Nemeth Designs CH-53E
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nemeth Designs CH-53E

Nemeth Designs CH-53E

So, after being inspired by Yoyos great screenshots, I purchased this bird. I have for a long time enjoyed the virtavia CH-53A and the MH-53J Pavelow. The CH-53E though looked great. What I found was that despite it being an old design with a few patches, the latest download from ND was not patched to current state. I still had to install 3 patches to make it fly. I also found a couple of errors in the panel cfg that needed fixing to make all the windows pop up correctly.

So now, I think I have her flyable. I love the heavy helos. Anyway, now where can I find some really good repaints?

E

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    So, after being inspired by Yoyos great screenshots, I purchased this bird. I have for a long time enjoyed the virtavia CH-53A and the MH-53J Pavelow. The CH-53E though looked great. What I found was that despite it being an old design with a few patches, the latest download from ND was not patched to current state. I still had to install 3 patches to make it fly. I also found a couple of errors in the panel cfg that needed fixing to make all the windows pop up correctly.

So now, I think I have her flyable. I love the heavy helos. Anyway, now where can I find some really good repaints?

E
    And CAN it be started by a default turn of the key? I wish I,d buy it then. Or is there way to exit flight with turbines still spinning for next flight?
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    And CAN it be started by a default turn of the key? I wish I,d buy it then. Or is there way to exit flight with turbines still spinning for next flight?
    The default download I purchased did not have an autostart button, however after I installed the 3 patches, one magically appeared as mentioned on the ND web forums. It does work, though I found you still need to turn on the APU and one or two other little things, but it does work. I've literally only been fooling around with this particular aircraft for a day or so, I am no expert.

Forget about this "magic button" - for me it dosent work too. What is strange, if the engines are running and You push it - You will receive shut down.
    I have the same version - old exe file + this 3 patches. Startup is ok, just it needs some of practice. If You want I can do small tutorial.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Forget about this "magic button" - for me it dosent work too. What is strange, if the engines are running and You push it - You will receive shut down.
    I have the same version - old exe file + this 3 patches. Startup is ok, just it needs some of practice. If You want I can do small tutorial.
    Although i've still not splashed out for this, i expect i shall, so yes, a little tutorial would be splendid. Hopefully, ready just in time for my purchase.

Presumably, buying it now wouldn't involve 3 patches? I would hope there's an updated exe file to download, though i know it isn't always the case.
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970

IF you buy it from Nemeth.. it should be patched already. From other vendors.. who knows.

There are quick-start tutorials on YouTube for the CH-53E though YoYo's will probably be better If you have problems with it, you're just as well asking your questions here as the Nemeth forums have been floundering.. ghost like since Christmas. Note also that if you find something broken.. it will almost certainly remain that way. The 53E is an old model and Nemeth have 'moved on'.. bless them!

ATB
    DaveB

I hope it helps.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Nice vid (as usual) YoYo

I've gotta say though, even allowing for the double starts on 3 and 1.. it's not a very quick 'quick start'.

ATB
    DaveB

Thanks Yoyo.

Heres what I found with this bird (purchased new in the past few days.)

1. You need to patch it. There are 3 patches and despite the fact that the helo dates back to 2011, it still needs to be patched.

2. Once patched, you do get an autostart button on panel 3, but you still need to tweak a couple buttons to fire it up. (much easier though). Standard start procedure takes 36 mouse clicks. I prefer to be up and flying sooner than that unless Im in a 747 practicing systems training.

3. Start up issues appear to be common with ND aircraft based on their support forums.

4. Once patched, the navcom computer is not present in the panel config. You need to go to panel.1 folder (a panel version that has the default GPS in place of the MFD), and copy window 5 to the panel cfg for the standard panel folder. No big, but its a quality control issue to me.

5. Once flying, there are a very limited number of views available hitting [S]. Sub views hitting [A] renders few more if any. The virtavia CH-53A has more and better views.

6. The model radius needs correction because the default outside view radius is 39 meters. I used raditor to correct it to 20 meters. There are multiple models, so you need to do them all.

7. It comes with both crewed and uncrewed versions (in case you dont like the virtual guy in the left seat.) Thats good. However, going back to views, I'd like to be able to switch chairs. Cant do it with the limited current views.

8. Its a very nice model. If you are into heavy helos like I am, then this is a nice one. However, the effort to getting going has been a journey of discovery I find irritating with payware.

9. given the age of this aircraft, I am a bit surprised I didnt find more and better quality repaints. Especially since this product comes with a pretty nice paint kit.

Thanks for posting your findings on the 'E' Eric

Like you, I also have the Virtavia 53-A and I fly the darned thing so rarely that buying the 'E' was never going to happen. That said.. I've had the Virtavia Chinook for ages and have been very happy with it.. never had any intention of buying the Milviz/Nemeth CH47. Pulled it from one of the recent Milviz sales and now, it's the only one I use!!

Quality control has always been an issue at Nemeth. Can you imagine anything getting through to release with the nav lights the wrong way round?? This happened with the Super Puma and to this day, it may not have been fixed. I fixed it myself using Notepad++. Their latest model.. the BK117 has a page full of issues as you'll have seen.. many being reported from as long ago as December when it was released. Nothing has been done about any of these yet. Some peasants are starting to revolt over there!!

I must be a glutton for punishment though.. I have them all except the 53E. Think I'll save my pennies for the MV 530 instead.. even though I'm not a huge fan of the 530.

EDIT: BTW.. I mention the MV/ND CH47. The formation lights switch doesn't work on that.. they're always on unless you turn all the outside lights off. This is another 'known' issue not fixed!!
    ATB
    DaveB

Btw.

If You want to have default GPS, not this G1000 as 2D panel change this in panel cfg and in panel 1 too:

[Window04]
    size_mm=456,378
    window_size=0.5
    position=8
    BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
    VISIBLE=0
    ident=GPS_PANEL
    zorder=4

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0

//file_1024=2dpanel_gps.bmp
    //size_mm=1024
    //windowsize_ratio=0.700
    //position=0
    //visible=0
    //no_luminous=1
    //ident=GPS_PANEL

//gauge00=G1000!g1000_pfd, 0, 0, 610, 384

Camo skin:

Yoyo, that Marine camo looks great. Where did you get that? I also like the 3rd party German HEER green scheme, though wish it had less "chipped paint" which is a bit over done IMHO.

This skin is interesting too:

Something that bugged me about this -53 and the Virtavia -53s, is the ramp. It is only in the loading position instead of allowing for a mid way posit. The Pavelow flew with it horizontal for the gunner and the Marines have adopted that as well for their tail gunners. Even the Army in their Chinooks fly that way, but designers seem to miss that.

Jeff
    I pass gas!

Where do you find the patches? Just purchased this add on.
    Thanks.
    I did not find them on Nemeth website

Quote Originally Posted by whiteside View Post
    Thanks.
    They ARE on the site. I haven't pulled the trigger yet on this, as I'm still not convinced I'm up to the start procedure. I have seen the patches there though

Yup.. they're on the DOWNLOADS page.

ATB
    DaveB

Thanks.

Links are here: http://www.nemethdesigns.com/downloa...und-patch.html .

Do I need to patch it if I just purchased from FS Pilot shop?

Patched thanks!
    Where is the button to quickstart?

Do I need to patch it if I just purchased from FS Pilot shop?
    I think Yes, only in Nemeth store is current version. Quck Start is on 2D panel but for me is buggy. Check start up video.

Patched thanks!
    Where is the button to quickstart?
    Me thinks you haven't been reading the thread? Don't think there is one.

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    Me thinks you haven't been reading the thread? Don't think there is one.

If you have done the 3 patches, there is a big yellow and red striped box on the upper left of panel 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Yoyo, that Marine camo looks great. Where did you get that?
    @ejoiner. This 3 skins (camo, desert, grey) I found in Hovecontrol in the deep search ; ) (author Garett Schmidt). Not many skins for Stallion, agree - pity.

Just I changes datas in aircraft.cfg (it looks like it was created before this 3 patches + new sound pack for CH53E and some problems in VC).

This is my modifications (works ok now):

[fltsim.6]
    title=Super Stallion Camo HMLA-467
    sim=ch-53e
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=46722
    kb_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    atc_id=
    ui_manufacturer="Sikorsky"
    ui_type="CH-53E"
    ui_variation="HMLA-467 22"
    ui_typerole="Rotorcraft"
    ui_createdby="Nemeth Designs"
    description="Repaint of the CH-53E in brown, black, grey camo based on real world unit. Textures by Garett Schmidt.

[fltsim.7]
    title=Super Stallion Grey HMH466
    sim=ch-53e
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=46665
    kb_checklists=MH-53_Checklist
    kb_reference=
    atc_id=
    ui_type="CH-53E"
    ui_variation="HMH466-65"
    ui_typerole="Rotorcraft"
    description="Repaint of the CH-53E, based on the camo "Naked Lady" #65 from the Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron 466 in San Diego, CA. Textures by Garett Schmidt.

[fltsim.8]
    title=Super Stallion Grey HMH465
    sim=ch-53e
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=46531
    kb_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    atc_id=
    ui_type="CH-53E"
    ui_variation="HMH465-31"
    ui_typerole="Rotorcraft"
    description="Repaint of the CH-53E, based on "Warhorse" Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron 465 in San Diego, CA. Textures by Garett Schmidt.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

@ejoiner. This 3 skins (camo, desert, grey) I found in Hovecontrol in the deep search ; ) (author Garett Schmidt). Not many skins for Stallion, agree - pity.

Just I changes datas in aircraft.cfg (it looks like it was created before this 3 patches + new sound pack for CH53E and some problems in VC).

This is my modifications (works ok now):

[fltsim.6]
    title=Super Stallion Camo HMLA-467
    sim=ch-53e
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=46722
    kb_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    atc_id=
    ui_type="CH-53E"
    ui_variation="HMLA-467 22"
    ui_typerole="Rotorcraft"
    description="Repaint of the CH-53E in brown, black, grey camo based on real world unit. Textures by Garett Schmidt.

[fltsim.7]
    title=Super Stallion Grey HMH466
    sim=ch-53e
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=46665
    kb_checklists=MH-53_Checklist
    kb_reference=
    atc_id=
    ui_type="CH-53E"
    ui_variation="HMH466-65"
    ui_typerole="Rotorcraft"
    description="Repaint of the CH-53E, based on the camo "Naked Lady" #65 from the Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron 466 in San Diego, CA. Textures by Garett Schmidt.

[fltsim.8]
    title=Super Stallion Grey HMH465
    sim=ch-53e
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=46531
    kb_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    atc_id=
    ui_type="CH-53E"
    ui_variation="HMH465-31"
    ui_typerole="Rotorcraft"
    description="Repaint of the CH-53E, based on "Warhorse" Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron 465 in San Diego, CA. Textures by Garett Schmidt.
    My only complaint about those skins is the author overdid the chipped paint effect. If he increases transparency by 50% on that layer, it looks great. Right now its too much over done in my personal opinion. Otherwise very good!

Members who have read this thread: 5