Flying the Line - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Flying the Line

Nice flight to I'm not sure where, Canada.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flight 19-2015-may-9-001.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Nice flight to CYRI and I finally got away from the snow covered ground. I was beginning to think it wouldn't melt off until mid-July. Decided that I need to get back to "railroading". Next stop, Montreal!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flight 19-2015-may-10-002.jpg   Flight 19-2015-may-10-001.jpg  

Hey there! lots of heavy haze on this flight until we were starting down into CYRI and then it cleared. I knew it was a trap! Expecting heavy fog on approach, but it stayed clear for uneventful landings.

Great flight last night. We were flying along towards St Hubert in Montreal when ATC contacted us and apparently he didn't know Flight 19's well deserved reputation for just totally ignoring air traffic controllers. After a while of us either ignoring him or giving totally stupid answers, he closed the tower and went home. Then as it was getting into dusk, most of my gauges went dark. Not sure what was up with that, but you'd think the owner of the A-26 that I.. ahem.. "borrowed" them from would have put a sign on his panel about that trick.

CYHU was in a thick fog and I couldn't see the runway lights until I was literally right on top of them. I ended up making a hot landing at about 115kts. Anyway, off to AutoZone for some new brake pads......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flight 19-2015-may-12-001.jpg   Flight 19-2015-may-12-002.jpg   Flight 19-2015-may-12-003.jpg   Flight 19-2015-may-12-004.jpg  

Hi folks, just a few snaps of last nights flight. Only thing I can say is I am sure tired of the bloody bad weather.

Apparently I forgot to load the camera last night and had to grad the last shot off of clipboard. Great flight at dusk and gave me a chance to see how the new install is working at night. Only hitch was that whoever picked the airfield, should have got one that has lights on the runway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nightfall.jpg  

The weather cleared up some what along the flight path, and we got to see some of the country side which on this junket is a big deal. The weather has been a little on bad side for most of the flights in Canada. Been kind of worried about flying over all the water, and making an unsked water landing, but Old Dudley remained me that with all the corn dog stick on board we would float for sometime. hehe, this plane would sink like a rock!

Hey all, one picture today. This was taken at Mountain View, Canada as Flight 19 was preparing for the flight to CYSB.

And another enroute to CYSB...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flight 19-2015-may-14-001.jpg  

Don't complain! Almost 50 years ago I flew into Mountain View in a C150 and the weather was worse. Spent a day and night at the Picton Flying Club waiting for the fog to clear

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Hehe, the weather was just great for a change flying over Lake Huron to CYZR.

Good morning! All I can say about last nights flight it was very interesting. All in all a good flight.

Lost my film when I took the C-46 swimming in the lake on final. I'm starting to think a radalt would be a good addition. Or at least a co-pilot who can read off the altitude without falling asleep....

Here we are again! Dudley and I took off early in the AM for CYXZ, evidently, they had an real emergency there and needed the corn dog wooden sticks we are carrying. It sure looked like we were flying all by ourselves, but Mr. Willy caught up with us. And off we flew into the wild, and I mean wild, blue yonder.

I got a bit of a late start due to a heated discussion with airport management. Seems that due to it's size, they seemed to think that I should pay double parking fees for the Commando and they didn't have it in writing anywhere. Sounded like a shakedown attempt to me and I refused to pay, so I hopped in the big Curtiss and taxied to the runway and headed out in pursuit of Taco.

Nice flight and I've about got the gauges sorted out for night time use now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flight 19-2015-may-17-001.jpg  

Nice early morning flight from Wawa to Thunder Bay.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flight 19-2015-may-19-002.jpg   Flight 19-2015-may-19-005.jpg   Flight 19-2015-may-19-006.jpg   Flight 19-2015-may-19-007.jpg  

Good Morning,(I think)Here is a photo of Dudley and I flying into the wilds of Canada some time after four AM, shucks, I shouldn't even be out of bed at this time. Ah....what can we say, being pilots of Flight 19

Hello!Here are a few snaps of the flight 19 flight of last night. Kind of strange, I thought maybe some where along the line I made the wrong turn and ended up in Kansas, USA. The scenery we flew over sure looked like the US Midwest, flat land, and many a farm along the route. But, we are in Saskatchwan, Canada. Lots of wheat grown in this area, and as we heard lots of Redcoats also. Thankful none of those Redcoats met us at the airport! hehe

Still plugging along heading west across Canada. Made it to Saskatoon CYXE tonight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flight 19-2015-may-26-001.jpg   Flight 19-2015-may-26-002.jpg  

CYRM tonight. We're sneaking up on some largish hills between us and the coast...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flight 19-2015-may-28-002.jpg  

Been to the local Army Navy surplus store and picked up a little something as a fixer upper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flight 19-2015-may-31-001.jpg  

Delivering some itinerant forestry workers into the Canadian Rockies.

Nice flight even if the 'Poon pilot put a large dent into the runway at Blue River. 911 was called, but the soonest they could get there was sometime next week. Good thing I found a box of bandaids and some asprin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flight 19-2015-may-31-003.jpg   Flight 19-2015-may-31-005.jpg  

Nice flight tonight although there sure seems to be a lot more trees than the other night and they've gotten taller too. I'm starting to get fond of the this Lockheed Twin...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flight 19-2015-jun-2-011.jpg   Flight 19-2015-jun-2-010.jpg   Flight 19-2015-jun-2-007.jpg   Flight 19-2015-jun-2-004.jpg  

Some photos from last nights flight. Over the mountains heading for the good old USA, and Willy passing the old C-46.

Members who have read this thread: 0