thought I'd throw these up..

Thread: thought I'd throw these up..

Blog Entries

thought I'd throw these up..

I noticed hardly anyone posting here in this forum which is too bad.. Anyone that knows me knows i'm not a proselyte but X-Plane has become a great Sim.. I have too admit, i'm enjoying it.. Yeahhh, its a bit more complex too fly and its different, but its still very much a blast.. Anyway, some of my favorites..

Well, i'd post more but it seems my image sizes ( 1024x540 ) are all too large.. Sorry..
    Pam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Late-26_zpsvbdpbp8m.jpg   k7_3_zps893c5322.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Thanks Warchild...yes X-Plane is becoming a great sim. The aircraft were always cutting edge but the scenery was so pathetic and unbelievable...no longer the case!
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Blog Entries
    yeahh, its frikkin gorgeous.. That top pic was taken on a flight through papua. I admit i also use the NOAA weather plugin so i was getting actual winds and storms popping up on me.. Even in the giant Late' it was one of the most frightening hours i have ever had.. I loved it. In fact, the way it looks is one of the main reasons i fly it so much. You cant see the tiles, so no matter where your at, its seamless scenery.. having good supporting pluggins like the NOAA plugin is a great addition, and airports you can download till your blue in the face.. I still have FSX, but i'm not ready to touch it again yet.. Too much happened in the last few months i was using it, but X-plane has grown up and gotten all beautiful and everything.. i'm lovin it..
    Pam

Blog Entries

I AM a stubborn and determined old cuss ::lol::..
    Hope you folks like the pics..
    Pam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XPics-k7_5_zpsp9t0kwla.jpg   Xpics-An148_26_zps1oocvbim.jpg   XPics-CRJ200_4_zpsl8ehpxan.jpg   XPics-Bombardier_Cl_300_14_zpseida8xvs.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Thanks Pam keep 'em coming...
    Ted

Blog Entries
    One of my favorites the C208 with traffic!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C208B05.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C208B04.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Awesome. A friend of mine flies that caravan and he loves it.. I'm kind of a stick in the mud so i've mostly been flying the regional's..

Blog Entries
    Carenado's offering of the Beech Bonanzas

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carenado Beechcraft in X-Plane.jpg  

One of the things I really have grown to like is the enhancements to the airports. XP is allowing users to submit scenery for airports. They are included with the new releases. There is some really nice custom scenery provided by the users.

My Dad has been working on KOPN and he thinks its really easy to add and manipulate scenery in XP.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinjake View Post
    One of the things I really have grown to like is the enhancements to the airports. XP is allowing users to submit scenery for airports. They are included with the new releases. There is some really nice custom scenery provided by the users.

My Dad has been working on KOPN and he thinks its really easy to add and manipulate scenery in XP.
    Probably the most improved area in X-Plane are the incredible sceneries, especially airports with tons of ground and air traffic.

Here's few shots from 10.35 demo. In the night shot, it was cool to see a police cruiser moving pretty quick with lights flashing!

Cruiser directly below the aircraft, just ahead of the 18 wheeler.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Blog Entries
    I like the way the traffic below looks like real cars not the boxy stuff you see on FSX. I also love the look of the cities. X-Plane is getting better and better on scenery.
    Ted

I thought I would try some of the setting at the extreme level!

Blog Entries
    Beautiful pics Ted!

Great shots!
    Here, some of my flights

Carvalho,
    Great looking pictures! Both scenery and aircraft. Please share your system and software setup. Soon as I get my simpanel built I am going to build a computer to meet the task of running XP on higher settings. Jake

Thanks, Jake, here are my system specs:
    CPU - Intel Core i5-4670K, 3.6 GHz @ 4.0 GHz
    Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H ´
    Memory G Skill F3-12800CL9-4GBSR 2x 4 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM
    Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (3 GB)
    Monitor AOC 2343 [23" LCD]
    Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
    Saitek X52 Pro
    Running X-Plane 10.35 64Bits HDR active with RealTerraHaze for visual and several other plugins.

Blog Entries
    I agree those are great shots Carvalho. That third pic especially...talk about real as it gets!
    Ted

I thought i'd put 'ATC' in the search box here at the XP forum.... All it returned was 'Sorry- no matches' ....

So is there any default ATC in XP ? And if affirm how does it compare to FSX default ATC ?....

How is the flightmodel of the DC-3, Carvalho ?

That's a great looking CL215, Ted ! As opposed to FSX do firefighters finally have a purpose in XP ? I.e. scramble your CL215 to the nearest lake, scoop water, head on to the fire hazard, drop the load, fire out.... I guess not, huh....

Thanks for the beautiful pics, lady and gents, XP sure does look nice nowadays !

cheers,
    jan

Jan,
    The ATC, unfortunately is like the Dante's Hell, exist but does not work.The FSX default ATC, with all the limitations is better, however there is a payware plugin to provide the connection between X-Plane and Radar Contact 4 http://secure.simmarket.com/fs-limit...toxplane.phtml
    The DC-3 flight model is is not bad at all, but for some reason it remains stucked in gravel and dirt runways.The developer is working on it, but I still prefer the Manfred´s model in P3D, and miss the MAAM.
    Claudio

Members who have read this thread: 3