I have become a believer... P3D is the way forward! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I have become a believer... P3D is the way forward!

Blog Entries
    Hey if I could afford the equipment it takes to run P3D 2.5 I'd be there but SS and part time job just don't cut it when it comes to expanding into new vistas! Let's keep this thread it's nice to dream! I've got FSX running smooth as a baby's butt and X-Plane 10.3 on my old Gigabyte X48-DQ6 with a GTX 285 video card and almost full boat on options but if Lockheed stays the course P3D is the way to go.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    Hey if I could afford the equipment it takes to run P3D 2.5 I'd be there but SS and part time job just don't cut it when it comes to expanding into new vistas! Let's keep this thread it's nice to dream! I've got FSX running smooth as a baby's butt and X-Plane 10.3 on my old Gigabyte X48-DQ6 with a GTX 285 video card and almost full boat on options but if Lockheed stays the course P3D is the way to go.
    Ted
    As luck would have it, P3D and it's advancements come at a time when I'm winding down my enthusiasm for Flight Simming. What I have as a system is all I'll have for the future. Like txnetcop, SS and a small Military pension are all I have now and that doesn't allow for any expansion. . .ever. I have V2.5 installed but it looks no different than what I had with 2.4. Most of that is because as with FSX, at that time I had that sim running at it's peak based on my system. P3D has reached that mark for me as well. My system is running at it's best and any advancements/improvements are lost due to limitations in what my computer can reproduce. In all honesty I would do just as well to revert back to 2.4 and be happy with that. V2.5 and above will be for serious simmers or those who simply have the money to continue chasing the perfect sim. I'm no longer in that arena.

I had to work Christmas day (night shift actually) so my pay packet was a little larger than usual so I took the plunge and so far it seems pretty good. The only niggle so far is re-assigning all the keys to as close to my FSX set up as possible. Don't seem to be able to assign the rudder to my twist grip Saitek Cyborg Evo as it has the same axis as the throttle!
    Norwich, a fine city.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    I had to work Christmas day (night shift actually) so my pay packet was a little larger than usual so I took the plunge and so far it seems pretty good. The only niggle so far is re-assigning all the keys to as close to my FSX set up as possible. Don't seem to be able to assign the rudder to my twist grip Saitek Cyborg Evo as it has the same axis as the throttle!
    Why don't you just copy your control file from FSX to P3D?

Ian

Something strange going on with their website. I had trouble getting in there today (took two hours) and when I did get into the store and went to buy it I clicked on Cart and it took me to a website that said they were hacked or something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Something strange going on with their website. I had trouble getting in there today (took two hours) and when I did get into the store and went to buy it I clicked on Cart and it took me to a website that said they were hacked or something to that effect.
    Yes I'm getting this

Hello world!

February 17, 2015 byker1 1 Comment
    Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!

Seems they have been hi-jacked or imploded or something. I dare say they will sort it out.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Yes I'm getting this

Hello world!

February 17, 2015 byker1 1 Comment
    Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!

Seems they have been hi-jacked or imploded or something. I dare say they will sort it out.
    They are, this is what you get when going there now:

We are currently processing system upgrades. We apologize for any inconvenience and we will be back shortly!

If you have any licensing issues, please contact licensing@prepar3d.com.
    Thank you,
    The Prepar3D Team

Johan

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    As luck would have it, P3D and it's advancements come at a time when I'm winding down my enthusiasm for Flight Simming. What I have as a system is all I'll have for the future. Like txnetcop, SS and a small Military pension are all I have now and that doesn't allow for any expansion. . .ever. I have V2.5 installed but it looks no different than what I had with 2.4. Most of that is because as with FSX, at that time I had that sim running at it's peak based on my system. P3D has reached that mark for me as well. My system is running at it's best and any advancements/improvements are lost due to limitations in what my computer can reproduce. In all honesty I would do just as well to revert back to 2.4 and be happy with that. V2.5 and above will be for serious simmers or those who simply have the money to continue chasing the perfect sim. I'm no longer in that arena.
    I am going to be moving up to the 970.... would like to give you my 870....and can drive it up to you.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    Why don't you just copy your control file from FSX to P3D?

Ian
    Well that sounds like a plan.
    Ian, do you know where I will find the control file in FSX and will it be just a case of copy and paste?
    Norwich, a fine city.

Here ya go Nick:

C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Controls\

And the FSX one:

C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls\

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Here ya go Nick:

C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Controls\

And the FSX one:

C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls\

Johan

Thanks Johan.
    Norwich, a fine city.

Does P3D cockpit shadows work for all planes or, like FSX, work only for planes produced with this effect?

Works on all as I have seen!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Works for all aircraft.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Members who have read this thread: 3