DoughBree L-39C (FSX) - Page 13
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: DoughBree L-39C (FSX)

• Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
      Jafo, just sent you a PM with the new lines and Rivets
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post

i've been working on this girl.... complete with Russian Decals, Still got to do the East German, Czech and English decal fits for it yet (and the step markings!)
    That paint 'lighting' looks great...
    I'm in the throes of looking into what you sent me. Thanks for those....

if you want the Russian Decal fit just let me know and i'll sort that later today

Wow!!!!! Brilliant.
    Now I need to convert everything in my 'kit' to 4096 to suit.

This'll take a while...

if you want the Russian Decal fit just let me know and i'll sort that later today
    Yes, please...

A very early update to 'full' 4096 resolution details... porting across from 2048 means 'fuzzy' so there will be a lot of reworking to do....

Note....wings are still 1024.

Yo Matt, are you also adapting the default paints?

If so, I could throw all of them out and replace them with yours.

I could but it would take some time....

currently working on the Czech decals which are taking a little longer than i would like.... still got German and English to do afterwards, then i can start really hammering out schemes

I could but it would take some time....
    Well, I'll be here...

currently working on the Czech decals which are taking a little longer than i would like.... still got German and English to do afterwards, then i can start really hammering out schemes
    The LSK one is here:
    http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Emblem_of_aircraft_of_NVA_%28East_Germany%29 .svg

And I think I still have a decal set for the tactial numbers somewhere...

- Edit:
    Yup, found it. Do you need it?

Bjoern.... I'll ultimately be adapting the default ones...just as soon as I've converted what I've been doing so far to 4096. It's a slow road, though. Currently I'm converting my TBird paint as that can be used for 2 vers [white-real and metal-fantasy]...and by which time the alphas and other details will be in place.

Biggest challenge is to maintain the standard set by Matt's work...

Take whatever time you need, I won't be running away.

And don't worry about standards. This is freeware, so anything goes.

I think i have the Tac numbers myself somewhere (have used them in the past on custom decals for plastic models, so i'm sure they're lurking somewhere!)

Still 'just' on the TBird Fuse...but here it is in 4096...using Matt's lines and rivets to align things [cos they look right].
    Wing paint hasn't changed yet. Takes time when you 'scratch-build' intake warnings, etc...

Almost 'done' with the 4096 conversion for this paint....[hoping Matt will do all the small text 'notes' so I don't have to].. chasing up actual text info is a pain...unless you have an L39 hiding in your backyard...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    ...unless you have an L39 hiding in your backyard...
    darn it! how did you know?!

yeah Czech Markings should be done tonight, fortunately the German ones had fewer markings and the English text 'export' aircraft seem to have even less!

If the LSK one doesn't come with a "Q" (quality maintenance) decal, I won't fly it.

On the other hand...scratch that. Non-quality maintenance would explain the low time to failure for the aircraft systems much better!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    If the LSK one doesn't come with a "Q" (quality maintenance) decal, I won't fly it.
    Since at 4096 you can read the 'notes' I'll put one on the top somewhere that reads 'this way up' ...

Still trying to align the TBird 'bird' graphic on the U/S a little better...and the notes and ladder markings are still original low res.
    Matt's lines/rivets are more accurately placed than the original paintkit which had somewhat dodgy centerlines.... so the bird needs more tweaking...

Edit... TBird painting is done ... and got the spec to look better. Just little details left....

Last edited by Jafo; March 24th, 2015 at 18:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Since at 4096 you can read the 'notes' I'll put one on the top somewhere that reads 'this way up' ...
    Haha, I do that stuff, too!

Working on a retexture of the F27 at the moment and as I am too lazy to look up reference material or photos, the circuit breakers panel has a "Something something blah blah" label. Not much of an area you tend to examine closely anyway. In the 737, there's a fairly obstructed selector knob that I've just labeled "This - that - nope - nada" or something along those lines.

Perhaps extracts of War and Peace would do as 'notes'....haven't done anything about those [hint - Matt]...
    But here's a 'real' ver of the TBirds paint ... though as always you discover more than one variation...ie. the one with the blue spine and leader's star circle on the tail....maybe another ver to do...

i get the hint.... things have been hectic here recently, staring down a deadline on a couple of profile art pieces.... the joys of my day job!

I've done all the bits re the ladder/steps and rescue levers [mostly]...but ultimately there are so many versions...depending on nationality, etc for the notes in general...

decided to redo the Czech ones as i wasn't happy with my V1.0 ones... so am about 33% redone on those lotsa little fiddly things
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cz.jpg  

I'll just twiddle thumbs and hang out for yours...

Meanwhile I've found a few other paints to do...

fun part comes as i've still to do the English and German markings (including that 'Q' for Quality passed sticker (or as an ex-East German Army friend of mine said "Vague amounts of Quality is there"! ))

The east german paints are going to be a bit of a pickle, because they only had the -ZA (four hardpoints, gunsight, structural differences) and -V (target tug). The latter version is quite intriguing to model, but ugh....so...many...necessary...changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    The east german paints are going to be a bit of a pickle, because they only had the -ZA (four hardpoints, gunsight, structural differences) and -V (target tug). The latter version is quite intriguing to model, but ugh....so...many...necessary...changes.
    erm..... dare i say "have fun?"

Members who have read this thread: 3