GVP files - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GVP files

Blog Entries
    I love it when there are new ideas like this
    Have just discovered this very handy tool too, haven't tried it offline but it looks like you can save the recordings so should be very useful for creating custom radio messages! :0)

Voice creation software, it speaks what you type into it, some lovely WAAF type voices in there too.

http://www.naturalreaders.com/

ps. has a few different languages too.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Hmm! Might have to do some bomber nachtjagd stuff!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Blog Entries
    Another finding...the systems file portion of the aircraft xdp also references effects files. So as a test I put some new voice effects into it thus:

<Systems>
    <System ID="nose_structure" Name="nose structure">
    <Threshold Level="100" Effect="Library" Parameter="fx_b_bandits10" Location="emitter_damage_nose"/>
    <Threshold Level="100" Effect="Library" Parameter="fx_engfire_m" Location="emitter_damage_nose"/>
    <Threshold Level="100" Effect="Library" Parameter="fx_engfire_s" Location="emitter_damage_nose_piece"/>
    <Threshold Level="100" Effect="Library" Parameter="fx_flmdebris_s" Location="emitter_damage_nose_piece"/>
    <Threshold Level="100" Effect="Break" Parameter="" Location=""/>
    </System>
    <System ID="coolant_reservoir" Name="coolant reservoir">
    <Threshold Level="20" Effect="Library" Parameter="fx_fuelleak_s" Location="emitter_coolant"/>
    <Threshold Level="100" Effect="Library" Parameter="fx_fuelleak_m" Location="emitter_coolant"/>
    </System>
    <System ID="oil_reservoir" Name="oil reservoir">
    <Threshold Level="20" Effect="Library" Parameter="fx_oilleak" Location="emitter_oil"/>
    <Threshold Level="100" Effect="Library" Parameter="fx_oilleak" Location="emitter_oil"/>
    </System>
    <System ID="engine_one" Name="engine">
    <Threshold Level="25" Effect="Library" Parameter="fx_b_bandits10" Location="emitter_damage_engine_right"/>
    <Threshold Level="50" Effect="Library" Parameter="fx_fuelleak_s" Location="emitter_damage_engine_right"/>
    <Threshold Level="60" Effect="Library" Parameter="fx_oilleak" Location="emitter_damage_engine_right"/>
    <Threshold Level="80" Effect="Library" Parameter="fx_engfire_s" Location="emitter_damage_engine_right"/>
    <Threshold Level="85" Effect="Library" Parameter="fx_engfire_m" Location="emitter_damage_engine_right"/>
    <Threshold Level="90" Effect="Library" Parameter="fx_engfire_l" Location="emitter_damage_engine_right"/>
    <Threshold Level="100" Effect="Library" Parameter="fx_airexpl_m" Location="emitter_damage_engine_right"/>
    <Threshold Level="100" Effect="Library" Parameter="fx_engfire_l" Location="emitter_damage_engine_right"/>

What this means is when that part gets hit you hear a voice. What's the point in that I hear you ask??
    Well thinking of James' bombers you could have a crew member telling you what part of your aircraft is hit, eg "Skipper, port engine's on fire"

More possibilities!

Like it. Could voice files be instigated buy say passing over a spawn like a radio beacon or a spawn to indicate a wp has been reached??

In theory, yes. I have made guns that "fire" a voice effect at aircraft passing by, for effects that should only occur once. It is also possible to attach a sound effect that plays continuously to a building or vehicle so you hear it every time you come within range.

So the one off "gun" effect could be good for NJ fighters getting messages as to where they should go. I assume each would have to be mission specific

They would have to be mission specific, and the gun technique doesn't always work perfectly. I'd like to find a better solution, but I've not spent much time with it lately.

Blog Entries
    They would have to be mission specific,
    This also applies to any effects linked through the aircrafts xdp file. The non player aircraft need to be edited to be ai or other types without the effects added else you hear the voices from the other aircraft.

Clive, whenyou get back to the real world from your hols, could you send me the 'gun" idea if you did it. Thanks James

Back to this! Apologies to Clive and Dan. Need to work on this while Ton, Rob, John,Dan and others are working on new BoB ac or upgrading old ones!

@ Clive post #26, Did you get the free version only? Of course no radio hiss in the background

@ Clive post #28 I forgot about that, Do any BoB aircraft have similar entries? Re post #33 are you saying the effects in the player ac but not in any other ac?

@ Clive re email "They only show up in the mission builder IIRC as the effect only works when they are set as your wingmen in the MB against chatter ai." Looking at your BoB Sept 15th missions, there are mainly ai chatter ac. I was just adding one to each group of enemy or friendly aircraft but could also to player group. So I am not sure what you mean here?

@ Clive and Dan. Any chance of seeing your sound gun and high smoke gun to play with?

Blog Entries
    @ Clive post #26, Did you get the free version only? Of course no radio hiss in the background

@ Clive post #28 I forgot about that, Do any BoB aircraft have similar entries? Re post #33 are you saying the effects in the player ac but not in any other ac?

@ Clive re email "They only show up in the mission builder IIRC as the effect only works when they are set as your wingmen in the MB against chatter ai." Looking at your BoB Sept 15th missions, there are mainly ai chatter ac. I was just adding one to each group of enemy or friendly aircraft but could also to player group. So I am not sure what you mean here?

@ Clive and Dan. Any chance of seeing your sound gun and high smoke gun to play with?

p26 - it would have been the free version.

p28 - p33 No BoB a/c have this, it was a test. Only the player a/c should have it or else you would here the crew in other bombers.

email - In missions have chatter ai as your wingmen (this means hand editing the player flight). It doesn't matter about enemy a/c and the more chatter ai you use the more chat you will hear.

The smoke and chatter gun effects are in the BoB install and update that I sent. Ref smoke, b_takeoff and b_landing in the facilities folder

Thanks Clive. I found those facility xmls and vehicles

It would seem none of these has been used in any mission so far?

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    Hi lads... Windows has or used to have a basic 'sound recorder' with which one can change .wav files to 4bit .wav which CFS3 seems to prefer...
    and they're a lot smaller as well

Members who have read this thread: 0