There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ... - Page 9
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ...

My apologies my Friend; no choice but to trudge along this way. I am not ready to walk away from this just yet with much to do so anyone who is frustrated by the trying to keep up should probably await a more matured release. I do try to make the updates easy to install as I would during alpha development phases.

I have received many cockpit pictures that gave better insight to all the things around the cockpit so there is more coming there.

But at this stage, everything is a WIP as advertised.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Following the development of a project like this simply doubles the enjoyment and fun!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

With better insight to the overhead panel, I have started the mods there and will continue adding parts around the cockpit.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    With better insight to the overhead panel, I have started the mods there and will continue adding parts around the cockpit.
    Away from the internet for a week, took the ecubox textures I spent hours over the last week on the overhead panel textures, only to come too the conclusion that my 3d efforts where useless, get home and online again too find they've bin done, what a relief. My efforts to 3d ish the overhead panel looked good from a distance on a very cloudy day. close up and in the dark they look Uuuuurgggh not so good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails opecubox.jpg  
    Last edited by SteveB; July 16th, 2015 at 04:38. Reason: Homer moment

Here is the latest updated textures for you too have a look at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/svmu6npult...eta_7.zip?dl=0
    I have just grabbed Milton's latest updates and will alter the layered masters too fit and am hoping too have the externals ready for upload over the next few days, so people can paint the exterior.

My apologies my Friend; no choice but to trudge along this way. I am not ready to walk away from this just yet with much to do so anyone who is frustrated by the trying to keep up should probably await a more matured release. I do try to make the updates easy to install as I would during alpha development phases.

I have received many cockpit pictures that gave better insight to all the things around the cockpit so there is more coming there.

But at this stage, everything is a WIP as advertised.
    Any chance of windowsills for the pilot and co-pilot, I need too wood them.

Steve

Here are a few shots of the interior of "54" to give you another look at interior options.

Note no window sills in the cockpit.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I have a few more minor modeling changes to make inside and a couple gauge changes and I will upload a fresh WIP release, likely Friday.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I was just tweaking the engine textures and have hit a problem. Is it poss too remap the area or some such witchcraft ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image273759703.jpg  

I did remap that area Steve. What do you want differently?

Did you get the updated model and wings_t.bmp 2048 template from post #198?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

If I paint the black to meet up with the exhaust port then the top of the cowling also turns black if that makes sense. Yes these are the textures from post 198.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    If I paint the black to meet up with the exhaust port then the top of the cowling also turns black if that makes sense. Yes these are the textures from post 198.
    Okay, I understand; I will check that out. Thanks for the explanation, without which I cannot correct the issue.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Attached is a replacement model folder and a new wings_t.bmp 2048 template that corrects the mapping around the engine exhaust areas.

Thanks for the heads-up SteveB.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Here are the external layered master textures, I am still working on the internal textures, and will release masters once completed.
    All these files are beta and may be altered at a later date. These files are in psp format for psd see post 217

https://www.dropbox.com/s/69urx0v3eq...erior.zip?dl=0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mallard_wip_pkex.jpg  
    Last edited by SteveB; July 18th, 2015 at 03:23. Reason: Brains gone awol

Might want to convert those Steve, PSP can only open PSP files, but PSP can create and open PSDs, which any program can open.

There where far too many psp's in that statement took me a mo too understand what you meant ( its been one of those weeks)
    I will resave as psd no probs back in a bit.

Thanks for the reminder Firekitten here are the Masters in PSD format: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdf7298l10...r_psd.zip?dl=0

Attaching some updates to the interior templates ... including the ECU box, placards around the cockpit, and the 2 VC panel panel templates.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Attaching some updates to the interior templates ... including the ECU box, placards around the cockpit, and the 2 VC panel panel templates.
    Thanks Milton I'll have a look at them tomorrow.

Steve

Thanks Milton I'll have a look at them tomorrow.

Steve
    I added a few pics to show the placards text.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

While testing the LDR FSX Native version of the Mallard, I ran across an old friend. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I like this Mallard logo although it is a poor location as it is semi hidden.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mallard.jpg  

I added a few pics to show the placards text.

Spoil sport, I had some ideas of my own what too put on them, but best stick with the actual wording, after all it would only confuse/scare the kiddies.
    On a side note, how do I get my steering wheels and yoke thing back it's not showing in vc mode ? ( latest model release)

Spoil sport, I had some ideas of my own what too put on them, but best stick with the actual wording, after all it would only confuse/scare the kiddies.
    On a side note, how do I get my steering wheels and yoke thing back it's not showing in vc mode ? ( latest model release)
    LOL Steve.

The yoke is hidden/shown with the spoiler "/" key.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Milton, I have been playing in the cockpit this morning, and pressed so many things I had no idea where or why the yoke had gone walkies.

Steve

Members who have read this thread: 0