The greatest bomber?

Thread: The greatest bomber?

The greatest bomber?

.. I sure think so!

Here a just a few shots I wanted to share that I took for my portfolio pages. Apart from the HDR style effects, they aren't edited.

ATB
    Dan.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-1-25_2-28-20-880.jpg   2015-1-25_2-25-23-648.jpg   2015-1-25_2-26-57-465.jpg   2015-1-25_2-31-34-45.jpg   2015-1-25_2-34-16-141.jpg   2015-1-25_2-36-26-100.jpg  

Forever lurking.

Then I hope you caught last summer's UK tour by VR-A and the BBMF Lanc. I was lucky enough to see them and it brought home what a job the crews did night after night. Respect.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Still a great model, Dan !

In such way that i have used it for my first ever FS video ( and probabely last too for the time being. Great fun but no time. Just wondered what it takes to produce one )

I suppose no update in the can then, Dan ? F.i., as we have a nice view on the spinning props from the VC it's a great subject for the 3D side view spinning props trick ! (invented by A2A and relatively easy to apply)

Cheers,
    Jan

Thanks for the comments guys!

Jan- unfortunately updates and all that aren't my call, else I'd happily update it with 3D lights and the prop. I managed to sneak the 3D prop onto the update for the Discover GB Auster J/1, though.

ATB
    Dan.
    Forever lurking.

Sorry to hear that, Dan. I, for one, have my cc ready for a FSC Lanc 'Take 2'... Your model is such a great base to build upon systems wise. The sound suite is awesome and she flies wonderfully too.

Can we expect anything new from you in the near future, Dan ? Sure hope so !

Cheers,
    Jan

Hi Jan,

Ah, most definitely so ;-) I'm lurking with good intent and reason!

I can't quite yet speak of the murky, fishy things in build- though rest assured that I'll make sure SOH is the first place that gets to see them.

ATB
    Dan.
    Forever lurking.

Anything British with a prop (or two.. ) will be fine with me !

Central reservation of the M62 in God's Own County.
    Quote Originally Posted by d0mokun View Post
    Hi Jan,

Ah, most definitely so ;-) I'm lurking with good intent and reason!

I can't quite yet speak of the murky, fishy things in build- though rest assured that I'll make sure SOH is the first place that gets to see them.

ATB
    Dan.
    I wonder if ..........? Could it be a.....hmm. Is it, after all this time an AI Lan...........hmmm? Nah! Doc says 'olding mi breff is bad for mi 'ealf.
    MickeyD

That's a stunning Lanc. Where is it available?
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Embarrassingly, I can't state stores off the top of my head. It's the First Class Simulations (FCS) Lanc. I know it exists in boxed form, and most likely via their website in download format too.

JF also have it -> http://www.justflight.com/product/lancaster-first-class-simulations

ATB
    Dan

A very nice model though I found the paint kit a bit of a handful..! Anyway these are three I did a while back.

B 1 Special 617 Sqdn Woodhall Spa April 1945.

Lancaster MR3 Maritime Reconnaissance School, RAF St Mawgan 1954. I've used the 'Stinky' B.1 model because it has the distinctive radome.

Lancaster 10MR, 107 SAR Sqdn RCAF 1956.

I know there are quite a few repaints of wartime Lancs out there much better than this, so I never published.

DaveQ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lancaster B1 Special 2.jpg   Lancaster MR3-1.jpg   Lancaster MR10 RCAF 1.jpg  
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure I understand 'better' as a metric when compared to those paints. I'd certainly appreciate you uploading them somewhere!

ATB
    Dan.
    Forever lurking.

Wow, Dan and Mickey D all in one thread. Kinda reminds me of old times!

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure I understand 'better' as a metric when compared to those paints. I'd certainly appreciate you uploading them somewhere!

ATB
    Dan.
    Seconded!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Anyone using the FCS Lanc under P3D v2+?

Ken
    Flying Canada's "Left Coast"

The FCS Lanc always fed from one tank when I had it. It would get heavy on one side pretty quickly. No movement of the fuel selectors seem to make any difference
    I have heard others having the problem and others seem not to be affected.

Hi Dave,

ATB
    Dan.
    The problem was I had to fudge my way around the paint kit to get the effect I wanted and have never been entirely happy with the results. Also the MR3 model doesn't fit the paint properly (just thought it looked good...). But thanks Dan and Roger for your votes of confidence - I'll package them up and upload them here when I can.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaKen View Post
    Anyone using the FCS Lanc under P3D v2+?

Ken
    It works a treat.

Thanks also for the paints!

ATB
    Dan.
    Forever lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    The problem was I had to fudge my way around the paint kit to get the effect I wanted and have never been entirely happy with the results. Also the MR3 model doesn't fit the paint properly (just thought it looked good...). But thanks Dan and Roger for your votes of confidence - I'll package them up and upload them here when I can.

DaveQ
    Uploaded here and at Flightsim.com as usual.

DaveQ

Cheers Dave
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    Wow, Dan and Mickey D all in one thread. Kinda reminds me of old times!
    Yes, but one is ignoring the other.

So I'll ask, Dano what is the status on that AI Lancaster?

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Yes, but one is ignoring the other.

So I'll ask, Dano what is the status on that AI Lancaster?
    With all due respect, nobody is ignoring the 'other' and without going into personal detail on here, I'll ask what would've been wrong with a PM?

I shall be in touch..
    Forever lurking.

You're right. My bad.

Members who have read this thread: 1