Justflight purchases of MV products.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Justflight purchases of MV products.

Justflight purchases of MV products.

Hi,

We are sad to say that we're no longer going to be supporting any items from Justflight.

There are two main reasons:

1) there are many of these items, boxed and otherwise, being sold as secondhand items and we're having to support multiple clients on one sale.

2) Justflight, on at least one item, broke the installer such that it never worked "out of the box".

So, it is with sadness that we cannot provide support for these items any longer.

Thank you.

Kat

In before the thermo-nuclear war erupts and the thread's eventual locking...

No problem. If anyone is having any issues with these products then please come direct to us as we will happily continue supporting you.

No need for thread locking I hope. Keep up the good work over at Milvis, chaps.

We'll be watching but as long as it stays civil it'll stay open.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Folks at MilViz are among the best in all respects. Sorry someone took advantage of your trust.
    Best Wishes
    Neal H

if they still have support...No problem.

But Kat, you should know that your reason 1 oppose the EU Directive 2009/24/EC.

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

We are sad to say that we're no longer going to be supporting any items from Justflight.

There are two main reasons:

1) there are many of these items, boxed and otherwise, being sold as secondhand items and we're having to support multiple clients on one sale.

2) Justflight, on at least one item, broke the installer such that it never worked "out of the box".

So, it is with sadness that we cannot provide support for these items any longer.

Thank you.

Kat
    Kat,

surely a matter for behind closed doors? Sure, state the intent, but the reasons need not be aired in public?

Point 1: Not JF fault, you must have agreed to boxed product sales before they happened. Not surewhat 'otherwise' entails, the mind boggles.

Point 2: Definitely a case of technical support behind closed doors that should not involve public outing. A modicum of dignity is always appreciated, especially from those that seek respect from their peers.

kind regards,
    Jamie.

If i had a box for every add on i bought for FSX.....
    Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me

Pantera

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    Kat,

surely a matter for behind closed doors? Sure, state the intent, but the reasons need not be aired in public?

Point 1: Not JF fault, you must have agreed to boxed product sales before they happened. Not surewhat 'otherwise' entails, the mind boggles.

Point 2: Definitely a case of technical support behind closed doors that should not involve public outing. A modicum of dignity is always appreciated, especially from those that seek respect from their peers.

kind regards,
    Jamie.
    Jamie, I disagree with the sentiment of taking the issue be a behind closed doors conversation. Milviz is being open and honest about their reasons behind not supporting, for their current and future clients. The fact that Milviz has been openly honest about much of their internal affairs over the years and how they wish to resolve them, makes them head and shoulders above many other developers that are less honest or sincere about their consumers interest, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RAS_JF View Post
    No problem. If anyone is having any issues with these products then please come direct to us as we will happily continue supporting you.

And finally, it's the fact that these two powerhouse teams can openly agree about the grievance makes them both very honorable and will keep my investment futures in their products very secure indeed. Kudos to both Ras of Just Flight and Katoun of Milviz for working this amicably and openly.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Hi,

We feel that there is no animosity between JF and us at this time.

Just as an FYI, we are not in the EU and are therefore not bound by their laws. Same for the States.

Thank you.

Kat.

Hi,

Just as an FYI, we are not in the EU and are therefore not bound by their laws. Same for the States.

Thank you.

Kat.
    Sometimes it's good to be neither in the EU nor the States ...

Hi,

Yes, being in Canada has it's good points. One of them is the healthcare system.

Of course, there are some very bad things. Like the weather. Very VERY bad.

Kat.

Hi,

Yes, being in Canada has it's good points. One of them is the healthcare system.

Of course, there are some very bad things. Like the weather. Very VERY bad.

Kat.
    Madly derailing this thread but...
    I was in Canada in 2009 ....did the Red Leaf trip....only complaint was the lack of wildlife....[I think those bears are closely related to leprechauns]...

I'm from Oz....born and [in]bred [from Tassie] ...

Quote Originally Posted by RAS_JF View Post

And I've found JF support to be absolutely top-notch! And friendly at that!

Johan

And I've found JF support to be absolutely top-notch! And friendly at that!
    Me too. When the Chipmunk was first released and had problems JF immediately offered me a refund, even though it was installed and I could have simply accepted but kept it, at least until a new install was needed.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Hi,

Thank you.

Kat.

OMG. FYI where you from is not the fact. If you make business with EU and/or US companies, you are bound to some laws. In this case JF is a British company. If you sell to US and EU customers, maybe you should respect some laws too.
    You shouldn't play with fire. Respect the laws and everything will be fine
    with this deal with JF you had luck, but in the future nobody knows and we want to enjoy our hobby with new developments from Milviz all our life.

P.S. contact with your lawyers for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by ce_zeta View Post

OMG. FYI where you from is not the fact. If you make business with EU and/or US companies, you are bound to some laws. In this case JF is a British company. If you sell to US and EU customers, maybe you should respect some laws too.
    You shouldn't play with fire. Respect the laws and everything will be fine
    with this deal with JF you had luck, but in the future nobody knows and we want to enjoy our hobby with new developments from Milviz all our life.

P.S. contact with your lawyers for more info.
    Oh dear.... Silly post!

My thoughts are ONLY that I wish developers OR vendors, when posting such as the OP and followup by what 'APPEARS' to be JustFlight'????, would let others know WHO you are;-) Not everyone knows (or cares) which indidvidual works for which company. Surely a commercial member should be marked as such?

Does that make sense. I sort of know what i mean;-)
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    Oh dear.... Silly post!

My thoughts are ONLY that I wish developers OR vendors, when posting such as the OP and followup by what 'APPEARS' to be JustFlight'????, would let others know WHO you are;-) Not everyone knows (or cares) which indidvidual works for which company. Surely a commercial member should be marked as such?

Does that make sense. I sort of know what i mean;-)
    Ignorance is dangerous Bro! You should think more about the topic. It's not a silly question when an unfavorable court decision can have a deep impact in financial results of any developer. I mean, it's better prevention than cure.

As a FAN, I want a strong community of developers.
    As a CUSTOMER I want that all developers respect my rights.

Ignorance is dangerous Bro! You should think more about the topic. It's not a silly question when an unfavorable court decision can have a deep impact in financial results of any developer. I mean, it's better prevention than cure.

As a FAN, I want a strong community of developers.
    As a CUSTOMER I want that all developers respect my rights.
    I really DON'T want to derail this thread, as its done extremely well, BUT.... Having tried to be a vendor through internet sales, I can confirm with assurity, that if EVERY developer and vendor had to conform to EVERY countries laws that they sell to, then they could NEVER be in a posision to sell ANYTHING TO ANYONE.

Just ask Francoise. He has some recent first hand experience of this.
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970

HI,

We do not, as a Canadian company, have to comply with any other countries methods, taxes, laws or what have you.

All of the vendors that we go through MUST comply with their own countries methods, taxes, laws or what have you.

We provide support for ALL of our products as long as you are the original purchaser(s).

Thank you.

Kat.

I really DON'T want to derail this thread, as its done extremely well, BUT.... Having tried to be a vendor through internet sales, I can confirm with assurity, that if EVERY developer and vendor had to conform to EVERY countries laws that they sell to, then they could NEVER be in a posision to sell ANYTHING TO ANYONE.

Well the law and taxes are there for everyone.

Well.... at the moment when you show a disrespectful behaviour you derailed this thread.

For this reason, I said "Contact with your lawyer". We can start a fight in this thread but will be sterile, for this reason I wrote, Contact with your lawyer for more info.

Well.... at the moment when you show a disrespectful behaviour you derailed this thread.

For this reason, I said "Contact with your lawyer". We can start a fight in this thread but will be sterile, for this reason I wrote, Contact with your lawyer for more info.
    I've no idea what's going on here so I'm out of here. Don't think i've been disrespectful but anyone else thinks i have then please tell me and I'll promptly apologise. ta ta!

It was always going to get untidy and I see it has. Kinda ironic that the 2 parties concerned are completely amicable about the issue. Not so the lower deck lawyers

ATB
    DaveB

@ce_ceta:

Oh come on. Sorry but:

Kat made an official statement. That was all and should be appreciated.

There's no need to involve lawyers and legal stuff about it. If you want to make a suggestion to MILVIZ, this is very private and in my opinion you should write them an E-Mail. If you air that in the public you can expect opposition.

Cheers,
    Mark

PS: normally I don't engage in that kind of mud slinging, but I couldn't resist.
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Members who have read this thread: 1