P3Dv2.5 - Addon Scenery Folder does not exist?

Thread: P3Dv2.5 - Addon Scenery Folder does not exist?

P3Dv2.5 - Addon Scenery Folder does not exist?

How do I add in my old sceneries? Same way? Do I just create the folder structure manually?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Yes. It is covered at the annoyingly slow P3D forums.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

thank you!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I believe LM are trying to get developers to keep files outside of the main P3d folders, hence the reason for removing the Addon Scenery folder. You can easily add it back yourself, but it may be worthwhile putting some where else instead. You'll still need to add scenery.cfg entries anyway, so just point them somewhere outside the main folders instead.
    I've set up a separate "P3d user files" folder, and inside that I have Addon Scenery, SimObjects, Effects, Fonts etc and have added the paths to the relevant cfg files. All the 3rd party files have gone in those to keep the main folders clean.

great idea! Can you give an example of folder structure?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I haven't used the Addon Scenery folder for years, instead, all my scenery is held on a separate drive. Structure is simple. . .one main folder to designate it's contents (mine is "P3D Custom Scenery") inside of that I have other folders for areas of the country, ie; East Coast, Northwest, Southeast and so on and inside those are the individual scenery folders which contain both "scenery" and "texture" folders.

Oh ok so nothing special or different. thank you! I'm actually using my standard fsx directory and avoiding having to have multiple installs of scenery...but for some reason my Blueskyscenery worked in v2.4 but will not load in v2.5?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 0