DoughBree L-39C (FSX) - Page 12
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: DoughBree L-39C (FSX)

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Well, there you go....easier than I thought.
    There's a square graphic I couldn't work out what it was supposed to do. Now I know.
    All's well.... though I'm sure I'd already checked it....must have been a cache reload issue that didn't repaint it when I checked last time.
    Now the 'holes' are black and look so much better...
    Well damn. I've just uploaded a new revision with fixed ducts (now the black square on L39_Misc), lol.

Hold everything....just gonna throw myself on a sword...and/or under a truck....
    Mia culpa....
    Be nice....it's now Friday night...aka red wine night...and I'm seeing triple...

Where can I get this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Hold everything....just gonna throw myself on a sword...and/or under a truck....
    Mia culpa....
    Be nice....it's now Friday night...aka red wine night...and I'm seeing triple...
    Still no excuse until you're almost comatose.

Quote Originally Posted by goshawk45 View Post
    Where can I get this one?
    By reading this thread.

Jafo, to preserve your current paints 'as are' i'm going to knock together a set of flat bump and speculars.... i'm still sending myself blind with rivets, but should hopefully have the base work done on my kit by Monday or Tuesday evening

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    Jafo, to preserve your current paints 'as are' i'm going to knock together a set of flat bump and speculars.... i'm still sending myself blind with rivets, but should hopefully have the base work done on my kit by Monday or Tuesday evening

Matt....I'm just hanging out for your new line and rivet work.....and looking forward to revising all my painting to suit...

I'm 'playing' with the spec experimental model....
    Strangely the U/S [in shadow] doesn't look too bad....but the sunny side is dark. I know I'm 'Downunder' but the sun 'should' work the same way here as on the top of the planet...

The panel cowl looks like it's facing the sun ok...hence it's bright.

That's the ground below me...near YMML ...and the sun is up on top somewhere....the shadowing is inverted, it seems - though the fuse casts onto the wings ok...

Here's the 'same' paint...on the original non-spec model at the same spot and same 'time'...behaving under-the-sun...

ahh the darker could be as it doesn't have a bump map, try putting on a grey specular map (Fuse_S filename) and i'll try and rapidly get these flat bump maps out to you withing the next couple of hours....

Hi,

Im quiet enjoying this plane. only issue I can see is that the course knob doesnt move the needles on the HSI.

Thanks for all your efforts
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

ahh the darker could be as it doesn't have a bump map, try putting on a grey specular map (Fuse_S filename) and i'll try and rapidly get these flat bump maps out to you withing the next couple of hours....
    Bump 'shouldn't' affect it ....tried a plain mid grey spec...both norm and trans...and get the same thing... the underside of the air intake sidepods is lighter than the topside where the sun is...
    My guess is the spec is inverted in the experimental model [if that's actually possible]...

strange jafo...... i seem to have the thing behaving..... this is with a flat bump map and pure white specular over a grey base.... but no bump on the wings and they look a lot darker and strange....

OK...I may yet get a handle on this one....juggling everything to reproduce the metal is 'entertaining'.
    Am yet to detail the specs to suit painted vs metalics....

Edit....

Looking better....

i've been getting my kit through the phases, still got to introduce some surface rippling and other bumped areas but it's getting there.... still got the tip tanks to do! (ok and the decalwork, 'rippled' areas......)

Looking good.

The experimental model doesn't have a fresnel ramp applied, by the way. Could

Quote Originally Posted by mjrhealth View Post
    only issue I can see is that the course knob doesnt move the needles on the HSI.
    It moves the entire disk.

Set NAV frequency -> turn disk with HSI knob until the vertical needle is in the middle -> fly heading indicated by the marker

'could' sounds worth a try

i'm now onto the various national decal fits.... Czech, East German, Russian and English.... plenty of them but i'll be up all night working on those... no rest for the wicked!

That's what you get for multitasking...

If you need fresnel ramp support on the model, say it.

i think it's fine at the moment, but i can see where it could be fun to have... so your call i'd say

Set NAV frequency -> turn disk with HSI knob until the vertical needle is in the middle -> fly heading indicated by the marker
    Thanks ill pay more attention. looking better all the time.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

'could' sounds worth a try

i'm now onto the various national decal fits.... Czech, East German, Russian and English.... plenty of them but i'll be up all night working on those... no rest for the wicked!
    I'm still hanging out for your rivets/panel lines so I can rework all my layers to match...

ahh yes.... i'll get the rivets and lines onto a new PSD sheet along with the bump maps i'm still fiddling with

ahh yes.... i'll get the rivets and lines onto a new PSD sheet along with the bump maps i'm still fiddling with
    What's the bet it'll be a 'modern' PSD that I can't convert. I use [mostly] PSP as I've used Paintshop Pro since way back around version 3...more than 20 years ago.
    The original released paintkit was a pain to convert hence my preoccupation with repaints....

Heading

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Looking good.

The experimental model doesn't have a fresnel ramp applied, by the way. Could

Hi had another look, plenty of time long flight. The Heading knob although when cursor placed over it will indicate heading teh actual disk does not move. The disk only moves when the plane changes course. The heading the cursor shows is not correct the only way i can get AP to fly correct heading is with my android. Changing heading using the knob in the plane does not change the plane heading nor the heading indiacted on my android where as if i change the heading on the android the plane flies correctly. Hope i havnt confused anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by mjrhealth View Post
    Hi had another look, plenty of time long flight. The Heading knob although when cursor placed over it will indicate heading teh actual disk does not move. The disk only moves when the plane changes course. The heading the cursor shows is not correct the only way i can get AP to fly correct heading is with my android. Changing heading using the knob in the plane does not change the plane heading nor the heading indiacted on my android where as if i change the heading on the android the plane flies correctly. Hope i havnt confused anyone.
    Autopilot modes and operation are explained in the manual.

Jafo, just sent you a PM with the new lines and Rivets

i've been working on this girl.... complete with Russian Decals, Still got to do the East German, Czech and English decal fits for it yet (and the step markings!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-3-22_23-19-9-181.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 3