2K prop aircraft don't have any DP files either, but they seem to work OK for the AI. Is there some reason that those aircraft don't seem to require the DP files?

I may have to change the engines to the FS98 type.
    Is there a specific byte/hex offset that you could point me to in the AIR files to do that? I'm pretty handy with my trusty old DOS hex editor

Again, a million thanks for all of your help and time

I just gave that a whirl, but unfortunately had the same results.

BTW, the FS2K prop aircraft don't have any DP files either, but they seem to work OK for the AI. Is there some reason that those aircraft don't seem to require the DP files?

Is there a specific byte/hex offset that you could point me to in the AIR files to do that? I'm pretty handy with my trusty old DOS hex editor

Again, a million thanks for all of your help and time
    The prop planes will use the default DP. its basically the zero's.

As far as the airfile goes, I use Aired. I've found that the dos air edit program tends to corrupt the airfile. at least when you try to open it again with aired.

With aired it starts at entry 600 to 606. then you will have to remove the fs2k engine entries. from there we can get things moving.

Forgive me for poking in here...........

.......but why not try some of the old Alphasim jet fighters that were made for CFS2 and their AIR and DP files. Like Oldwheat is suggesting.

With aired it starts at entry 600 to 606. then you will have to remove the fs2k engine entries. from there we can get things moving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    .......but why not try some of the old Alphasim jet fighters that were made for CFS2 and their AIR and DP files. Like Oldwheat is suggesting.
    I had a look at all of the FS2K jet aircraft in AirEd, but none of them have any of the 600 record entries.

I then downloaded one of the Alphasim jet fighters from http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware (the "ALPHA_MiG-17_'Fresco'_CFS2.zip" -> http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/ALP...co%27_CFS2.zip ), and had a look at that one in AirEd. That .AIR file definitely included the 600 record entry, along with some other data (see attached pic),

I then imported the 600 record entry into the FS2K Boeing737-400.air file, and sure enough the AI was able to fly it just fine.

Now, the question is, what to set all of the record 600 data to (without affecting how the model actually flies by a human, or the AI as well)?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ALPHA_MiG-17_Fresco_AirEd_Record_600.png  

P.S. Something that (I think) that I completely forgot to mention:

If you select the FS2K jet aircraft for yourself, and a few friendlies, your AI wingmen seem to be able to handle the aircraft just fine... and they will start the Quick Combat match airborne at the same altitude in formation with you.

P.S. Something that (I think) that I completely forgot to mention:

If you select the FS2K jet aircraft for yourself, and a few friendlies, your AI wingmen seem to be able to handle the aircraft just fine... and they will start the Quick Combat match airborne at the same altitude in formation with you.
    On my next week off I'll start looking into redoing the airfiles and a dp for each.

On my next week off I'll start looking into redoing the airfiles and a dp for each.
    Many thanks!

So I'm looking into the airfiles. Do you want the turboprops to use jet or piston engine data. I have some airfiles from FS98 and FS2000 that I'm going to use for the data. Just let me know which way you want them.

So I'm looking into the airfiles. Do you want the turboprops to use jet or piston engine data. I have some airfiles from FS98 and FS2000 that I'm going to use for the data. Just let me know which way you want them.
    I'm thinking prop engines. BTW for the Bell, a jet engine I suppose, Again, many thanks!

My small messing with Jets and CFS2 has left me thing they are a dud over all. Warp fuel bug. AI slowly lossing ALT and crashing after being told to attack targets.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    My small messing with Jets and CFS2 has left me thing they are a dud over all. Warp fuel bug. AI slowly lossing ALT and crashing after being told to attack targets.
    The warp bug comes from the fs2k jet engine. you don't get it with the fs98 jet engine. the handling issues i think comes from the flight dynamics. they have to be changed for ai use. Talon was working on that. I believe he had them attacking ground targets and everything.

Members who have read this thread: 1