There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ... - Page 5
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ...

Charter Member 2016
    I can commit to nothing - BUT I would be willing to take a flying (and perhaps misguided) whack at doing the interior. Don't expect anything like what Nigel turns out - but he's got a lot on his plate, so let's not make him do everything.

And don't expect anything quickly, either. I'm up to my ears trying to find a job in the geosciences with a Bachelor's degree right now, so I'm a little time deficient...
    (does anyone have a contact I could follow up on who is a geologist of any sort or an environmental scientist???)
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Wow, I had no idea it was already that far along. If anyone can add the finishing touches, it's definitely this community. They're awesome like that.
    It's been this far for several months actually. I am still wrestling with overhead 3D switches and gauge layout as there are so many variants. I am missing something in the electrical sequence of things as you cannot start her manually from the overhead but can from the 2D electrical panel. I hope to sort it out before the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    I can commit to nothing - BUT I would be willing to take a flying (and perhaps misguided) whack at doing the interior. Don't expect anything like what Nigel turns out - but he's got a lot on his plate, so let's not make him do everything.

And don't expect anything quickly, either. I'm up to my ears trying to find a job in the geosciences with a Bachelor's degree right now, so I'm a little time deficient...
    (does anyone have a contact I could follow up on who is a geologist of any sort or an environmental scientist???)
    You are welcome to give it a go Sir; there are no time schedules; this belongs to whomever wants to give her some time and attention.

I will send a PM with a link for download when the package is ready and uploaded.

Thank you :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

I have not had a lot of time to prepare the Mallard upload for this weekend as promised due to the work on the F7F's.

I figured out the issues with the electrical system start sequence setup but have not had time to correct the VC modeling and gauges.

However, I am using the 2D panel of the D18S and its popups and she starts fine using the 2D electrical panel.

The sounds are Nigel's appropriate for these engines.

The exterior and interior are ready for panel lines and paint if anyone wants to have a go at her.

As I said before, I am unsure how long it will be before we can get to this old gal but she is ready for paint work.
    As I can, I will get the VC gauges and switches sorted out, probably over the next 2-3 weeks though.

So, if you want to splash some paint, speak up or shoot me a PM.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hope others - with better painting skills than I have - will take up Milton's most generous and latest offering to put some of the finishing touches on this. I am using it in FSX and it is great and look forwards to hours of enjoyment. It will need a few tweaks - in FSX - including different contact points (sinks on the water). FDE is very stable as one would expect. If someone can do a quick (even all white, just exterior) set of textures that would get the ball rolling.

Thanks again Milton!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Hope others - with better painting skills than I have - will take up Milton's most generous and latest offering to put some of the finishing touches on this. I am using it in FSX and it is great and look forwards to hours of enjoyment. It will need a few tweaks - in FSX - including different contact points (sinks on the water). FDE is very stable as one would expect. If someone can do a quick (even all white, just exterior) set of textures that would get the ball rolling.

Thanks again Milton!
    Sir, had I known you were in FSX, I would have sent you that version. I have different contact points for FSX, necessarily. I will upload it for you.

EDIT: Uploaded and PM link sent
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; June 8th, 2015 at 16:15.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Excellent. Thanks very much Milton and regards,

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I have not had a lot of time to prepare the Mallard upload for this weekend as promised due to the work on the F7F's.

I figured out the issues with the electrical system start sequence setup but have not had time to correct the VC modeling and gauges.

However, I am using the 2D panel of the D18S and its popups and she starts fine using the 2D electrical panel.

The sounds are Nigel's appropriate for these engines.

The exterior and interior are ready for panel lines and paint if anyone wants to have a go at her.

As I said before, I am unsure how long it will be before we can get to this old gal but she is ready for paint work.
    As I can, I will get the VC gauges and switches sorted out, probably over the next 2-3 weeks though.

So, if you want to splash some paint, speak up or shoot me a PM.
    Milton; if you mean the unreleased sounds for teh D18S, I'd better send you the version with recently updated exteriors - had some kind folk here at SOH doing some generous testing on them - be a pleasure to see them finally of service, my friend :-)
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Milton; if you mean the unreleased sounds for teh D18S, I'd better send you the version with recently updated exteriors - had some kind folk here at SOH doing some generous testing on them - be a pleasure to see them finally of service, my friend :-)
    Please do ... Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    I'll have a bash at a couple of schemes, I need a break from helicopters. should be able too start by the end of the week.

Steve

I'll have a bash at a couple of schemes
    WHOO HOO !! Great news - look forward to these Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I'll have a bash at a couple of schemes, I need a break from helicopters. should be able too start by the end of the week.

Steve
    Steve, not sure if you are FSX or FS9 so I will send links for both momentarily.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Steve, not sure if you are FSX or FS9 so I will send links for both momentarily.
    FS9 mate, got fsx but it's still in the box gathering dust.

Steve

The FS9 and FSX Mallard versions have been uploaded to the library and appear to be available for download from the props sections.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Well... I certainly am not very good at texturing or painting, but I would be willing to read up on the Mallard and flight test her, as well as the Lodestar.

And it's always good to hear that there a few blokes left who are willing to "splash a bit of paint", these models are worth the effort.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Well... I certainly am not very good at texturing or painting, but I would be willing to read up on the Mallard and flight test her, as well as the Lodestar.

And it's always good to hear that there a few blokes left who are willing to "splash a bit of paint", these models are worth the effort.

BB686
    Well Sir, download the FS9 or FSX version, and have at it. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, sorry too report that I have discovered a slight problem with the front wheels showing through when raised, right side when looking from the front.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mallard front wheel_2.jpg   mallard front wheel_1.jpg  

Milton, sorry too report that I have discovered a slight problem with the front wheels showing through when raised, right side when looking from the front.
    Ah, thanks Steve; an easy fix.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Update v1 for the Mallard.

Includes a model replacement folder and two new textures.

Corrects nose gear tire showing through mesh;
    Changes pilot to remove hat and adds headsets to both pilots.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I have been working on some layered masters. still have a lot more too do, but thought I'd post an update on progress. I am currently playing with the engines.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mallard_wip_1.jpg  

I have been working on some layered masters. still have a lot more too do, but thought I'd post an update on progress. I am currently playing with the engines.
    Ahhhh, thank you so much Sir! That is looking great! Nice to see that progress is being made ... appreciate you sharing that. Makes my day. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

appreciate you sharing that. Makes my day. :-)
    Second that - great news!

Steve, a comparison of fuselage and wing/eng bmps clarity in the attachment. For some reason, the wings/eng texture is blurred.
    The parts are all mapped to the same scale.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

A homer moment on my part ( as usual ).

For some reason when I shrank the masters by 50% they went 1024 by 983, no idea how or why I can only guess it was fat fingers

What a beauty! Great job, Steve!

Cheers,
    Maarten

Redone the wings and engines, and made a few tweaks on the fuselage textures. Here are the updated textures: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jecsn1fej...ta_01.zip?dl=0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mallard_wip_2.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0