DoughBree L-39C (FSX) - Page 16
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: DoughBree L-39C (FSX)

There's something in the exhaust pipe. Is that my updated model?
    Hi Bjoern,

That's smoke pipe plumbing, specifically used on the Patriots Jet Team L-39C.
    That image was taken using an updated model I worked on a few years ago. It used the same source file as you.

Quote Originally Posted by jamessx View Post
    That's smoke pipe plumbing, specifically used on the Patriots Jet Team L-39C.
    That image was taken using an updated model I worked on a few years ago. It used the same source file as you.
    Ah, I see. Is this a one-off mod or something more popular, i.e. used by all display teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Ah, I see. Is this a one-off mod or something more popular, i.e. used by all display teams?
    That particular design is specific to the Patriots... Its a one off design as far as im aware of.
    I do know of similar more generic modifications for smoke such as the following: http://www.prideaircraft.com/images/...s-01-large.jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FSPJT.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by jamessx View Post
    That particular design is specific to the Patriots... Its a one off design as far as im aware of.
    I do know of similar more generic modifications for smoke such as the following: http://www.prideaircraft.com/images/...s-01-large.jpg
    Okay. If it's one-off, I won't bother with it then.

Reworked the TPS graphics and added a few bits from another ver of the same A/C...

Another one... [still needs Matt's details/notes] nudge nudge wink....

Ah, let Matt finish when he's finished. I'm quite enjoying the lull in here as there's no nagging pressure to compile a new release.

I'll keep fiddling then....
    Here's another ver on the go...

This one's done...

....almost....forgot the pilot's name...
    It's not symmetrical...other side has different graphics

That's a very 'clean' looking paint jafo.. by that I mean tidy.. business like The latest TPS paint looks equally sharp

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    That's a very 'clean' looking paint jafo.. by that I mean tidy.. business like The latest TPS paint looks equally sharp

ATB
    DaveB
    Thanks, Dave. It all depends on how many photos you find so you get clear indication of details. When it's a HD skin [4096] you have the opportunity to get stuff detailed and clean [unpixelated] so Larry Lee's N8124N wasn't too difficult....though I still need to enlarge the 'International Jets' logo on the tip tanks.....

My next one on the go...
    Gonna take a while, though ...

That's the first I've done with a full scalping .... to set up where bits go....
    Here's the shark mouth done so far....

Kinda 'cute' in a white pointer sort of way...

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Ah, let Matt finish when he's finished. I'm quite enjoying the lull in here as there's no nagging pressure to compile a new release.
    i'm here! just been a bit busy with patch design work for Hellenic Air Force and artworks for clients....

should get back to -39C work this weekend.....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    i'm here! just been a bit busy with patch design work for Hellenic Air Force and artworks for clients....

should get back to -39C work this weekend.....
    "Clients"? If it's anything like Architecture it is they that ruin a perfectly good career...

Meanwhile....hunting for pics led me to an existing Lotus sim paint of this one...but in 1024 res ...so not as 'sharp' as what I'll end up with....

Haven't touched the tail yet...that's still the photo 'skin'....or the wings...

Got side-tracked yet again....found I'd introduced an anomaly into the fuse_t ...the right side was 3 pixels offset from all the rest of the image. Dunno where/when that happened but the fast and dirty solution was to compile the layers..export as a 'flat' image then cut and move the right fuse 3 pixels to the right..... kinda easier than adjusting every layer one at a time...

Reworked all of the squillion layers to align 'exactly'....
    Here's sharkey with a painted tail...really just the wings left to do...

That tail is disconcerting...looks like it's flapping in the wind [I guess that was the plan]...

It's done....am now revisiting several of the default critters...

The early ones I did were for the non-bump/spec model and in low res...so they're needing a redo....

Very smart indeed jafo

ATB
    DaveB

The original graphics for this paint were 1024 so they're significantly sharper but all these curves/tapers and alignment are a pain. I've so far redone it all apart from the tip tanks...they are still low-res blow-ups.
    ZU-TEE is the 'same' paint as one of the 'defaults' [Wild Child] ...so all I'll need to do is change the atc-id and add the sheila on the fin [when I dig up a high res pic of it] and I'll have another one done...

Working with the dark paint led me to rethink the spec. When you got above the clouds things were less than idea. So I rushed off and reset the TBird metal ver to see what'd happen after a redo...

Here's one of the 'defaults'....dragged screaming into 4096...
    Just the wings to do...

Members who have read this thread: 3