N1390a

Jafo could you give this one a try?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

101 Blue Ukrainian AF

Or this one?

Edit: Blue 73
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Viper... I could...
    I'll continue with Bjoern's first though...

Ok......I'll enjoy all the others in the mean time....😀😀

Viper....when I get onto those I'll need more ID numbers or something so I can search for more pics of them...

Dang it....got my wires crossed and ended up with a bat on the fuse....wrong plane....
    Still...fuse is almost done...

Edit....wings done....any idea what the logo forward of the 170 is? [I'll take off the bat]

Last edited by Jafo; July 21st, 2015 at 07:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Viper....when I get onto those I'll need more ID numbers or something so I can search for more pics of them...
    Ok I'll get right on that....😀

Jafo here are the numbers you requested:
    N1390A c/n: 295501
    Blue 73 c/n: 834511

The thing on the forward fuselage is a "Q" awarded for really well maintained aircraft.

- E:
    Here's a decal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Q_LSK.png  

Viper....thanks for those....means I should be able to do them...

Bjoern... that's the one.... I just need to find a higher res ver of it [and check whether it's on both sides]...

Zolt... the 5301 looks really good. I'll see about uploading the 4096 paintkit soonish...

Gah....had to draw the thing from scratch....and guess the detail...

Meanwhile...the red arrows for the canopy levers...dunno what text they have.

Viper...that N1390A is going to be a real 'pain' to do. The fuse is tricky enough with the stripes...but the underside is a whole lot worse.... more so than the T'Birds artwork.
    I'll need to search long and hard for pics to work with...

Edit ...found the Heraldic lion...but a quick fiddle indicates just how complicated some skins can get.

Edit 2 ... It's definitely not easy as the wings and fuse aren't even the same scale..

Last edited by Jafo; July 21st, 2015 at 21:45.

Zsolt... the 5301 looks really good. I'll see about uploading the 4096 paintkit soonish...[/QUOTE]

Sounds good!

Thanks Jafo,

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Viper...that N1390A is going to be a real 'pain' to do. The fuse is tricky enough with the stripes...but the underside is a whole lot worse.... more so than the T'Birds artwork.
    I'll need to search long and hard for pics to work with...

Edit ...found the Heraldic lion...but a quick fiddle indicates just how complicated some skins can get.

Edit 2 ... It's definitely not easy as the wings and fuse aren't even the same scale..

Take your time Jafo I'm a very patient person...but it looks good so far....😀😀

Quote Originally Posted by viper1977 View Post
    Take your time Jafo I'm a very patient person...but it looks good so far....
    Good to know...re the 'patience' bit..

It's taking some time. ....and I'm only onto the Lion...

No problem...

Bjoern... that's the one.... I just need to find a higher res ver of it [and check whether it's on both sides]...
    Port side only.

As for the stickers, I'll try to find something. If not, just put something in German with a communist context on it (like "GENOSSEN" or so).

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Port side only.

As for the stickers, I'll try to find something. If not, just put something in German with a communist context on it (like "GENOSSEN" or so).
    Yep, got that...and noticed I'd forgotten the star near the top of the Q...so fixed.
    I'll do a bit of a general search on East German aircraft and see if I can make sense of the arrows.....but pretty sure they won't say 'do not touch'...

I'll do a bit of a general search on East German aircraft and see if I can make sense of the arrows.....but pretty sure they won't say 'do not touch'...
    They point to canopy emergency release levers. So probably something like "NOTÖFFNUNG".

http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/17/pics/5_1_b1.png
    http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/17/pics/5_5_b1.jpg
    http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/17/pics/5_4.jpg

Members who have read this thread: 4