DoughBree L-39C (FSX)

Thread: DoughBree L-39C (FSX)

Hybrid View

DoughBree L-39C (FSX)

This thing never got beyond a beta model for FS9, but the Gmax source files were made available by its creator Vit Storch. The only licensing restriction is that the resulting model has to remain freeware (and crediting DBD for the original work), which is more than a fair deal to me.

I haven't started converting the VC yet, but the exterior is just about done (save for one or two material tweaks maybe).

One enhancement made by me is that you can now choose between a civilian and military backseater or go solo. The texture mapping has been left untouched, so save for using a FSX-compliant glass texture, you can use any exisiting repaints for this model.

Provided you're knowing what you're doing, you can, for now, merge the VC from Hadi Tahir's L-39ZA (from Flightsim.com) with the converted exterior model.

I'd upload work-in-progress versions from time to time under the condition that no one asks any all too basic questions about it.

Any interest in this or is everyone only flying the payware L-39 anyway?

Interested, I don't fly the L-39 enough to justify the payware model. Girl pilot up front?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Also interested. The payware version was out of my price range and as victory103 says, I wouldn't fly the payware version enough to justify purchasing it anyway. Looks good Bjoern, always wondered what happened to that airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Girl pilot up front?
    Had to think about it for longer than I initially wanted to.

Config 1: Male front, female back
    Config 2: Female front, male back

Both in military issue flight clothing, i.e. no more tank top. Check Cheap as chips Catalogue and Early Settler Catalogue.

Hm...

Well, okay. That will also get rid of the identical twins in the military model.

Yup, good idea indeed. Thanks, Victory!

Download (as of now, exterior model only!):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...ew?usp=sharing

I won't have much, if any, time in the next few days for the VC, so you will have to make do with Hadi Tahir's L-39ZA cockpit (ht_l39za-011.zip @ Flightsim). I will not cover how to conduct a VC merge as I expect this to be basic FSX knowledge by now.
    Note: You will have to add the following line to the end of any [VCockpitxx] section in the panel.cfg for Hadi's cockpit:
    gauge99=L39set!l39parts, 0,0,1,1

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Also interested. The payware version was out of my price range and as victory103 says, I wouldn't fly the payware version enough to justify purchasing it anyway. Looks good Bjoern, always wondered what happened to that airplane.

I understand were all from different walks of life but 30 bucks is a super reasonable price for the Lotussim version. Heck Carenado charges more for their half baked products
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Can not wait to try this one, thanks Bjoern!

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Excellent initiative Bjoern!

Members who have read this thread: 3