DoughBree L-39C (FSX) - Page 15
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718192021222325 ... LastLast

Thread: DoughBree L-39C (FSX)

I can't say I'd noticed the issue at any time before so had attributed it to the specific model.
    Either way, thanks for the heads up [needless to say it's stopped raining now]...

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    This is a known problem and there is a fix for it over at Flight1 in their free downloads section.
    That's interesting. I've had a look over there but have gone round in circles. Could you post a link to it please
    ATB
    DaveB

EDIT: Found it Ed Now to see what it does. Like all the other BK117 users who see the problem, we only see it with the BK117.. no other model.
    Last edited by DaveB; April 8th, 2015 at 00:43.

Stop. The model is FSX native and does not support FS9's rain system. Hence, the F1 rain fix will do zilch.

I'm using a custom, static rain texture for representing rain on the canopy, which is included in the latest version of the model.

Note: If the texture is present, but still not showing and you're running DX10 mode, you're out of luck as I can't support DX10.

Bjoern ...t'was my mistake...had always just been grabbing the model as it was updated...and forgot to check what was in the 'texture.shared'.

/me goes sit in the corner and wears pointy hat...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    /me goes sit in the corner and wears pointy hat...
    Wait! Let me just whack you on the fingers with this wooden ruler first. But not too heavily as you still need 'em to paint liveries. Mwahaha!

I've not tried the L-39 in the rain.. didn't want to get it wet

I did install the F1_fsx_vcrain fix mind you and it's fixed the otherwise duff Nemeth BK117

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Stop. The model is FSX native and does not support FS9's rain system. Hence, the F1 rain fix will do zilch.
    I'm using a custom, static rain texture for representing rain on the canopy, which is included in the latest version of the model.

Note: If the texture is present, but still not showing and you're running DX10 mode, you're out of luck as I can't support DX10.
    Yep, my mistake!

I've lost the plot here. The Nemeth BK117 is also FSX native.. it's their latest model!! The F1_fsx.vcrainfix fixed the problem with that. I don't see where FS9 rain effects comes into it. I don't run DX10 either.

Never mind.. I'm sure you know what you're talking about
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I've lost the plot here. The Nemeth BK117 is also FSX native.. it's their latest model!! The F1_fsx.vcrainfix fixed the problem with that. I don't see where FS9 rain effects comes into it. I don't run DX10 either.

Never mind.. I'm sure you know what you're talking about
    ATB
    DaveB
    Dave...when Bjoern was releasing updates of his model reworking to become FSX native one of the updates included VC rain effects which also required the use of the included bitmaps for the texture.shared folder of the L39. I hadn't added those images to my install so things went screwy in the rain.

If a plane in your install has issues with rain effects and isn't supposed to [being native] then it could be a similar reason...missing graphics. If that patch thingie worked for it then it may mean the model wasn't as entirely 'native' as it could be.

BTW...my L39 now gets happily wet...and I'm not using the patch...

Right on fella

Not wanting to drag this OT any further.. Nemeth denied there was a problem at all yet more than a few of us saw it. By way of a quick test.. I installed it on my old WinXP PC which is also FSXA.. the glass was fine in rainy/foggy conditions so why it played up on my Win7 Ultimate PC remains a mystery. I've posted a link to the fix over at Nemeth so at least ONE of the MANY bugs with the 117 can be put to bed.

BOT
    ATB
    DaveB

I've not tried the L-39 in the rain.. didn't want to get it wet
    It's eben hot washable without shrinking!

It all depends on how you're going to do your rain system in the model file. It could very well be that the BK117 uses the default FS9 portover bitmaps in its own rain system.

Cheers Bjoern I find it hard to believe (though not impossible) that the 117 could use FS9 portovers as a) they've not made an FS9 model for years and b) it only affects this model.. I have all their others. Anyway.. that's by the by

Right.. as the 39 is guaranteed hot washable and shrink free.. I'll take her out in the wet now

ATB
    DaveB

Cheers Bjoern I find it hard to believe (though not impossible) that the 117 could use FS9 portovers as a) they've not made an FS9 model for years and b) it only affects this model.. I have all their others. Anyway.. that's by the by

Right.. as the 39 is guaranteed hot washable and shrink free.. I'll take her out in the wet now

ATB
    DaveB
    Hey...no-one said anything about 'hot washable'.... it might shrink...and end up a L19.5 single seater...

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    All these nice pretty birds and colors and not one Cuban paint lol, off to the Sugar Cane Fields with you lol.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    All these nice pretty birds and colors and not one Cuban paint lol, off to the Sugar Cane Fields with you lol.
    "He who does not paint, shall not complain."
    - Bjoern 14:21

lol! From the ancient "Book of Bjoern"

I'm sure I'll be able to dig up something Cuban....

Cigar, perhaps...

Still messing around until Matt's details are available...

No complaints. I'll have plenty of time to wreck and dent it around NAS Key West Besides I broke ya 737 lol.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire

The start of something Cuban...

Hi Guys,

Looking good Jafo! here's a repaint I have done awhile ago...

Cheers,
    Jamessx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N454WF.jpg  

Here's the Cuban....probably needs more research re details....but quick and dirty...

Your Cuban AF one is almost dead on, check out the upside down blue star center triangle. Besides that typical scheme a few of the active one's I've encountered RW are Carib scheme.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01 Cuba AF Aero L-39C.jpg  

Looking at your photo it looks like I need to stick my paint out in the sun to bleach for a few years/decades...

Edit.....sun's quite strong down under....

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Besides I broke ya 737 lol.
    "He who can not fly airliners shalt go back to training or be whipped."
    - Bjoern 1:14

Quote Originally Posted by jamessx View Post

Looking good Jafo! here's a repaint I have done awhile ago...
    There's something in the exhaust pipe. Is that my updated model?

Members who have read this thread: 3