JF F27 released! (29th April) - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: JF F27 released! (29th April)

One to fly in bolivian Andes. LAB CP-2013 "Reina Beatrix":

Just wait SOH staff aprove it and it will be available in Warbirds Library.
    Last edited by flaviossa; June 27th, 2015 at 18:36. Reason: Add info.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

These are looking superb flaviossa I really do like the following off the lessor know airlines ... Just Brilliant

Thanks Mr. Ian
    Itīs not the best quality work of the great repainters of SOH but at least you can fly with them too!
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -

re: can you spot the didff

Yes !!! I think it is that you have changed the garish colours of the warning lights

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

Lads f-27 wip

Matt (Jeansy) asked if someone could do a Royal Australian Navy LADS (Laser Airborne Depth Sounder) F-27. I put my hand up to give it a try little realising the fun (not) I was about to have. The aircraft is actually a -500 model which created the first problem. The JF F-27 has 11 windows but the LADS aircraft is longer and has 13 windows. To get around this I have used the basic -300 model with the front door from the -100 model. Work on the forward section was fairly straight forward but the rear end text caused me some headaches but I have done the best I can.

After spending 5 days trying to create the tail logo I finally said **** it I'll try another method. I decided to use a cut/paste method and to my mind it seems to have worked. There is more work to be done but I am hoping to have it finished by mid week.

Here are a few WIP screenshots to hopefully whet your appetites. If you see something that may need changing just let me know.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-7-5_19-16-53-933.jpg   2015-7-5_19-17-25-146.jpg   2015-7-5_19-17-39-348.jpg   2015-7-5_19-17-53-299.jpg   2015-7-5_19-18-19-121.jpg  

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Pat looking good so far .. Navy LADS , off course if ya going to throw it into cold water it will shrink a little

I'm all over this in a slightly inappropriate and unsettling way.

Finnish Air Force painting

Finnish Air Force painting a Just Flight's Fokker is welcome

Should anybody want to change the window configuration or not have windows at all, it is not too difficult. The textures for the fuselage use alpha channels to cut the windows out. All that needs to be done is alter the alpha channel of the texture to ad, subtract or not have any windows at all.

Watched hundreds of these fly over my house as a kid. We lived about 3 miles from KSTL and right under the approach to 30L. I remember my dad constantly cursing as planes would come over and disrupt TV reception. My uncle worked as a dispatcher for Ozark also. Anywho, I would be most grateful to anyone willing to reproduce this livery. Did a little research and looks like plenty of pictures are out there, besides I think it's a real "looker".

Thanks
    Steve

One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

The last paint for this bird from me is a famous one: FAU 571
    This plane was envolved in a crash in the Andes in 1972 with stories of canibalism, heroism, etc ... there are even movies about it.
    History: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ars-later.html

Youtube documentary:

Available later today in Warbirds Library.
    Thatīs all folks!

Flaviossa, I was wondering when one was going to bring that one up , the movie 'ALIVE' I've seen a couple of times, a fasinating true story, great thing the having a followup documentary with the people involved.

Another post I have to put up at NZFF, pleased you posted the link.

Hi all

The F27 Friendship service pack is now available:
    http://www.justflight.com/support/fo...ndship/dba9633

• Numerous improvements to autopilot (airspeed hold mode now adjusts pitch to maintain airspeed rather than using the autothrottle to adjust power)
    • Numerous improvements to flight director (operating correctly but only operational in lateral modes)
    • Installer support added for Prepar3D v3
    • Improved sound-set
    • Tool included to toggle default Flight Simulator fuel pump
    • Standby AHI bank indicator missing – fixed
    • Rear wheel chocks added, nosewheel chock repositioned
    • Turn indicator under reading - fixed
    • Left fuel flow gauge over reading – fixed
    • Fuel trimmer tooltip and logic – fixed
    • Livery panel lines adjusted
    • Altimeter textures adjusted for improved readability
    • HSI TO/FROM indicator added
    • New DX10 compatible light effects added
    • Engine ignitor clicking sounds added to virtual cockpit
    • Altimeter pressure subscale now indicates MB and INHG
    • Gauge backlighting can now be switched on during daylight hours
    • FDE modified to add simulation of propeller ground fine
    • Default GPS popup added
    • Paint kit updated to add missing weathering (available here - http://www.justflight.com/support/fo...ndship/fd13410)
    • Engine intake textures fixed
    • Hole in fuselage when viewed through rear passenger door – fixed
    • Port flap animation fixed
    • New textures for overhead panel fresh air vents
    • VHF receiver lights still illuminated with electrical power off – fixed
    • Rear passenger door frame textures fixed
    • Sounds added for seatbelt and no smoking signs
    • Clickspot added to captains seat to hide/show armrest for better access to centre pedestal
    • PDF manual updated to reflect software changes, including updated tutorial flight with updated and added/altered operational procedures. Please re-read the manual and fly the tutorial flight to fully see and understand the changes and improvements.

Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Very nice update Martyn, thanks!
    Can you say if the paints made with the old paintkit works with the new model? I have too many created and if itīs not compatible anymore i have to evaluate if itīs viable to correct all of them. Thanks again.

The updated paint kit adds a missing weathering layer to 'Friendship_FuseA_T' and addresses a few minor texture mapping issues (identified by Marcel here). We tested a selection of user repaints on the 100/200/300 and they all worked fine so there shouldn't be any issues with existing repaints.
    Martyn

Is the SP included in the Friendship_108?
    Mike

Thanks Martyn, will test tonight

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    Is the SP included in the Friendship_108?
    Mike
    Yes, Friendship_108.exe is the latest version of the product.
    Martyn

Regarding any existing repaints that you have installed, if you haven't manually deleted the repaint texture folder(s) from within the F-27 aircraft folders before installing the latest version of the product, and if the creator of the repaint included an 'aircraft.inf' file in the texture folder (which contains the information to be added to the aircraft.cfg), then the installer will restore those repaints and they will be available in the latest software with no further action required.

The support text which says you'll loose any existing repaints makes the assumption that the texture folders have been deleted and/or the repainter didn't include an aircraft.inf file.
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Yes, Friendship_108.exe is the latest version of the product.
    Thank you,Martyn.
    Mike

Yes, thanks for the hu Martyn
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Itīs lovely airplane but HOW are you able to read that altimeter gauge???

Great add-on, nice service pack, but I'd like to confirm that the bug in the VC (where the yoke is always cranked over to the left) has not been fixed yet.

Still loving flying this baby...

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Great add-on, nice service pack, but I'd like to confirm that the bug in the VC (where the yoke is always cranked over to the left) has not been fixed yet.

Still loving flying this baby...

Kent
    I had the yoke problem when I first installed the updated version. I reinstalled and the yoke works fine now.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Members who have read this thread: 1