freeware hawaiian airports #3 available
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: freeware hawaiian airports #3 available

freeware hawaiian airports #3 available

George Keogh's follow up to his outstanding hawaiian airports #1 and #2 is available.

this time included:

PHUP Upolu
    PHMU Waimea
    PAK Port Allen
    HI01 Princeville

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php...or=&CatID=root

Excellent!

All of his sceneries are very high quality, and it looks like I'll be doing a lot of flying in Hawaii in the near future!

Just installed PT 3 and this guy really made some outstanding professional scenery. I too, will be enjoying flying in the beauty of the Hawaiian Islands.

I went on a mission last night and installed parts 1 & 2, along with the plus version of the photoreal islands from Hawaii Photoreal, Kauai by Ironhand, plus the buildings and trees for Maui & Molokai from avsim. So I was pretty pleased last night to see this post about this new pack of airports!

It's worth noting that this pack includes an elevation fix for PHBK Barking Sands, as well as some autogen trees for the Big Island and Kauai. Had an elevation issue at PHUP on the new pack though.

The combination of these amazingly good airport packs, great photoreal and autogen... I'm seriously in tropical flying bliss right now!!

Many thanks to George for creating these great airports!
    Jim Stewart

Hawaiian Airports #3 is nice however, when I was flying off shore at Upopu PHUP I did notice a little elevation of where the surf meets the shore line. Water flows up to shore.

#3 is terrific! I hope there will be a #4!! (and a 5, 6, 7, etc!!) THANK YOU, George!! Nice work!!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    #3 is terrific! I hope there will be a #4!! (and a 5, 6, 7, etc!!) THANK YOU, George!! Nice work!!

Don
    Agreed that 3 is terrific, but not sure what would be encompassed by four more editions other than Wheeler and Bradshaw AAF.

If you consider Mr. Keogh's three packages, FSDreamteam's Hawaii series, and Aerosoft's Dillingham, we have extremely detailed custom airport scenery for the following airports:

1. Princeville
    2. Port Allen
    3. Barking Sands
    4. Lihue
    5. Kalaeloa/Barbers Point
    6. Ford Island
    7. Dillingham
    8. Kaneohe
    9. Honolulu
    10. Molokai
    11. Kaluapapa
    12. Kapalua-West Maui
    13. Kahului
    14. Hana
    15. Lanai
    16. Upolu
    17. Waimea-Kohala
    18. Kona-Keahole
    19. Hilo

Wow....all that's missing are the two AAFs, and potentially a few ranch strips which may not even exist anymore.

Which one of those three scenery's is the PHNL Honolulu in?

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Which one of those three scenery's is the PHNL Honolulu in?
    FSDreamteam. They have Honolulu Intl as a standalone product. They also have Kahului, Kona, Hilo, and Lihue split between two other products.

George Keogh's airports & some freeware photoreal scenery...

HI01 Princeville, Kauai:

JHM Kapalua West, Maui:

PHMU Waimea, Big Island:

PAK Port Allen, Kauai:

With Hawaii Photoreal by Javier Trinidad, Kauai by Ironhand. Also with Alabeo Robinson R66, Cantu Embraer 120, ISDT Beechcraft 200, and default Caravan.

PHUP Upolu, Big Island.

Upolu shore line looks mostly ok to me, with or without mesh...

I wish I could darken the ocean... This coral reef blue is ridiculous here (default FSX tropical water)...
    Is there a tweak (I use DX10 and Steve's fixer) or alternate dark water texture?

PHBK Barking Sands, Kauai, with Wozza's Texan:

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Try the FS Water Configurator...
    Thanks Sean! Will try... One last screenshot, RealAir Duke @ Princeville: ORBX quality at freeware price...

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I'd love to see a nice PHNL Freeware scenery for FSX/P3D plus KLAS.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

i Miss a good Wheeler AAF (PHHI), there is nothing on the Net 😞

Quote Originally Posted by vonstroheim View Post
    PHUP Upolu, Big Island.

Upolu shore line looks mostly ok to me, with or without mesh...

I wish I could darken the ocean... This coral reef blue is ridiculous here (default FSX tropical water)...
    Is there a tweak (I use DX10 and Steve's fixer) or alternate dark water texture?

PHBK Barking Sands, Kauai, with Wozza's Texan:
    How did you manage to get the shoreline (water) to where it doesn't look like it is flowing from a lower to higher elevation.
    See my Pic ^ (#5)

Great

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails upolo.jpg   hawaii.jpg  

Some nice pics there!

My issues with PHUP isn't to do with the shoreline, it's that there's an elevation issue on the airport itself, much like PHBK had before the fix (which was nicely included in this pack!).
    Jim Stewart

Hawaiian Airports #3 is nice however, when I was flying off shore at Upopu PHUP I did notice a little elevation of where the surf meets the shore line. Water flows up to shore.

I sent George an email with attached photo and asked him if he knew what is causing this. I had all 3 photoreal freeware sceneries installed then removed them to see if that
    was the problem, even after I took out the Photoreal sceneries the issue remains.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheusfz View Post
    i Miss a good Wheeler AAF (PHHI), there is nothing on the Net 

I agree , Wheeler AAF has a long history and maybe George can work some of his talent and do it proud .
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

How did you manage to get the shoreline (water) to where it doesn't look like it is flowing from a lower to higher elevation?
    Same abnormality here... but you can say to yourself that it's the waves crashing on the cliff in very slow motion, and live with it...

A better mesh could help, or an evevation fix maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Try the FS Water Configurator...
    Too bad, the FS Water Configurator is not DX10 compatible. Yet. FSWC Lite is DX10 compatible, but there is no control over water darkness.

I'm playing a bit with Steve's DX10 fixer, and it seems to work somewhat...

Default FSX water with DX10 on:

With some tweaks in the water shader interface: sky reflexion max 20% sky reflexion min 15% ambiant light 75%

Scenery: Bellows AFB (abandoned) from MegaSceneryX Hawaii (Honolulu and the island of Oahu)

Quote Originally Posted by vonstroheim View Post
    Too bad, the FS Water Configurator is not DX10 compatible. Yet. FSWC Lite is DX10 compatible, but there is no control over water darkness.
    The new version of FS Water Configurator is compatible with DirectX 10 and does let you control both the saturation and brightness, among other new adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    Some nice pics there!

My issues with PHUP isn't to do with the shoreline, it's that there's an elevation issue on the airport itself, much like PHBK had before the fix (which was nicely included in this pack!).
    An update to my own issues: I discovered that disabling the altitude 'corrections' provided by FTX Vector fixed PHUP perfectly for me. I'd forgotten all about those!!

I'm off to fly
    Jim Stewart

Awesome work again, I'm on my way to Hawaii, currently at Cook Islands slowly moving my way across. With these three packs i'll have to stay exploring for a good while!

cheers,
    Lewis

Hi,
    Extremely nice scenery (plus)!
    I installed to a strictly default Acceleration and encountered several problems however.
    I created individual folders for each of the three airport packs and had errors when extracting the following files to the appropriate locations:

passenger2.dds
    PHMK_Apron_2.dds

Photo_PHJR_2Apron.bgl
    3Photo_PAK_west.bgl
    Photo_PHMU1.bgl

Photo_HI01_1.bgl

This is a typical error indication.

I have both Gold and the Steam versions installed and had the same problems with each. If anyone has these files successfully installed please let me know. I may have problems with the zip files I downloaded.
    Thanks, Jim F.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hawaii error.JPG  

Members who have read this thread: 2