DoughBree L-39C (FSX)
Page 1 of 30 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: DoughBree L-39C (FSX)

DoughBree L-39C (FSX)

This thing never got beyond a beta model for FS9, but the Gmax source files were made available by its creator Vit Storch. The only licensing restriction is that the resulting model has to remain freeware (and crediting DBD for the original work), which is more than a fair deal to me.

I haven't started converting the VC yet, but the exterior is just about done (save for one or two material tweaks maybe).

One enhancement made by me is that you can now choose between a civilian and military backseater or go solo. The texture mapping has been left untouched, so save for using a FSX-compliant glass texture, you can use any exisiting repaints for this model.

Provided you're knowing what you're doing, you can, for now, merge the VC from Hadi Tahir's L-39ZA (from Flightsim.com) with the converted exterior model.

I'd upload work-in-progress versions from time to time under the condition that no one asks any all too basic questions about it.

Any interest in this or is everyone only flying the payware L-39 anyway?

Interested, I don't fly the L-39 enough to justify the payware model. Girl pilot up front?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Also interested. The payware version was out of my price range and as victory103 says, I wouldn't fly the payware version enough to justify purchasing it anyway. Looks good Bjoern, always wondered what happened to that airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Girl pilot up front?
    Had to think about it for longer than I initially wanted to.

Config 1: Male front, female back
    Config 2: Female front, male back

Both in military issue flight clothing, i.e. no more tank top. Check Cheap as chips Catalogue and Early Settler Catalogue.

Hm...

Well, okay. That will also get rid of the identical twins in the military model.

Yup, good idea indeed. Thanks, Victory!

Download (as of now, exterior model only!):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...ew?usp=sharing

I won't have much, if any, time in the next few days for the VC, so you will have to make do with Hadi Tahir's L-39ZA cockpit (ht_l39za-011.zip @ Flightsim). I will not cover how to conduct a VC merge as I expect this to be basic FSX knowledge by now.
    Note: You will have to add the following line to the end of any [VCockpitxx] section in the panel.cfg for Hadi's cockpit:
    gauge99=L39set!l39parts, 0,0,1,1

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Also interested. The payware version was out of my price range and as victory103 says, I wouldn't fly the payware version enough to justify purchasing it anyway. Looks good Bjoern, always wondered what happened to that airplane.

I understand were all from different walks of life but 30 bucks is a super reasonable price for the Lotussim version. Heck Carenado charges more for their half baked products
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Can not wait to try this one, thanks Bjoern!

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Excellent initiative Bjoern!

The VC model is in FSX now.

So far, I've animated stick, rudder, pedals and canopy, so the thing is already barely flyable.
    The remaining stuff uses custom code, which will have to be "translated" from FS9 to FSX format. This will take a while.

Download:

1. Note how the link is always the same, thanks to GD's revision management feature
    2. If upgrading from last night's revision: Delete "gauglass_T.bmp" prior or after the upgrade and just overwrite everything else.

Oh, and before someone asks:
    There won't be a backseat VC. I'll plug the hole so that you get a consistent experience from the front seat, but that's about it.
    If you want to fly a L-39 from the backseat, use Hadi Tahir's model!

Nice detailing on the interior structure. VC is Looking good Bjoern.

Yeah, Vit did some amazing work on this model.

By looking at the code, I found out that, e.g. the main instrument panel and some other bits react to vibration and g-force!

Well, the VC stuff is tagged, but there are still bugs (some carried over from the FS9 version). I'll try to sort them out later.

Download:

Excellent Jet and I can confirm that everything is functional in P3D_V2.4
    Just took her for a short flight from my home base to Grand Prairie. Nice ride. . .well done Bjoern!

GREAT WORK!!!!

One of my favorite aircraft in FS2004. Dusting off my Skyline aviation repaints!

THX A LOT!

Marcel

I did a 2D panel to match the VC of this....if anyone's interested...

....that's the 2D. [with a few extra bits]

Blog Entries
    OUTSTANDING!!!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

And a skin I did a while ago, too...

I'm interested! Great work so far!

Side note - A L-39 was featured on Pawn Stars for sale a few seasons ago - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgJFD4a8MpI
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Thanks for the conversion work Bjoern I'm one of the crowd who can't really justify buying the payware L39 but this one will fit the bill very nicely. Looks better 'in sim' than the pictures suggest too I'm seeing the smoke effect flicker constantly but that's a minor detail.

ATB
    DaveB

Bjoern,

Great initial functional checkflight, agree completely almost payware quality and smooth framerates on my machine. Flight dynamics seem close, got her to spin and recover with no issues.

Are there any FS9 based repaints?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I want to assign functions to some of the inoperable switches. Planned so far is: Nav, strobe and beacon light, NAV-GPS, AP master, ALT, HDG, NAV, COM1 xmit, COM2 xmit.
    Any more ideas for switch functions?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I'm seeing the smoke effect flicker constantly but that's a minor detail.
    That's what it's supposed to do (heat blur) as Vit implemented it that way. Same for the condensation clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Are there any FS9 based repaints?
    Flightsim has some.

Originally Posted by DaveB
    I'm seeing the smoke effect flicker constantly but that's a minor detail.

That's what it's supposed to do (heat blur) as Vit implemented it that way. Same for the condensation clouds.
    Ah.. ok. I can just about see what it's supposed to be given that I now know what it's supposed to be! Can it be removed or would that be sacrilege? If it can't.. I'm happy to live with it.

EDIT: Having looked at the model in MCX.. I see that effect is part of the model. Never mind.

ATB
    DaveB

I can't recall ever liking any 'modelled' exhaust effect preferring to adapt smoke and lights to depict what is typically.....smoke and light...

I had a closer look at my 'Thunderbirds' paint....it's about 5 years old...and pretty ordinary....I probably lost interest in putting effort in as it had the port-over crappy glass. This new remodelling might inspire me to have a better 'go'...

Members who have read this thread: 3