DoughBree L-39C (FSX) - Page 21
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: DoughBree L-39C (FSX)

Next one on the go...
    Makes life less complicated if you have a profile photo....

Blog Entries
    Bjoern and Jafo - been watching this unfold - looks really smart. Soviet era trainer - what's not to love?

Jafo - I've seen a good number of clean civie/airshow type schemes. Will there be something a bit worn, working gal type of paint? There's something really compelling about this particular one, as an example ...

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Russi...ros/1148874/L/

thanks, and a huge kudos to the work done thus far!

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Bjoern and Jafo - been watching this unfold - looks really smart. Soviet era trainer - what's not to love?

Jafo - I've seen a good number of clean civie/airshow type schemes. Will there be something a bit worn, working gal type of paint? There's something really compelling about this particular one, as an example ...

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Russi...ros/1148874/L/

thanks, and a huge kudos to the work done thus far!

dl
    DL....yes...I too prefer the worn look with 'working' AC....specially camo varieties.

At the moment I'm just leaving the dirt layers off while I get the clean paints right first...

Blog Entries
    Ok - sounds promising! Good job on these!

dl

Patriots is coming along slowly....got most of the fuse worked out....the alpha and spec will be entertaining....lots of chrome...

It's done....Paul 'Sticky' Strickland's ...

Correction....Stricklands was number 4... N439DH ...so changed it to suit...

Next one...gotta work out what the bum's doing....

Slower than I thought...
    Fuse is mostly done....more to do for the wings.

Darn out of memory issues with PSP6 ....thought I'd lost the lot. Too many layers will get ya eventually...

Wings still ain't right...possibly too much white.
    Gotta find better top-down views....and find out what happens underneath...

OK...LottiCat is being a pain... still don't have a clue what happens under the wings....the topside is asymmetric as it is..

...and the root's NQR still.

So far the only US of the plane I've found is from a video of an RC model ... not an ideal reference but it's all I have so far.

Looks like the wings are mostly white...with leading edge black...and with the red/black/grey flash repeated underside.
    Shall keep googling for 'real' pics.

So far the only US of the plane I've found is from a video of an RC model ... not an ideal reference but it's all I have so far.

Looks like the wings are mostly white...with leading edge black...and with the red/black/grey flash repeated underside.
    Shall keep googling for 'real' pics.

Bit of 'artistic licence' and added some text details this one doesn't appear to have.... but it's for close-up 'bling'.

Time to find an easier one to do...

I think this'll be the first of the HD ones I upload. The details are OK enough...
    I've experimented with linework and rivets that show up in both light and dark paints...at the same time...and added a bit of dirt.

Now to tip 'em upside down and into DXT5 format....and shrink them to 2048 and see how they look...

This might become one of my favourite paints. Black and orange is a superb color combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    This might become one of my favourite paints. Black and orange is a superb color combination.
    It's one of mine too...was 'fun' to paint...

Shrank...flipped...saved to DXT5 DDS.

Ain't too bad... but still needs some post-op tweaking...some jaggies showed up [the red fuse line worked OK in 4096 but needs antialias for this size].

Removed the jaggies and gave the plane a wash....looks better squeaky-clean...

2048 DDS.

Had a close comparison [like standing on the wing] between 2048 and 4096 ... and I for one will stick with the higher res.... but I'll upload both sizes together so people can choose themselves.

Meanwhile...here's a rework to HD of an older one...that was requested by DaveB...G-BZDI...

Am trying to find one little marking...indicates canopy ejection...and is on ZU-KIM both sides....above an ejection seat triangle quaintly upside-down.

Gonna be a miracle to trip over it....

Looking at this one.. http://img.planespotters.net/media/p...Net_076792.jpg it appears to be showing the 'break here' or escape/bang areas on the canopy.. unless all three areas will blast off. Never known a windscreen blow out though so could be (and probably am) wrong!! Can't find a bigger shot of that marking but will keep looking

EDIT: This one is a little clearer.. http://www.sa-transport.co.za/aircra...ee_03_dc06.JPG

EDIT#2.. here's another variation.. http://www.sciencephoto.com/image/43...ockpit-SPL.jpg
    ATB
    DaveB

Dave.... that second one will do me....enough detail for me to draw it....ZU-KIM has the black/white ver.
    Thanks for the help...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Dave.... that second one will do me....enough detail for me to draw it....ZU-KIM has the black/white ver.
    Thanks for the help...
    No problem
    ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 3