DoughBree L-39C (FSX) - Page 14
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: DoughBree L-39C (FSX)

right.... time to do the wing decals for the Czech and VVS birds!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    erm..... dare i say "have fun?"
    FLUGSIMULATOR IST REALISMUS UND KEIN SPASS! REALISMUS! REALISMUS ÜBER ALLES, MEIN FÜHRER!

(Translating that shouldn't be too hard. Teeeheee!)

no fun?! but i'm having fun with these markings! please don't send me to the salt mines!

old style (white outline roundels) markings done for the Czech variant, all fuselage decals on along with wing decals.... now.... back to finishing the VVS one for the Commissar!

no fun?! but i'm having fun with these markings! please don't send me to the salt mines!
    Salz mines?! Ve only have V2 mines!

(Okay, that's getting too dark now...better stop right here.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Salz mines?! Ve only have V2 mines!

(Okay, that's getting too dark now...better stop right here.)
    i'll admit to having a dark humour level so that made me laugh!

just finishing the BBC (Sorry.... VVS, BBC means 'Военно-воздушные cилы' and is technically the 'correct' title) decals now.... just wing upper and lowers to do then i'm going to get going on the English

ok.... and that's the Russian Markings fit fully done now too now..... I can sleep!... finally!

Hi Guys,

I've just installed the L39, and it looks very good.

The model is looking for a texture called DDS (no extension) - is it OK use a dummy texture instead?

Cheers

ok.... and that's the Russian Markings fit fully done now too now..... I can sleep!... finally!

No you don't....not till you send me all of those details...

Found a bit of 'legit' 'nose-art' [though it's on the fin]...and where I'm at with other text/details ...

Quote Originally Posted by aroebl View Post
    The model is looking for a texture called DDS (no extension) - is it OK use a dummy texture instead?
    I don't understand the problem.

Sounds like a dodgy download.. and something's 'missing', though there shouldn't be an error-call for a 'dds'...that's a file suffix.
    Meanwhile, I think I'm happy with the metal...alphas and spec. Can't find [as yet] some clean 'albatros' text for the tip tanks [or its font], and am still hanging out for Matt's notes details. Then I'll be able to churn out some hi-res paints..

Finally got around to trying the update. Great job Bjoern! A fantastic update to a classic FS2004 design. Many thanks!!!
    Cheers,
    Dave

Mocha Hagotdi.

("Making our customers happy and having a good time doing it". With the mild exception that I never have a good time when developing. *Chuckle*)

Tweaked my metal finishes....still hanging out for Matt's text details...

I do have to say that the TB paint does look better on bare metal...and the L-39.

Getting a white painted finish to look 'right' is harder than the metal. I have a feeling 255,255,255 doesn't behave will in spec...possibly needs to be a bit off-white...

Needless to say the weather clouded over and got me on the wrong track...

Pure black or white is always problematic with spec maps (that's why I never use it as a base color for fuselages). Try 235, 235, 235.

Pure black or white is always problematic with spec maps (that's why I never use it as a base color for fuselages). Try 235, 235, 235.
    Yep...already pulled it back to 240...

Still messing with the spec...

Matt is still working on the default liveries and decals, right?

Matt is still working on the default liveries and decals, right?
    Appears so. I haven't heard from him re them since he'd done such a great job on the linework and rivets...)

But meanwhile I'm honing my layers to suit the HD res properly and as accurately as is possible...

Found a 'minor' issue with the model [using the bump/spec one, of course]...
    Seems the L39 is not an all-weather aircraft. When it rains the canopy is a not very translucent green from the outside....and a totally black non transparent from the VC.
    Climbing out of the rain cures it...

Don't worry.. the payware Nemeth BK117 is the same At least the L39 is free

ATB
    DaveB

This is a known problem and there is a fix for it over at Flight1 in their free downloads section.

Members who have read this thread: 3