DoughBree L-39C (FSX) - Page 7
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: DoughBree L-39C (FSX)

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    It's your candy store and you have made it very apparent that you're the Bawanna .......

BTW, I think I'll forgo any future installers. If anyone else wants to do that, go for it.
    It's your call, but thanks for the willingness to contribute!

Changes in this version subtle but effective Bjoern

Still seeing some irregularity with the Cabin Pressure system.. it's not keen on 4G turns! However.. noted it does catch up eventually without having to remake the ECS lever. Noted when coming in to land, the darned thing was on again. No idea why. When I pulled to a stop.. it had gone out

Liking the decrease in drag

Jafo.. we have/had at least 2 39's here in the UK.. G-BZDI and G-OALB. Fancy having a paint?

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Changes in this version subtle but effective Bjoern

Jafo.. we have/had at least 2 39's here in the UK.. G-BZDI and G-OALB. Fancy having a paint?

ATB
    DaveB
    Dave....point me to some pics and I'll have a go.

Finally worked out where the 'chrome' intake trim was.... and the pitot tubes on the wings....
    So here's what'll be the first paint release....just a few wee bits to fiddle with...

Hi Jafo

G-BZDI looks pretty much identical to the 35 paint above.. a handful of pics here.. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...BZDI&FORM=IGRE

G-OALB has a more 'corporate' look.. a few shots here if you scroll down.. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...lectedIndex=56

EDIT: TBH.. I'd be happy with BZDI and it shouldn't be too much hassle

ATB
    DaveB

Hi Jafo

G-BZDI looks pretty much identical to the 35 paint above.. a handful of pics here.. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...BZDI&FORM=IGRE

DaveB
    How's that? ...

To be 'accurate' I'd need to alter the camo lines...so the reg is all in the light colouring.

That's close enough mate Considering what this project started out as.. it's come a very long way

ATB
    DaveB

With painting, once you have your head around what the paintkit is doing [as happens when you redo one] it's not all that difficult to mod any individual part...particularly when the silly thing has more layers than a chicken farm...
    The hardest part is keeping track of them all. The Fuse_t.psp is now 610 meg ...... and growing.
    If I find enough pics....ie both sides of BZDI it's simple enough to alter the camo to suit.

The other one just needs for me to dig up some more pics/details and add another squillion layers.....

Edit...
    Here's the altered camo - port side, and corrected ejector seat graphics....

Dave...my first paint upload for Bjoern's L-39C has been uploaded here.... the G-BZDI ...

Checked and amended the starboard camo as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Dave...my first paint upload for Bjoern's L-39C has been uploaded here.... the G-BZDI ...

Checked and amended the starboard camo as well.
    Oo-er.. works for me Cheers Jafo.

ATB
    DaveB

Bjoern..

I don't know how far you want to take this project but for me.. it already ticks all the boxes. Hell.. I think an AP is OTT!! With Jafo's BZDI paint, I'm exactly where I want to be and am as happy as a dog with two tails

A HUGE thank you to you both

ATB
    DaveB

Members +
    Hi Guys,
    Here in South Africa, we have 2x privately owned L-39's, ZU-TEE & ZU-KIM.
    Would it be possible to do a paint?
    Sorry, I'm not used to posting pics.
    Thanks, Robin

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kim.jpg   zutee.jpg  

TEE is a very smart looking example

ATB
    DaveB

thank you for your fine work gentlemen, ZU-ROL is also a south African bird. and a pretty one at that
    http://www.airliners.net/photo/Aero-...8683cffb82bd84

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Here in South Africa, we have 2x privately owned L-39's, ZU-TEE & ZU-KIM.
    Would it be possible to do a paint?
    Sorry, I'm not used to posting pics.
    Thanks, Robin

KIM looks like an easy one...and TEE looks like it'd be fun to do...

Am currently messing with G-OALB - trying to work out what the logo thingy is on the tail ... and it'll be done.

Then I'll have a go at these ones...

trying to work out what the logo thingy is on the tail ... and it'll be done.
    'DAT' Group logo....

G-OALB....as far as I can work out...

Members +
    I missed ZU-ROL.

Our favourite is ZU-KIM. When we have our "Wings Parade" for our "Young Falcons", we also have a fly-in at Ysterplaat Air Force Base, here in Cape Town. We have our (Cape Virtual) clubhouse there, where we mentor the kids (2 year volunteer project, 30 juniors & 30 seniors per year). Private pilots from surrounding flying clubs, fly in & actually fly the kids, with the kids getting hands-on experience in flying.. The pilots of ZU-KIM also donate their time, (& aircraft) & give our top 2 students a surprise 20 minute flight.

So, we do have a soft spot for KIM!

OALB looks great Jafo

So many L39's still wear their military camo schemes but the more you look.. there are a hell of a lot that don't. There's enough out there to keep you going for a long time
    ATB
    DaveB

Looks like there was no format for the camo paint style....just vaguely similar...
    ZU-KIM looks like the third version [out of 3 - not a good batting average] ...so here it is roughed-in...gotta alter the camo yet again...and details to do...

Members +
    By jove, you so quick!
    Many thanks,
    Robin

Still seeing some irregularity with the Cabin Pressure system.. it's not keen on 4G turns! However.. noted it does catch up eventually without having to remake the ECS lever. Noted when coming in to land, the darned thing was on again. No idea why. When I pulled to a stop.. it had gone out
    Like I told you the last time, I need the pressure indicator readings to know what's going on!

I don't know how far you want to take this project but for me.. it already ticks all the boxes. Hell.. I think an AP is OTT!! With Jafo's BZDI paint, I'm exactly where I want to be and am as happy as a dog with two tails
    Thanks! Really appreciate hearing that.

Bjoern and Jafo, Just wanna say thank you for all your hard work and generous contribution. Lookin mighty good.

ZU-KIM looks finished....glossy paint for a camo...appears symmetrical...so that's what I did..
    I'll upload these 2 recent ones soonish...then play with ZU-TEE.

I did a 2D panel to match the VC of this....if anyone's interested...

....that's the 2D. [with a few extra bits]
    Just downloaded the L-39C (came late to this thread)...I would love to have this 2D PANEL.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Like I told you the last time, I need the pressure indicator readings to know what's going on!
    Hi Bjoern

I'm at ISA mate.. 1013. Not tried it with real stuff yet. Don't worry about it. If you're not seeing it and I am, it MUST be operator error

ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 3