JF Canberra in P3D v2.4

Thread: JF Canberra in P3D v2.4

JF Canberra in P3D v2.4

Hello,

I've asked this already at JF support, but I was hoping that someone here would be able to help me.

I've recently ditched FSX altogether, and reïnstalled it in P3D v2.4. Installation went ok, but when I try to fly it, I have no instruments in the VC and the nose cone and horizontal stabilizers are missing.

So my questions are:

- has anyone experienced this?
    - does anyone have a fix for this?

Take care,

Dumonceau

Did you run the installer or did you copy over the files from FSX ? The problem you describe happens when the product is not properly registered or runs in demo mode. I have both FSX and P3Dv2.4, all my addons are installed in FSX (My P3D SimObjects folder is a symbolic link into FSX SimObjects), Canberra is running OK.
    Also, you must install the plane in the SimObjects\Airplanes folder (they hardcoded that path in the gauges).
    My only gripe with this otherwise superb plane is that it is spitting out packets like crazy from looping key events, which makes it useless for online flying. The faulty coding is in a .gau file so without the source there is no way to fix it.

Hi Henk!

I've installed it from the installer! I'll rerun the installer and will report back!

Cheers,

Dumonceau

Reinstalled the Canberra, no joy...

I'm currently doing a repair of P3D so that simconnect is fully installed...

I wonder what JF will reply!

Dumonceau

Blog Entries
    Yes, I've had this problem with the Canberra and P3D after a complete re install, and it had me stumped for a while. I read several reference's to it, one of which suggested that running a registry cleaner could be responsible. I uninstalled the aircraft, re started the computer then re installed it (I'm not sure, but I may have had to do this a couple of times) then everything came good. I haven't run a Reg clean since, I'm not sure if I dare!

Good Luck,

Ian

While searching the Canberra JF support page for something else, I came across this:

Parts of the Aircraft are missing in Prepar3D V2
    Prepar3D V2 does not install simconnect by default. This aircraft uses smconnect and if it is not available parts may fail to display correctly.
    If simconnect is not installed then You need to Install the Simconnect.dll that is in the Prepar3d/redist/interface/fsx-sp2-xpack/retail/lib folder.

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    While searching the Canberra JF support page for something else, I came across this:

Prepar3D V2 does not install simconnect by default. This aircraft uses smconnect and if it is not available parts may fail to display correctly.
    If simconnect is not installed then You need to Install the Simconnect.dll that is in the Prepar3d/redist/interface/fsx-sp2-xpack/retail/lib folder.
    Aha! thanks Henk!!

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post

Thanks for that. Very useful.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Thanks for that. Very useful.

Dave
    Indeed very usefull!! Thanks to Henk and the stellar support of JF (Martyn), I've now got the gorgeous Canberra working again in P3D!

Thanks guys!

Dumonceau

Members who have read this thread: 0