DoughBree L-39C (FSX) - Page 19
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9111213141516171819202122232425262729 ... LastLast

Thread: DoughBree L-39C (FSX)

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Time for an easy one...on the way...

Where can we find all these great repaints ?

Quote Originally Posted by Corvette99 View Post
    I'm still hanging out for some more details from Matt that are coming....and then I'll upload all of these here. Being hi-res they really benefit from his note details [and rivets and line work]. My 'task' is to make the general painting at least half as good as what he's produced...

Quote Originally Posted by Corvette99 View Post
    Wait for Matt and Jafo to figure their stuff out and upload the paints, then wait for me to release a new basepack to have them work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Wait for Matt and Jafo to figure their stuff out and upload the paints, then wait for me to release a new basepack to have them work properly.
    Thanks for the replies ! Can't wait to get this beauty ! Keep up the good work guys !

This one just needs the notes/details relevant to US paints and it's done...[the rescue/ejector graphics aren't right yet]... from researching this one's for sale...couple of hundred thou....

This one just needs the notes/details relevant to US paints and it's done...[the rescue/ejector graphics aren't right yet]... from researching this one's for sale...couple of hundred thou....
    working on it! (well... I say I am..... my other half is! will remind her at somepoint today)

Fear not...I'm sure I can find some more versions to paint in the interim...

Just found out last night that this is the perfect airplane for flying under the influence. Not too slow, not too fast, very easy to handle and capable of some good maneuvering.
    Took it from Astoria to Yakima and dang...all the clouds...and trees...and mountains...and those beautiful clouds! Clouds...

Small update, but HOLD YOUR HORSES - nothing to do with spec and bump maps.

Fixed the smoke position, the nav aid audio selector switch and the flap selector buttons.

Also, the default flaps were...interestingly configured to say the least. The first position was "50", the second was "100". I assume that this was a well intentioned attempt at expressing flap extension in percent. Sadly enough, however, the value associated with each flap position is the extension angle in degrees. Well, 100 degrees is a quite adventurous extension angle for a flap. Positions are 20 and 40 degrees now.
    (This also fixes the excessive pitch down behaviour at full flaps.)

Link, as usual:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...ew?usp=sharing

Veterans replace the .mdl, the l39set folder and transfer their repaints to the new aircraft.cfg, beginners reinstall and ****. Not that there's any new info in there, but it won't hurt.

Just found out last night that this is the perfect airplane for flying under the influence. Not too slow, not too fast, very easy to handle and capable of some good maneuvering.
    Took it from Astoria to Yakima and dang...all the clouds...and trees...and mountains...and those beautiful clouds! Clouds...
    Glad i'm not the only one who has thought that!....

...... i never can remember that rule about flying... what was it..... 'No Smoking within 8h of flying and no alcohol drinking within 50ft'?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    Glad i'm not the only one who has thought that!....

...... i never can remember that rule about flying... what was it..... 'No Smoking within 8h of flying and no alcohol drinking within 50ft'?
    Yes....that sounds about right...

Meanwhile...found another to go all HD on ...

And that one's not right....the original paint has both camo patterns the same each side...but they're not....

Fuse is almost done....the wings are still low res...

Changed the camo to match the different left and right photos...

....and it's raining at YMML....

I was about to complain why there are no raindrops visible on the canopy. Then I took a closer look...and now I'm patting myself on the shoulder because of the subtlety of the rain texture.

Still on the tarmac....and it's getting bloody damp.....[and I can't swim].....
    But the paint's about done...

If I ever figure out what conditions must be fulfilled for glass fogging, you might have another thing to look out for when flying.

If I ever figure out what conditions must be fulfilled for glass fogging, you might have another thing to look out for when flying.
    Ah....realism to the max...

Well, the Kiwi ZK-WLM is finished save for some possible fine detail notes from Matt....

Time to look for another to do...

Might give this one a go....NX39LW Firecat ...

Ah....realism to the max...
    Shhhhh! Don't say the "r" word. It will attract people. And usually the ones that make me angry.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    That's a version of the original FS9....not native FSX....not high Res....usual glass texture issues, etc.
    ...and doesn't appear to have any references/credits to the DoughBree original.

The Firecat's proving to be the biggest pain...was all looking OK 'til I got to the intakes and found the squirly bits weren't exactly where they should be....

Got the fuse to work....now for the wings...

Little more text to do...and it's done...

Members who have read this thread: 3