There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ... - Page 27
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ...

There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ...

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Oh Man!

Those sumptuous paints have sprung to life, Wellis - exquisite work! :-)

Thanks to yourself and Milton...

Excellent work, as always!

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

I'm unable to use 2048pix texture with FS9. I got planes "nude". Does I missed something somewhere ? I can resize to 1024, okay, I know, but ?!

There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fredem View Post
    I'm unable to use 2048pix texture with FS9. I got planes "nude". Does I missed something somewhere ? I can resize to 1024, okay, I know, but ?!

Sorry that you are having trouble with them. Is this just one particular livery, or others? Perhaps something was missed on the install. I just went through them all in my installation of FS9 and all worked fine (I have all settings maxed on graphics) and can see no reason for the problem.

If anyone else is having a similar problem let me know. I am not sure what I can do though, since they seem to working fine on my end. Nigel?, Milton?, Ed, anyone, any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Excellent work, as always!

BB686
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by wellis View Post
    Sorry that you are having trouble with them. Is this just one particular livery, or others? Perhaps something was missed on the install. I just went through them all in my installation of FS9 and all worked fine (I have all settings maxed on graphics) and can see no reason for the problem.

If anyone else is having a similar problem let me know. I am not sure what I can do though, since they seem to working fine on my end. Nigel?, Milton?, Ed, anyone, any thoughts?

All these new Mallard textures. I have bring back the previous textures I didn't deleted and everthing goes okay now, but at 1024 pix large !

I may don't have allowed my FS9 to use 2048 pix (I don't know it was possible until today !) , anyone can tell me how to do ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fredem View Post
    All these new Mallard textures. I have bring back the previous textures I didn't deleted and everthing goes okay now, but at 1024 pix large !

I may don't have allowed my FS9 to use 2048 pix (I don't know it was possible until today !) , anyone can tell me how to do ?

Sorry to hear that Fredem. I am not really the one to answer your question about setting FS9 to read the 2048 textures, if that is indeed the problem. I thought perhaps in the FS9.cfg file you could change the value in the line: TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024 to 2048. But in looking at mine I see that it is default set at 1024 and yet my install of FS9 displays the 2048 textures just fine. So that doesn't appear to be it. Hopefully someone with the requisite knowledge will chime in...

I just installed the new textures and they all display as they should. Some of the textures I didn't have in the Mallard's folder so I had to create a new texture folder using existing ones, just copy everything over to the new folder and DON'T overwrite the new 2048 textures. Sorry, I can't think of any other method to get those to show up, but they should. I have several other models that use 2048 texture sheets installed in my copy of FS9 and they all work as they should.

BB686

Hi all,

sorry for any inconvenience texture sizing may be causing. I will put up 1024 textures for all the liveries (in one package) here a bit later.

Wellis,

I have never been able to get 2048 textures to work for me in FS9 so I am unaware what the secret is.

I should also mention, for any repaints anyone puts out, that the Modern and Classis texture names are different for the fuselage, fuselage inner, and cabinets and cabinseat bmps.

The texture sets are different of course because the cabins, seats, interiors, and some exterior parts are different. Therefore one livery texture set cannot be for both Modern and classic unless they are in separate folders and carry proper names.

Modern version: If you see fusemod.bmp and fuseinnermod.bmp, the set is for the modern version and should have a cabinseatmod.bmp

Classic version: If you see fuselage.bmp and fuseinner.bmp accompanied by cabinets.bmp and cabinseats.bmp, then you have a Classic version set of textures.

The two sets can co-exist if all these textures are in the same folder for a livery.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

The turboprop version is wrapping up this coming week and I should have a beta version out before the weekend.

Nigel has been working overtime on interior and VC textures, lighting, sounds, and liveries.

Here is what I received today. :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2016-jul-3-006.jpg   -2016-jul-3-004.jpg   -2016-jul-3-001.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Wellis,

I have never been able to get 2048 textures to work for me in FS9 so I am unaware what the secret is.

I should also mention, for any repaints anyone puts out, that the Modern and Classis texture names are different for the fuselage, fuselage inner, and cabinets and cabinseat bmps.

The texture sets are different of course because the cabins, seats, interiors, and some exterior parts are different. Therefore one livery texture set cannot be for both Modern and classic unless they are in separate folders and carry proper names.

Modern version: If you see fusemod.bmp and fuseinnermod.bmp, the set is for the modern version and should have a cabinseatmod.bmp

Classic version: If you see fuselage.bmp and fuseinner.bmp accompanied by cabinets.bmp and cabinseats.bmp, then you have a Classic version set of textures.

The two sets can co-exist if all these textures are in the same folder for a livery.

As am I, as to the secret-just know it works here and apparently for others. In any case I am uploading the same texture sets in 1024 here in a few minutes.

I apologize for causing any consternation and will strive to ensure that future releases include sets for both 1024 and 2048.

wellis

As am I, as to the secret-just know it works here and apparently for others. In any case I am uploading the same texture sets in 1024 here in a few minutes.

I apologize for causing any unnecessary consternation and will strive to ensure that future releases include sets for both 1024 and 2048.

wellis

The 1024 texture sets for the wellis liveries for the classic and modern Mallard radials from Milton have been uploaded to the library, or they can be had at the drop box link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview...ha_Updates.rar

The turboprop version is wrapping up this coming week and I should have a beta version out before the weekend.

Nigel has been working overtime on interior and VC textures, lighting, sounds, and liveries.

Here is what I received today. :-)

yaaayyy!

Charter Member 2016
    Thank you all very much for your lovely work. The Mallard is simply amazing and wellis has done beautiful work for it!

Regarding texture sizes, fs9 cannot display 2048 textures. If you've got one running, the texture has mipmaps and the 1024 MIP is being used. A 2048 texture with no MIPS well not work...
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    Thank you all very much for your lovely work. The Mallard is simply amazing and wellis has done beautiful work for it!

Regarding texture sizes, fs9 cannot display 2048 textures. If you've got one running, the texture has mipmaps and the 1024 MIP is being used. A 2048 texture with no MIPS well not work...
    Thank you for this insight, and the compliment. the learning continues. : - )

Here is a second livery provided by Nigel for the turboprop version.

Also including some VC shots.

I hope to get a beta test out by Wednesday end-of-day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-jul-4-006.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-jul-4-007.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-jul-4-012.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-jul-4-013.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-jul-4-014.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2011
    some VC shots...
    Just look at the smooooothness of curve, the subtlety of texture!
    Bravissimo.

Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    I would have never known this... After looking at the textures for the Mallard, and my trusty Bear Studios J-11, there are indeed mips within the textures. I have the mipmap quality turned up pretty high in FS9 and I never saw the effect that they can create. I just thought my copy of FS9 was "gifted". Good to know.

BB686

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    I would have never known this... After looking at the textures for the Mallard, and my trusty Bear Studios J-11, there are indeed mips within the textures. I have the mipmap quality turned up pretty high in FS9 and I never saw the effect that they can create. I just thought my copy of FS9 was "gifted". Good to know.

BB686

Nor would I, obviously... :-)

The Mallard turboprop beta packages (FS9 and FSX) have been uploaded and are being checked out by the team. Some minor adjustments being made and we should have the beta package available Thursday for interested testers in this thread.

Thanks for your patience.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

[Also including some VC shots.]

Extremely well done, greatly anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    [Also including some VC shots.]

Extremely well done, greatly anticipated.
    Just FYI, the beta testing process is underway and we are awaiting initial feedback.

We hope to complete the beta by Tuesday and be prepared for release the following weekend.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Here is a second livery provided by Nigel for the turboprop version.

Also including some VC shots.

I hope to get a beta test out by Wednesday end-of-day.
    And what a beauty she is! I think this one will be my steed of chocie for VFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    And what a beauty she is! I think this one will be my steed of chocie for VFR.
    Thanks Sascha. Beta test is yielding lots of feedback so far and more improvements coming this weekend.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 0