ABACUS C-2 prop spin

Thread: ABACUS C-2 prop spin

ABACUS C-2 prop spin

I am experiencing an unusually long prop spin down time with the Abacus C-2. After shutdown, the blade will eventually slow down (about 45 sec ~) then when it just about comes to a halt
    it will start to rotate in the opposite direction for awhile. It looks like it is trying to start up but the blades are spinning in the opposite direction; it eventually stops but that is way too long
    for turbo prop blade to come to a dead stop.

Any one else experience this and maybe know of a fix for this?

Thanks in advance.

BTW I tried adjusting the PROP MOI and that didn't phase it at all.

Hey! Maybe this thread from two yrs ago might help? I did a search on Google, and this popped up! NC

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Prop-animation

A fix for the excessive shutdown prop spin

I found a fix for the excessive blade spin after engine shutdown.

In the C-2/E-2 aircraft.cfg file add the following to each flightsim.xx entry.

prop_anim_ratio = 0.0

I changed the value a little which will stop the blade rather quick but after the full stop it will rotate just a tad then stop

prop_anim_ratio = 0.001

It works for me.

Prop spin down is primarily controlled in the .Air file in the per cylinder friction graph. This set of entries controls internal friction vrs RPM. More friction at the lower end, the faster the engine winds down. Different sim versions can calculate this differently. A plane optimized for one version may not work as well for another.

Cheers. Tom

Members who have read this thread: 0