Flying the Line - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Flying the Line

Nice flight to Hobbs... no sign of Milton however..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flight 19-2015-feb-3-001.jpg   Flight 19-2015-feb-3-002.jpg   Flight 19-2015-feb-3-003.jpg   Flight 19-2015-feb-3-004.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Whoops! Sorry I missed you. Had I known, I would have been there with all your favorite "beverages". :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

This looks like so much fun.

Being a DC-3/3 fan, I see that I am missing out big time here.

Wish I had the time to join in.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

We welcome other folks joining up all the time. The more the merrier.

Flew into T27 at El Paso. My new ride was waiting on me there..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flight 19-2015-feb-4-001.jpg  

Here are some photos from a flight a few nights ago, Just got fooling around with the picture of our planes at KHOB, HOBBS, NM.

Left El Paso and flew back up into New Mexico to Portales. I'm not too sure that me and this Convair are going to get along....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flight 19-2015-feb-5-008.jpg   Flight 19-2015-feb-5-006.jpg   Flight 19-2015-feb-5-005.jpg  

Yep, back to the Commando. Braniff Air Freight this time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Braniff Air Freight.jpg  

Nice flight from Portales to Ft Stockton. Went back over Hobbs, but still no sign of Milton.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flight 19-2015-feb-6-007.jpg   Flight 19-2015-feb-6-004.jpg   Flight 19-2015-feb-6-003.jpg   Flight 19-2015-feb-6-001.jpg   Flight 19-2015-feb-6-002.jpg  

Next to the DC-3 I love that Commando too.

Ag, guess I am just loving props. The Connie is probably second on my most favorite aircraft.

Love those screenshots Willy. That one was a close call.

Is there a way for me to see when you guys are flying? I would love to find a date and time that I can join in,

And how do I know what flightplan and airplane is allowed? Yes, the DC-2 is my favorite, but I am flexible.
    Also, do you all use default scenery?
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Manfred, we usually fly Monday through Saturday with a meeting up time about 9pm US Central and take off about a half hour later.

The IP address is 72.233.79.242

When we start a new flight we have decided what kind of aircraft to fly and try to fly in something that will keep up with the others. For now, we're running a twin engine propliner theme, which could change later on. We take turns coming up with parts of the route. As for scenery, we like add on scenery. But it's no big deal if you don't have it.

Nice flight to Brownswood Texas. Once we got past the traffic jam on the way to the active at Ft Stockton.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flight 19-2015-feb-7-001.jpg   Flight 19-2015-feb-7-002.jpg  

Here are some photos before the traffic jam and after.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Is there a way for me to see when you guys are flying? I would love to find a date and time that I can join in,

And how do I know what flightplan and airplane is allowed? Yes, the DC-2 is my favorite, but I am flexible.
    Also, do you all use default scenery?
    If you are in the mood any evening you can always check on the server page http://www.sim-outhouse.net:8181/ (the FSHost blue button at the top of this page will take you there). If we're already enroute it will tell you the nearest airport so you can always load there and do an "ìntercept". The flight plans are usually built by one of us at the beginning and maybe the middle so we email them out. Legs are usually about an hour ( so the eastern kids can get to bed on time) and rarely 'difficult' although Willy seems to find fog/clouds for us.

Most often it seems to be 180kt planes but we have ventured into a couple of weeks of Sabres, a month of floatplane/boats. Variety is the life of spice. generally it's something easy enough (and with Otto) so we can chat enroute (MP chatbox is the medium of choice).

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Dinner service into Lawton, OK.

Great night to be smuggling contraband into Oklahoma..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flight 19-2015-feb-8-004.jpg   Flight 19-2015-feb-8-006.jpg  

Hello there!

Here are two shots of some of Flight 19 before take off to Klaw (Lawton\Ft. Sill). As noted this was going to be a night flight.

Hello.

Well since we have this day off from flying with Flight 19, I thought I would try to brush up on my jet flying skills. Flying a DC-8-61 Delta Airlines from KORD to KSLC

Darn pictures loaded backwards. hehe

Flew on to Amarillo TX. It was kind of dark out...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flight 19-2015-feb-10-012.jpg  

Another night flight, this time from Amarillo to Downtown airport (2DT) in Oklahoma City. I went IFR and followed Interstate 40 all the way into OKC. It was kind of hard to miss I-40, especially at night. The problems started at OKC. 2DT is a somewhat smallish airport and the C-46 is far from a Cessna. And at night, it's easy to miss stuff in front of the end of the runway in the dark. I decided that with the short runway, I'd go full flaps to get my airspeed down and lift up thinking I wouldn't need as much runway. One problem with that idea. At full flaps, the C-46 has a tendency to float just above the runway. On short final, there appeared a very large tree directly in front of me and in such a position that I couldn't land on the end of the runway, because I had to pop up to get over that darn tree. I got over the tree (I'll be a while picking sticks and birdnests out of the oil coolers) and made a "dive" at the runway. The wheels hit, I was still doing about 75kts and I started jamming on the brakes. I pulled back on the yoke to get the tail down and figured I was doing okay. About halfway down the runway, I realize that I'm not loosing much speed. Then I hear the wheels hit again. I'd been floating just above the runway for most of the distance. I stayed on the brakes and as I went off the end of the runway, I was still doing 45kts with buildings coming up fast. I left off the left brake and started to try to make an emergency turn to the right, hopefully without flipping the plane over. I just barely made it with my wingtip coming within inches of scraping a building.

Now to figure out just how the heck I'm going to get the big Curtiss back out of there!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flight 19-2015-feb-11-003.jpg   Flight 19-2015-feb-11-004.jpg  

Howdy,

One of those days, Willy had problems stopping at 2DT, and I had problems finding the bloody airport, but alas We all made it. Now the show of the month is Willy and his C-46 getting airborne before he hits something, me light fuel load hope this will do it.

Howdy Folks,

Here we are posting a few snaps of last nights flight. In our Convair 240 we took off at dawn and headed for Dodge City, Hehe, sure hope they still put on shows of the old time gun fights. By the way, Willy and his C-46 made it out 2DT with flying colors! Now, we are headed for KPNC Ponca City Mun. So, will talk to you later.

Click on pictures to enlarge. Hard to see using night/dawn times.
    Last edited by Taco; February 12th, 2015 at 08:14. Reason: e

Hi, It was just Willy and I who flew onto Ponca City (KPNC). The rest of the flight decieded to stay in Dodge City for awhile. Willy got back the Boeing 308 after some major work on the panel and electrial system. Welcome back the Boeing! Hey, we will be heading for Kansas City, landing, I believe, at the old TWA maintenance station.

Propliner theology 101. Into Kansas.

There I was coming up on about 10nm out of Kansas City in the Stratoliner and gauges started failing. I figured, ok so we'll land her in the dark by the seat of our pants. Then I realized that almost everything else had quit working.

Back to the C-46 until I can get the Boeing sorted out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2015-feb-14-002.jpg   Flt 19-2015-feb-14-001.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0