Earth Simulations gone!?

Thread: Earth Simulations gone!?

Earth Simulations gone!?

Just saw a thread over at Flightsim.com com stating that Earth Simulations has ceased trading. Going to their website you're faced with the message:

We regret to inform you that Earth Simulations Ltd has ceased trading

Sad news indeed.

Very sad indeed. I recently bought their stunning Isle of Mann scenery and am blown away by it. I know it takes an incredible amount of time to create these masterpieces.

Lyn

Thanks for the heads up.

Very sorry to hear this!

I picked up their excellent Alderney scenery for a pound the other week whilst it was on offer, but never downloaded or installed it.

However, the good news is the ESI installer is still working, and I am currently in the process of making an ESI installer pack so I can install it in the future.

Cheers

Paul

"He took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots..."

Quote Originally Posted by cajj1 View Post
    Thanks for that.

As usual, it seems a number of factors are the reason for trading ceasing, but I can't help wonder if the new EU VAT rules were the final nail in the coffin for ES, on top of everything else.

And given that the developers were spending long working hours for little financial gain, and that their health has suffered as a result, it's easy to see why they decided to call it a day.

Cheers

Paul

It seems that this VAT policy thing is doing rampage in everybody´s business....
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

I think you're right Flavio and I intend to make my deductions known on a political forum, but let's keep any politics out of our FsX forum.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Bradburger View Post
    Thanks for the heads up.

Very sorry to hear this!

I picked up their excellent Alderney scenery for a pound the other week whilst it was on offer, but never downloaded or installed it.

However, the good news is the ESI installer is still working, and I am currently in the process of making an ESI installer pack so I can install it in the future.

Cheers

Paul
    A wise move but I'm still not sure how this will impact on any future install. Making an ESI Pack simply means you don't have to download the scenery again.. useful in the case of the IoM. To install scenery from an ESI Pack.. you still have to connect to ESI which.. unless the process has changed.. automatically checks to see if there have been updates. I have all their scenery sets (except the failed Scotland Hi-Res area which I was never going to buy) including one.. the Isles of Scilly on DVD. You can't even install that without going through the ESI process.. I've never been able to anyway!!

I'm sorry to see they've folded but I've always thought that aiming at a Hi-Res (higher res) Scotland was folly and emailed Darren to say so. ES are famous for their island sceneries and there are many more around the UK that could have been done.

ATB
    DaveB

I would of eventually purchased the higher resolution scenery but it was being released in small sections at a time and as I have all of there other scenery packages and all of the rest of the uk covered with horizon gen x photos scenery I wanted to convert a larger area in one hit.
    Very sad news.
    I7 3700k @ 4.5 ghz, 2 x 8 gig 2133ghz ram, Evga gtx 780 classified, samsung 840 pro 250 gig ssd for op system, Win 7 64 bit ultimate, Samsung 840 evo for fsx photo scenery, 600 gig wd velocraptor for fsx, creative XFI fatality sound card.

Sad news

Very sad to read this!!
    I have bought many of their addons and in my opinion they are in many ways one of most beautiful and complete sceneries!!!
    Lets hope the very best for every member of the earth simulations team.

Very sad to read this news. Earth Simulations produced the best scenery in the business and their recent NW Scotland release took scenery development to a whole new level.

Thanks to Darren and Vikki for their immense contribution to the hobby and wider community. Good luck to them for the future and I hope their love of simming is rekindled along the road.

the Isle of Man scenery was on my list to buy. Guess I'll have to order a DVD from overseas(if that is still possible?).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 4